The application of contrast explanation to energy policy research: UK nuclear energy policy 2002–2012
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kouris, George, 1980. "Limits to energy policy analysis -- a reply to Weinberg," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 175-176, June.
- Brian Pinkstone, 2002. "Persistent demi-regs and robust tendencies: critical realism and the Singer--Prebisch Thesis," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(5), pages 561-583, September.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Aaker, David A & Stayman, Douglas M & Hagerty, Michael R, 1986. " Warmth in Advertising: Measurement, Impact, and Sequence Effects," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(4), pages 365-381, March.
- Taylor, S., 2011. "Can New Nuclear Power Plants be Project Financed?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1140, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Richard O. Mason, 1969. "A Dialectical Approach to Strategic Planning," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(8), pages 403-414, April.
- Ian I. Mitroff, 1971. "A Communication Model of Dialectical Inquiring Systems--A Strategy for Strategic Planning," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(10), pages 634-648, June.
- Drolet, Aimee, 2002. " Inherent Rule Variability in Consumer Choice: Changing Rules for Change's Sake," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 293-305, December.
- Marshall R. Goodman & Fredric P. Andes, 1985. "The Politics of Regulatory Reform and The Future Direction of Nuclear Energy Policy," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 5(1), pages 111-121, August.
- Corbey, Dorette, 1995. "Dialectical functionalism: stagnation as a booster of European integration," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(02), pages 253-284, March.
- Folkes, Valerie S & Martin, Ingrid M & Gupta, Kamal, 1993. " When to Say When: Effects of Supply on Usage," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 467-477, December.
- Stephen Pratten, 2004. "Mathematical formalism in economics: consequences and alternatives," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(2), pages 37-42, June.
- Taylor, Frederick Winslow, 1911. "The Principles of Scientific Management," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number taylor1911.
- Pamela Moss, 1998. "Recovering a Dialectical View of Rationality," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 55-67, November.
- Marleen Kerkhof, 2006. "Making a difference: On the constraints of consensus building and the relevance of deliberation in stakeholder dialogues," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 39(3), pages 279-299, September.
- MacKerron, Gordon, 2004. "Nuclear power and the characteristics of `ordinariness'--the case of UK energy policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(17), pages 1957-1965, November.
- Freedman, David & Rothenberg, Thomas & Sutch, Richard, 1983. "On Energy Policy Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 1(1), pages 24-32, January.
- Freedman, David & Rothenberg, Thomas & Sutch, Richard, 1983. "On Energy Policy Models: Rejoinder," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 1(1), pages 1-36, January.
- Tony Lawson, 2009. "Applied economics, contrast explanation and asymmetric information," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(3), pages 405-419, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heffron, Raphael J., 2013.
"Nuclear energy policy in the United States 1990–2010: A federal or state responsibility?,"
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 254-266.
- Heffron, R.J., 2013. "Nuclear Energy policy in the United States 1990-2010: A Federal or State Responsibility," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1303, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Heffron, Raphael J. & McCauley, Darren & Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2015. "Resolving society's energy trilemma through the Energy Justice Metric," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 168-176.
- Heffron, Raphael J. & Johnston, Angus & McCauley, Darren & Jenkins, Kirsten, 2013. "Policy delivery for low carbon energy infrastructure in the UK, april 5th 2013: Conference overview," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1367-1369.
- Heffron, Raphael J. & McCauley, Darren, 2014. "Achieving sustainable supply chains through energy justice," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 435-437.
- Hall, Lisa M.H. & Buckley, Alastair R., 2016. "A review of energy systems models in the UK: Prevalent usage and categorisation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 607-628.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:836-843 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsContrast explanation; Contested and uncontested hypotheses analysis; UK nuclear energy policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:55:y:2013:i:c:p:602-616. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.