Is it really the end of internal combustion engines and petroleum in transport?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yuan, Xinmei & Li, Lili & Gou, Huadong & Dong, Tingting, 2015. "Energy and environmental impact of battery electric vehicle range in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 75-84.
- Stephen P. Holland & Erin T. Mansur & Nicholas Z. Muller & Andrew J. Yates, 2015. "Environmental Benefits from Driving Electric Vehicles?," NBER Working Papers 21291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ke, Wenwei & Zhang, Shaojun & He, Xiaoyi & Wu, Ye & Hao, Jiming, 2017. "Well-to-wheels energy consumption and emissions of electric vehicles: Mid-term implications from real-world features and air pollution control progress," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 188(C), pages 367-377.
- Lucas, Alexandre & Alexandra Silva, Carla & Costa Neto, Rui, 2012. "Life cycle analysis of energy supply infrastructure for conventional and electric vehicles," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 537-547.
- Smith, William J., 2010. "Can EV (electric vehicles) address Ireland’s CO2 emissions from transport?," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 4514-4521.
- Doucette, Reed T. & McCulloch, Malcolm D., 2011. "Modeling the CO2 emissions from battery electric vehicles given the power generation mixes of different countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 803-811, February.
- Ma, Hongrui & Balthasar, Felix & Tait, Nigel & Riera-Palou, Xavier & Harrison, Andrew, 2012. "A new comparison between the life cycle greenhouse gas emissions of battery electric vehicles and internal combustion vehicles," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 160-173.
- Dedehayir, Ozgur & Steinert, Martin, 2016. "The hype cycle model: A review and future directions," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 28-41.
- Hofmann, Jana & Guan, Dabo & Chalvatzis, Konstantinos & Huo, Hong, 2016. "Assessment of electrical vehicles as a successful driver for reducing CO2 emissions in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 995-1003.
- Qiao, Qinyu & Zhao, Fuquan & Liu, Zongwei & Jiang, Shuhua & Hao, Han, 2017. "Cradle-to-gate greenhouse gas emissions of battery electric and internal combustion engine vehicles in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 204(C), pages 1399-1411.
- Troy R. Hawkins & Bhawna Singh & Guillaume Majeau‐Bettez & Anders Hammer Strømman, 2013. "Comparative Environmental Life Cycle Assessment of Conventional and Electric Vehicles," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 17(1), pages 53-64, February.
- Millo, Federico & Rolando, Luciano & Fuso, Rocco & Mallamo, Fabio, 2014. "Real CO2 emissions benefits and end user’s operating costs of a plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 563-571.
- Wu, Ye & Yang, Zhengdong & Lin, Bohong & Liu, Huan & Wang, Renjie & Zhou, Boya & Hao, Jiming, 2012. "Energy consumption and CO2 emission impacts of vehicle electrification in three developed regions of China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 537-550.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Imran, S. & Korakianitis, T. & Shaukat, R. & Farooq, M. & Condoor, S. & Jayaram, S., 2018. "Experimentally tested performance and emissions advantages of using natural-gas and hydrogen fuel mixture with diesel and rapeseed methyl ester as pilot fuels," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 229(C), pages 1260-1268.
- Yang, Jie & Dong, Xue & Wu, Qiang & Xu, Min, 2019. "Effects of enhanced tumble ratios on the in-cylinder performance of a gasoline direct injection optical engine," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 236(C), pages 137-146.
- Sharma, Priybrat & Dhar, Atul, 2019. "Effect of hydrogen fumigation on combustion stability and unregulated emissions in a diesel fuelled compression ignition engine," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 253(C), pages 1-1.
- Liu, Fushui & Li, Zhishuang & Wang, Ziman & Dai, Xiaoyu & He, Xu & Lee, Chia-Fon, 2018. "Microscopic study on diesel spray under cavitating conditions by injecting fuel into water," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 230(C), pages 1172-1181.
- Yin, Lianhao & Lundgren, Marcus & Wang, Zhenkan & Stamatoglou, Panagiota & Richter, Mattias & Andersson, Öivind & Tunestål, Per, 2019. "High efficient internal combustion engine using partially premixed combustion with multiple injections," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 233, pages 516-523.
- Katriina Sirviö & Seppo Niemi & Sonja Heikkilä & Jukka Kiijärvi & Michaela Hissa & Erkki Hiltunen, 2019. "Feasibility of New Liquid Fuel Blends for Medium-Speed Engines," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(14), pages 1-10, July.
- Natalia Duarte Forero & Donovan Arango Barrios & Jorge Duarte Forero, 2019. "Overview of Potential Use of Hydroxyl and Hydrogen as an Alternative Fuel in Colombia," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 9(6), pages 525-534.
- Qian, Yong & Wu, Zhiyong & Guo, Jinjing & Li, Zilong & Jiang, Chenxu & Lu, Xingcai, 2019. "Experimental studies on the key parameters controlling the combustion and emission in premixed charge compression ignition concept based on diesel surrogates," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 235(C), pages 233-246.
- Nawar Al-Esawi & Mansour Al Qubeissi & Ruslana Kolodnytska, 2019. "The Impact of Biodiesel Fuel on Ethanol/Diesel Blends," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(9), pages 1-11, May.
- Huang, Shuai & Li, Tie & Zhang, Zhifei & Ma, Pengfei, 2019. "Rotational and vibrational temperatures in the spark plasma by various discharge energies and strategies," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 251(C), pages 1-1.
- Zhe Kang & Zhehao Zhang & Jun Deng & Liguang Li & Zhijun Wu, 2019. "Experimental Research of High-Temperature and High-Pressure Water Jet Characteristics in ICRC Engine Relevant Conditions," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(9), pages 1-17, May.
- Zhang, Guanglu & Lin, Boqiang, 2018. "Impact of structure on unified efficiency for Chinese service sector—A two-stage analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 231(C), pages 876-886.
- Feng, Xuning & Zheng, Siqi & Ren, Dongsheng & He, Xiangming & Wang, Li & Cui, Hao & Liu, Xiang & Jin, Changyong & Zhang, Fangshu & Xu, Chengshan & Hsu, Hungjen & Gao, Shang & Chen, Tianyu & Li, Yalun , 2019. "Investigating the thermal runaway mechanisms of lithium-ion batteries based on thermal analysis database," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 246(C), pages 53-64.
- Ahmad, Zeeshan & Kaario, Ossi & Qiang, Cheng & Vuorinen, Ville & Larmi, Martti, 2019. "A parametric investigation of diesel/methane dual-fuel combustion progression/stages in a heavy-duty optical engine," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 251(C), pages 1-1.
- Cipek, Mihael & Pavković, Danijel & Kljaić, Zdenko & Mlinarić, Tomislav Josip, 2019. "Assessment of battery-hybrid diesel-electric locomotive fuel savings and emission reduction potentials based on a realistic mountainous rail route," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 1154-1171.
- Xu, Weicong & Deng, Shuai & Zhao, Li & Zhang, Yue & Li, Shuangjun, 2019. "Performance analysis on novel thermodynamic cycle under the guidance of 3D construction method," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 250(C), pages 478-492.
- Yin, Lianhao & Turesson, Gabriel & Tunestål, Per & Johansson, Rolf, 2019. "Evaluation and transient control of an advanced multi-cylinder engine based on partially premixed combustion," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 233, pages 1015-1026.
- Li, Danyang & Chen, Wenying, 2019. "TIMES modeling of the large-scale popularization of electric vehicles under the worldwide prohibition of liquid vehicle sales," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 254(C).
- Liu, Yu & Yuan, Zhipeng & Ma, Yinjie & Fu, Jianqin & Huang, Ronghua & Liu, Jingping, 2019. "Analysis of spray combustion characteristics of diesel, biodiesel and their n-pentanol blends based on a one-dimensional semi-phenomenological model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 238(C), pages 996-1009.
More about this item
KeywordsTransport energy; Battery electric vehicles; Alternative fuels; Combustion engines;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:225:y:2018:i:c:p:965-974. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.