Biomass-related sustainability: A review of the literature and interpretive structural modeling
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sequeira, Tiago Neves & Santos, Marcelo Serra, 2018. "Does country-risk influence electricity production worldwide?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 730-746.
- Gonzalez-Salazar, Miguel Angel & Venturini, Mauro & Poganietz, Witold-Roger & Finkenrath, Matthias & L.V. Leal, Manoel Regis, 2017. "Combining an accelerated deployment of bioenergy and land use strategies: Review and insights for a post-conflict scenario in Colombia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 159-177.
- Burke, Paul J., 2010. "Income, resources, and electricity mix," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 616-626, May.
- Anabela Botelho & Lina Lourenço-Gomes & Lígia Pinto & Sara Sousa & Marieta Valente, 2016.
"Using stated preference methods to assess environmental impacts of forest biomass power plants in Portugal,"
Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 18(5), pages 1323-1337, October.
- Anabela Botelho & Lina Sofia Lourenço-Gomes & Lígia Costa Pinto & Sara Sousa & Marieta Valente, 2015. "Using stated preference methods to assess environmental impacts of forest biomass power plants in Portugal," NIMA Working Papers 59, Núcleo de Investigação em Microeconomia Aplicada (NIMA), Universidade do Minho.
- Zsuzsanna Csereklyei, M. d. Mar Rubio-Varas, and David I. Stern, 2016.
"Energy and Economic Growth: The Stylized Facts,"
The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Csereklyei, Zszsanna & Varas, Mar Rubio & Stern, David I., 2014. "Energy and Economic Growth: The Stylized Facts," Working Papers 249502, Australian National University, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy.
- Zsuzsanna Csereklyei & Maria del Mar Rubio Varas & David I. Stern, 2014. "Energy and Economic Growth: The Stylized Facts," CCEP Working Papers 1417, Centre for Climate & Energy Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Suurs, Roald A.A. & Hekkert, Marko P., 2009. "Competition between first and second generation technologies: Lessons from the formation of a biofuels innovation system in the Netherlands," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 669-679.
- Piwowar, Arkadiusz & Dzikuć, Maciej, 2016. "Outline of the economic and technical problems associated with the co-combustion of biomass in Poland," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 415-420.
- Chen, Qiu & Yang, Haoran & Liu, Tianbiao & Zhang, Lin, 2016. "Household biomass energy choice and its policy implications on improving rural livelihoods in Sichuan, China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 291-302.
- Ramirez-Contreras, Nidia Elizabeth & Faaij, André P.C., 2018. "A review of key international biomass and bioenergy sustainability frameworks and certification systems and their application and implications in Colombia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 460-478.
- Carlsson, B & Stankiewicz, R, 1991. "On the Nature, Function and Composition of Technological Systems," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 93-118, April.
- Mertzanis, Charilaos, 2018. "Institutions, development and energy constraints," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 962-982.
- Sen Guo & Huiru Zhao & Haoran Zhao, 2017. "The Most Economical Mode of Power Supply for Remote and Less Developed Areas in China: Power Grid Extension or Micro-Grid?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(6), pages 1-18, May.
- Kumar, Mayank & Olajire Oyedun, Adetoyese & Kumar, Amit, 2018. "A review on the current status of various hydrothermal technologies on biomass feedstock," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P2), pages 1742-1770.
- Baqir Lalani & Bassil Aleter & Shinan N. Kassam & Amyn Bapoo & Amir Kassam, 2018. "Potential for Conservation Agriculture in the Dry Marginal Zone of Central Syria: A Preliminary Assessment," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-19, February.
- Song, Nianfu & Aguilar, Francisco X. & Shifley, Stephen R. & Goerndt, Michael E., 2012. "Factors affecting wood energy consumption by U.S. households," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 389-397.
- Evans, Annette & Strezov, Vladimir & Evans, Tim J., 2010. "Sustainability considerations for electricity generation from biomass," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 1419-1427, June.
- Alison Burrell & Stephan Hubertus Gay & Aikaterini Kavallari, 2012. "The Compatibility of EU Biofuel Policies with Global Sustainability and the WTO," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(6), pages 784-798, June.
- Andreas, Jan-Justus & Burns, Charlotte & Touza, Julia, 2017. "Renewable Energy as a Luxury? A Qualitative Comparative Analysis of the Role of the Economy in the EU's Renewable Energy Transitions During the ‘Double Crisis’," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 81-90.
- Khan, Ershad Ullah & Martin, Andrew R., 2016. "Review of biogas digester technology in rural Bangladesh," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 247-259.
- Zhou, Huairong & Qian, Yu & Kraslawski, Andrzej & Yang, Qingchun & Yang, Siyu, 2017. "Life-cycle assessment of alternative liquid fuels production in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 507-522.
- Salgado, Mario A. Heredia & Tarelho, Luís A.C. & Matos, Arlindo & Robaina, M. & Narváez, Ricardo & Peralta, Miguel E., 2018. "Thermoeconomic analysis of integrated production of biochar and process heat from quinoa and lupin residual biomass," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 332-341.
- Ping, Xiaoge & Jiang, Zhigang & Li, Chunwang, 2012. "Social and ecological effects of biomass utilization and the willingness to use clean energy in the eastern Qinghai–Tibet plateau," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 828-833.
- Meihui Li & Na Luo & Yi Lu, 2017. "Biomass Energy Technological Paradigm (BETP): Trends in This Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(4), pages 1-28, April.
- Popp, J. & Lakner, Z. & Harangi-Rákos, M. & Fári, M., 2014. "The effect of bioenergy expansion: Food, energy, and environment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 559-578.
- Yuki Kudoh & Masayuki Sagisaka & Sau Soon Chen & Jessie C. Elauria & Shabbir H. Gheewala & Udin Hasanudin & Jane Romero & Vinod K. Sharma & Xunpeng Shi, 2015. "Region-Specific Indicators for Assessing the Sustainability of Biomass Utilisation in East Asia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(12), pages 1-23, December.
- Leban, Vasja & Pezdevšek Malovrh, Špela & Zadnik Stirn, Lidija & Krč, Janez, 2016. "Forest biomass for energy in multi-functional forest management: Insight into the perceptions of forest-related professionals," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 87-93.
- Pode, Ramchandra & Diouf, Boucar & Pode, Gayatri, 2015. "Sustainable rural electrification using rice husk biomass energy: A case study of Cambodia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 530-542.
- Singh, Jaswinder, 2016. "A roadmap for production of sustainable, consistent and reliable electric power from agricultural biomass- An Indian perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 246-254.
- Musa, S. Danlami & Zhonghua, Tang & Ibrahim, Abdullateef O. & Habib, Mukhtar, 2018. "China's energy status: A critical look at fossils and renewable options," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P2), pages 2281-2290.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:7:y:2015:i:12:p:16237-16259:d:60067 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ozoegwu, C.G. & Eze, C. & Onwosi, C.O. & Mgbemene, C.A. & Ozor, P.A., 2017. "Biomass and bioenergy potential of cassava waste in Nigeria: Estimations based partly on rural-level garri processing case studies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 625-638.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Qiang Wang & Thomas Dogot & Xianlei Huang & Linna Fang & Changbin Yin, 2020. "Coupling of Rural Energy Structure and Straw Utilization: Based on Cases in Hebei, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-21, January.
- Beatriz M. Paredes-Sánchez & José P. Paredes-Sánchez & Paulino J. García-Nieto, 2020. "Energy Multiphase Model for Biocoal Conversion Systems by Means of a Nodal Network," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(11), pages 1-13, May.
- Ding, Yanming & Huang, Biqing & Li, Kaiyuan & Du, Wenzhou & Lu, Kaihua & Zhang, Yansong, 2020. "Thermal interaction analysis of isolated hemicellulose and cellulose by kinetic parameters during biomass pyrolysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 195(C).
- Nandal, Vinod & Kumar, Raj & Singh, S.K., 2019. "Barriers identification and analysis of solar power implementation in Indian thermal power plants: An Interpretative Structural Modeling approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 1-1.
More about this item
KeywordsBioenergy; Biomass; Sustainability; Countries' development;
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- O25 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
- O35 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Social Innovation
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:171:y:2019:i:c:p:1107-1125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.