Consumer perceptions of smart grid development: Results of a Hong Kong survey and policy implications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, James & Hendry, Chris, 2009. "Public demonstration projects and field trials: Accelerating commercialisation of sustainable technology in solar photovoltaics," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2560-2573, July.
- Lamia Kamal-Chaoui & Alexis Robert, 2009. "Competitive Cities and Climate Change," OECD Regional Development Working Papers 2009/2, OECD Publishing.
- Depuru, Soma Shekara Sreenadh Reddy & Wang, Lingfeng & Devabhaktuni, Vijay, 2011. "Electricity theft: Overview, issues, prevention and a smart meter based approach to control theft," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 1007-1015, February.
- Michael Nye & Lorraine Whitmarsh & Timothy Foxon, 2010.
"Sociopsychological Perspectives on the Active Roles of Domestic Actors in Transition to a Lower Carbon Electricity Economy,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 42(3), pages 697-714, March.
- Michael Nye & Lorraine Whitmarsh & Timothy Foxon, 2010. "Sociopsychological perspectives on the active roles of domestic actors in transition to a lower carbon electricity economy," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 42(3), pages 697-714, March.
- Ek, Kristina & Söderholm, Patrik, 2008. "Norms and economic motivation in the Swedish green electricity market," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 169-182, December.
- Zio, Enrico & Aven, Terje, 2011. "Uncertainties in smart grids behavior and modeling: What are the risks and vulnerabilities? How to analyze them?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6308-6320, October.
- Karen Bickerstaff & Peter Simmons & Nick Pidgeon, 2008. "Constructing responsibilities for risk: negotiating citizen – state relationships," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 40(6), pages 1312-1330, June.
- Parag, Yael & Darby, Sarah, 2009. "Consumer-supplier-government triangular relations: Rethinking the UK policy path for carbon emissions reduction from the UK residential sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3984-3992, October.
- Vasconcelos & Jorge, 2008. "Survey of Regulatory and Technological Developments Concerning Smart Metering in the European Union Electricity Market," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 1, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Litvine, Dorian & Wüstenhagen, Rolf, 2011. "Helping "light green" consumers walk the talk: Results of a behavioural intervention survey in the Swiss electricity market," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 462-474, January.
- Strbac, Goran, 2008. "Demand side management: Benefits and challenges," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4419-4426, December.
- Lo, Alex Y.H., 2008. "Merging electricity and environment politics of Hong Kong: Identifying the barriers from the ways that sustainability is defined," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1521-1537, April.
- Hargreaves, Tom & Nye, Michael & Burgess, Jacquelin, 2010. "Making energy visible: A qualitative field study of how householders interact with feedback from smart energy monitors," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6111-6119, October.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2009. "Rejecting renewables: The socio-technical impediments to renewable electricity in the United States," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4500-4513, November.
- Blumstein, Carl & Krieg, Betsy & Schipper, Lee & York, Carl, 1980. "Overcoming social and institutional barriers to energy conservation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 355-371.
- Bernhard May, 2010. "Energy Security and Climate Change," South Asian Survey, , vol. 17(1), pages 19-30, March.
- Luk, Stephen, 2005. "Electricity tariffs in Hong Kong: what went wrong and what can we do about it?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1085-1093, May.
- Wiser, R. H., 2000. "The role of public policy in emerging green power markets: an analysis of marketer preferences," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 177-212, June.
- Karen Bickerstaff & Peter Simmons & Nick Pidgeon, 2008. "Constructing Responsibilities for Risk: Negotiating Citizen â€” State Relationships," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 40(6), pages 1312-1330, June.
- Takatoshi ITO & Akira KOJIMA & Colin MCKENZIE & Shujiro URATA, 2010. "The Environment and Climate Change: Editors' Overview," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 5(1), pages 1-18.
- Luk, Stephen, 2007. "A further assessment of the Hong Kong Government's proposed post-2008 regulatory regime for local electricity utilities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1423-1425, March.
- -, 2010. "Regional Climate Modelling In The Caribbean," Sede Subregional de la CEPAL para el Caribe (Estudios e Investigaciones) 38284, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Seng, Lim Yun & Lalchand, G. & Sow Lin, Gladys Mak, 2008. "Economical, environmental and technical analysis of building integrated photovoltaic systems in Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 2130-2142, June.
- Leenheer, Jorna & de Nooij, Michiel & Sheikh, Omer, 2011. "Own power: Motives of having electricity without the energy company," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5621-5629, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chou, Jui-Sheng & Gusti Ayu Novi Yutami, I, 2014. "Smart meter adoption and deployment strategy for residential buildings in Indonesia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 336-349.
- Mah, Daphne Ngar-yin & Wu, Yun-Ying & Ip, Jasper Chi-man & Hills, Peter Ronald, 2013. "The role of the state in sustainable energy transitions: A case study of large smart grid demonstration projects in Japan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 726-737.
- Fadaeenejad, M. & Saberian, A.M. & Fadaee, Mohd. & Radzi, M.A.M. & Hizam, H. & AbKadir, M.Z.A., 2014. "The present and future of smart power grid in developing countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 828-834.
- Muench, Stefan & Thuss, Sebastian & Guenther, Edeltraud, 2014. "What hampers energy system transformations? The case of smart grids," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 80-92.
- Carillo-Aparicio, Susana & Heredia-Larrubia, Juan R. & Perez-Hidalgo, Francisco, 2013. "SmartCity Málaga, a real-living lab and its adaptation to electric vehicles in cities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 774-779.
- Mah, Daphne Ngar-yin & Hills, Peter & Tao, Julia, 2014. "Risk perception, trust and public engagement in nuclear decision-making in Hong Kong," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 368-390.
- Lopes, Marta A.R. & Henggeler Antunes, Carlos & Janda, Kathryn B. & Peixoto, Paulo & Martins, Nelson, 2016. "The potential of energy behaviours in a smart(er) grid: Policy implications from a Portuguese exploratory study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 233-245.
- Lam, J. & Li, V. & Reiner, D. & Han, Y., 2018. "Trust in Government and Effective Nuclear Safety Governance in Great Britain," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1827, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Lin, Chen-Chun & Yang, Chia-Han & Shyua, Joseph Z., 2013. "A comparison of innovation policy in the smart grid industry across the pacific: China and the USA," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 119-132.
- Dada, Joseph O., 2014. "Towards understanding the benefits and challenges of Smart/Micro-Grid for electricity supply system in Nigeria," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1003-1014.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:109:y:2017:i:c:p:794-806 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rensus:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:1146-1168 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chou, Jui-Sheng & Kim, Changwan & Ung, Thanh-Khiet & Yutami, I Gusti Ayu Novi & Lin, Guo-Tai & Son, Hyojoo, 2015. "Cross-country review of smart grid adoption in residential buildings," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 192-213.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:81:y:2018:i:p2:p:2160-2180 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSmart grids; Consumer perception; Sustainability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:49:y:2012:i:c:p:204-216. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.