The role of public policy in emerging green power markets: an analysis of marketer preferences
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wiser, Ryan H., 1998. "Green power marketing: increasing customer demand for renewable energy," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 107-119, June.
- Nakarado, Gary L, 1996. "A marketing orientation is the key to a sustainable energy future," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 187-193, February.
- Fouquet, Roger, 1998. "The United Kingdom demand for renewable electricity in a liberalised market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 281-293, March.
- Ronald H. Coase, 2008.
"The Institutional Structure of Production,"
Springer Books, in: Claude Ménard & Mary M. Shirley (ed.), Handbook of New Institutional Economics, chapter 2, pages 31-39,
- Ronald H. Coase, 2005. "The Institutional Structure of Production," Springer Books, in: Claude Menard & Mary M. Shirley (ed.), Handbook of New Institutional Economics, chapter 2, pages 31-39, Springer.
- Coase Ronald, 1991. "The Institutional Structure of Production," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 2(4), pages 1-10, December.
- Coase, R H, 1992. "The Institutional Structure of Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 713-719, September.
- Costello, Kenneth W., 1995. "The next Gordian Knot for state regulators and electric utilities: The unbundling of retail services," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(9), pages 38-49, November.
- Rader, Nancy A. & Norgaard, Richard B., 1996. "Efficiency and sustainability in restructured electricity markets: the renewables portfolio standard," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 37-49, July.
- Paul L. Joskow, 1998. "Electricity Sectors in Transition," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 25-52.
- Asmus, Peter, 1997. "Power to the people: local governments go green," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(9), pages 78-82, November.
- Ridley, Scott, 1997. "Local government: the sleeping giant in electric industry restructuring," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(9), pages 13-21, November.
- Joskow, Paul L., 1996. "Does stranded cost recovery distort competition?," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 31-45, April.
- Beales, Howard & Craswell, Richard & Salop, Steven C, 1981. "The Efficient Regulation of Consumer Information," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 491-539, December.
- Borenstein, Severin & Bushnell, James & Kahn, Edward & Stoft, Steven, 1995. "Market power in California electricity markets," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(3-4), pages 219-236.
- Hahn, Robert W & Stavins, Robert N, 1992. "Economic Incentives for Environmental Protection: Integrating Theory and Practice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 464-468, May.
- Tye, William B. & Graves, Frank C., 1996. "Stranded cost recovery and competition on equal terms," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(10), pages 61-70, December.
- Garber, Don & Hogan, Willian W. & Ruff, Larry, 1994. "An efficient electricity market: Using a pool to support real competition," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(7), pages 48-60, September.
- Douglass C. North, 1991. "Institutions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 97-112, Winter.
- Costello, Kenneth W. & Graniere, Robert J., 1997. "The outlook for a restructured U.S. electric power industry: lessons from deregulation," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 81-91, May.
- Rábago, Karl & Wiser, Ryan & Hamrin, Jan, 1998. "The Green-e program: an opportunity for customers," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 37-45.
- Janet A. Weiss & Mary Tschirhart, 1994. "Public information campaigns as policy instruments," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 82-119.
- David M. Newbery, 1995. "Power Markets and Market Power," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 39-66.
- Rohrbach, John, 1999. "Made in the Keystone State: Pennsylvania's Approach to Retail Electric Competition," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 26-39, January.
- Hartman, Raymond S. & Tabors, Richard D., 1998. "Optimal operating arrangements in the restructured world: economic issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 75-83, February.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Aleksandr Rudkevich & Max Duckworth & Richard Rosen, 1998. "Modeling Electricity Pricing in a Deregulated Generation Industry: The Potential for Oligopoly Pricing in a Poolco," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 19-48.
- Francis M. Bator, 1958. "The Anatomy of Market Failure," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(3), pages 351-379.
- Landon, John H. & Kahn, Edward P., 1996. "Retail access pilot programs: where's the beef?," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(10), pages 19-25, December.
- Talbot, Neil, 1999. "The Right Path for Electricity Restructuring: 10 Guidelines for State Legislation," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 16-25, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mah, Daphne Ngar-yin & van der Vleuten, Johannes Marinus & Hills, Peter & Tao, Julia, 2012. "Consumer perceptions of smart grid development: Results of a Hong Kong survey and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 204-216.
- Puppim de Oliveira, J. A., 2002. "The policymaking process for creating competitive assets for the use of biomass energy: the Brazilian alcohol programme," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 129-140.
- Gustavsson, Leif & Madlener, Reinhard, 2003. "CO2 mitigation costs of large-scale bioenergy technologies in competitive electricity markets," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(14), pages 1405-1425.
- Zhou, Shan & Solomon, Barry D., 2021. "The interplay between renewable portfolio standards and voluntary green power markets in the United States," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 720-729.
- Xiangsheng Dou, 2017. "Low Carbon Technology Innovation, Carbon Emissions Trading and Relevant Policy Support for China’s Low Carbon Economy Development," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 7(2), pages 172-184.
- Shakeel, Shah Rukh & Takala, Josu & Zhu, Lian-Dong, 2017. "Commercialization of renewable energy technologies: A ladder building approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 855-867.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gossling, Stefan & Kunkel, Timo & Schumacher, Kim & Heck, Nadine & Birkemeyer, Johannes & Froese, Jens & Naber, Nils & Schliermann, Elke, 2005. "A target group-specific approach to "green" power retailing: students as consumers of renewable energy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 69-83, February.
- Glenn Furton & Adam Martin, 2019. "Beyond market failure and government failure," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 178(1), pages 197-216, January.
- Hartmann, Patrick & Apaolaza Ibanez, Vanessa, 2007. "Managing customer loyalty in liberalized residential energy markets: The impact of energy branding," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2661-2672, April.
- J.A. den Hertog, 2010. "Review of economic theories of regulation," Working Papers 10-18, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Marco FRIGERIO & Daniela VANDONE, 2018. "Virtuous or Vicious? Development Banks in Europe," Departmental Working Papers 2018-07, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Banterle, Alessandro & Stranieri, Stefanella, 2008. "The consequences of voluntary traceability system for supply chain relationships. An application of transaction cost economics," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 560-569, December.
- Gaeta, Davide & Begalli, Diego & Corsinovi, Paola, 2012. "The alignment of European Law in pre-candidate countries: the case of Bosnia and Herzegovina wine law," 126th Seminar, June 27-29, 2012, Capri, Italy 126100, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Boyer, Robert, 1992. "La crise de la macroéconomie, une conséquence de la méconnaissance des institutions?," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 68(1), pages 43-68, mars et j.
- Holmberg, Pär & Newbery, David & Ralph, Daniel, 2013.
"Supply function equilibria: Step functions and continuous representations,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 148(4), pages 1509-1551.
- Pär Holmberg & David Newbery & Daniel Ralph, 2008. "Supply Function Equilibria: Step functions and continuous representations," Working Papers EPRG 0829, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Holmberg, P. & Newbery, D & Ralph, D., 2008. "Supply Function Equilibria: Step Functions and Continuous Representations," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0863, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Holmberg, Pär & Newbery, David & Ralph, Daniel, 2009. "Supply Function Equilibria: Step Functions and Continuous Representations," Working Paper Series 788, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Parker, David, 2001. "Economic Regulation: A Preliminary Literature Review and Summary of Research Questions Arising," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30616, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Yochanan Shachmurove, 2012. "Failing Institutions Are at the Core of the U.S. Financial Crisis," PIER Working Paper Archive 12-040, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Gillenwater, Michael, 2008. "Redefining RECs--Part 1: Untangling attributes and offsets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 2109-2119, June.
- D'Ecclesia, Rita Laura & Gallo, Crescenzio, 2002. "Price-caps and Efficient Pricing for the Electricity Italian Market," MPRA Paper 10048, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp & Sunil Sharma, 2010. "A framework for financial market development," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 107-135.
- Ventosa, Mariano & Baillo, Alvaro & Ramos, Andres & Rivier, Michel, 2005. "Electricity market modeling trends," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 897-913, May.
- Brodrechtova, Yvonne, 2008. "Determinants of export marketing strategies of forest products companies in the context of transition -- The case of Slovakia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(7-8), pages 450-459, October.
- Adu-Gyamfi Poku & Regina Birner & Saurabh Gupta, 2018. "Why do maize farmers in Ghana have a limited choice of improved seed varieties? An assessment of the governance challenges in seed supply," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 10(1), pages 27-46, February.
- Nasreen Nawaz, 2021. "Efficiency on the dynamic adjustment path in a financial market," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 45(1), pages 49-74, January.
- Jonathan Wareham & Paul B. Fox & Josep Lluís Cano Giner, 2014. "Technology Ecosystem Governance," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(4), pages 1195-1215, August.
- Richard J. Mccann, 1996. "Environmental Commodities Markets: ‘Messy’ Versus ‘Ideal’ Worlds," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(3), pages 85-97, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:4:y:2000:i:2:p:177-212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.