Rejecting renewables: The socio-technical impediments to renewable electricity in the United States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Herbert A. Simon, 1955. "A Behavioral Model of Rational Choice," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 69(1), pages 99-118.
- Tienda, Marta & Aborampah, Osei-Mensah, 1981. " Energy-Related Adaptation in Low-Income Nonmetropolitan Wisconsin Counties," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 265-270, December.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2008. "Renewable Energy: Economically Sound, Politically Difficult," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 18-29, June.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Cooper, Christopher, 2007. "Big Is Beautiful: The Case for Federal Leadership on a National Renewable Portfolio Standard," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 48-61, May.
- Bennett, Peter D & Moore, Noreen Klein, 1981. " Consumers' Preferences for Alternative Energy Conservation Policies: A Trade-Off Analysis," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 313-321, December.
- Benjamin Sovacool, 2008. "The problem with the “portfolio approach” in American energy policy," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 41(3), pages 245-261, September.
- Belk, Russell & Painter, John & Semenik, Richard, 1981. " Preferred Solutions to the Energy Crisis as a Function of Causal Attributions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 306-312, December.
- Simon, Herbert A, 1979.
"Rational Decision Making in Business Organizations,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 69(4), pages 493-513, September.
- Simon, Herbert A., 1978. "Rational Decision-Making in Business Organizations," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1978-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Sanstad, Alan H & Blumstein, Carl & Stoft, Steven E, 1995. "How high are option values in energy-efficiency investments?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 739-743, September.
- Dermot Gately, 1980. "Individual Discount Rates and the Purchase and Utilization of Energy-Using Durables: Comment," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(1), pages 373-374, Spring.
More about this item
KeywordsRenewable energy Renewable electricity Renewable power;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:37:y:2009:i:11:p:4500-4513. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.