Understanding the political economy and key drivers of energy access in addressing national energy access priorities and policies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- ., 2005. "Three Dimensions of Internationalization," Chapters,in: Managing the Embedded Multinational, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Moe, Espen, 2010. "Energy, industry and politics: Energy, vested interests, and long-term economic growth and development," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 1730-1740.
- Bhide, Anjali & Monroy, Carlos Rodríguez, 2011. "Energy poverty: A special focus on energy poverty in India and renewable energy technologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 1057-1066, February.
- ., 2005. "Subsidiary Power in the Embedded Multinational," Chapters,in: Managing the Embedded Multinational, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ettore Damiano & Hao Li, 2007. "Price discrimination and efficient matching," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 30(2), pages 243-263, February.
- Wamukonya, Njeri, 2003. "Power sector reform in developing countries: mismatched agendas," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 1273-1289, September.
- ., 2005. "The Embedded Multinational – An Epilogue," Chapters,in: Managing the Embedded Multinational, chapter 13 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lin, Boqiang & Jiang, Zhujun, 2011. "Estimates of energy subsidies in China and impact of energy subsidy reform," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 273-283, March.
- Chris Trimble & Nobuo Yoshida & Mohammad Saqib, 2011. "Rethinking Electricity Tariffs and Subsidies in Pakistan," World Bank Other Operational Studies 19456, The World Bank.
- ., 2012. "Electric Power," Chapters,in: Regulatory Reform of Public Utilities, chapter 3, pages 49-64 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- ., 2005. "National Budgets and the EU Budget," Chapters,in: Fiscal Policy in Economic and Monetary Union, chapter 12 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Büscher, Bram, 2009. "Connecting political economies of energy in South Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3951-3958, October.
- Shukla, Umesh Kumar & Thampy, Ashok, 2011. "Analysis of competition and market power in the wholesale electricity market in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2699-2710, May.
- Pohekar, S.D. & Kumar, Dinesh & Ramachandran, M., 2005. "Dissemination of cooking energy alternatives in India--a review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 379-393, August.
- Srivastava, Leena & Rehman, I.H., 2006. "Energy for sustainable development in India: Linkages and strategic direction," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 643-654, March.
- Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis & Ramaswami, Bharat & Wadhwa, Wilima, 2005. "Reducing subsidies on household fuels in India: how will it affect the poor?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(18), pages 2326-2336, December.
- Balachandra, P., 2011. "Dynamics of rural energy access in India: An assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 5556-5567.
- Li, Binsheng & Dorian, James P, 1995. "Change in China's power sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 619-626, July.
- Alexandra Niez, 2010. "Comparative Study on Rural Electrification Policies in Emerging Economies: Keys to successful policies," IEA Energy Papers 2010/3, OECD Publishing.
- Jain, Varinder, 2006. "Political Economy of Electricity Subsidy: Evidence from Punjab," MPRA Paper 240, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oda, Hisaya & Tsujita, Yuko, 2011. "The determinants of rural electrification: The case of Bihar, India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3086-3095, June.
- Christiaensen, Luc & Scott, Christopher & Wodon, Quentin, 2002. "Development Targets and Costs," MPRA Paper 12299, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shrimali, Gireesh & Slaski, Xander & Thurber, Mark C. & Zerriffi, Hisham, 2011. "Improved stoves in India: A study of sustainable business models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7543-7556.
- Pachauri, Shonali & Spreng, Daniel, 2011. "Measuring and monitoring energy poverty," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7497-7504.
- Thavasi, V. & Ramakrishna, S., 2009. "Asia energy mixes from socio-economic and environmental perspectives," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4240-4250, November.
- Li, Yuming & Zhong, Maosen, 2005. "Consumption habit and international stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 579-601, March.
- Wuyuan Peng & Jiahua Pan, 2006. "Rural Electrification in China: History and Institution," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 14(1), pages 71-84.
- Zhang, Lixiao & Yang, Zhifeng & Chen, Bin & Chen, Guoqian, 2009. "Rural energy in China: Pattern and policy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2813-2823.
- Rehman, Ibrahim Hafeezur & Malhotra, Preeti & Pal, Ram Chandra & Singh, Phool Badan, 2005. "Availability of kerosene to rural households: a case study from India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(17), pages 2165-2174, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rozita Singh & Xiao Wang & Juan Carlos Mendoza & Emmanuel Kofi Ackom, 2015. "Electricity (in)accessibility to the urban poor in developing countries," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 339-353, July.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:55-69 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aglina, Moses Kwame & Agbejule, Adebayo & Nyamuame, Godwin Yao, 2016. "Policy framework on energy access and key development indicators: ECOWAS interventions and the case of Ghana," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 332-342.
- Punia Sindhu, Sonal & Nehra, Vijay & Luthra, Sunil, 2016. "Recognition and prioritization of challenges in growth of solar energy using analytical hierarchy process: Indian outlook," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 332-348.
- Chirambo, Dumisani, 2016. "Addressing the renewable energy financing gap in Africa to promote universal energy access: Integrated renewable energy financing in Malawi," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 793-803.
- Banerjee, Manjushree & Prasad, Rakesh & Rehman, Ibrahim H & Gill, Bigsna, 2016. "Induction stoves as an option for clean cooking in rural India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 159-167.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:109:y:2017:i:c:p:817-824 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raha, Debadayita & Mahanta, Pinakeswar & Clarke, Michèle L., 2014. "The implementation of decentralised biogas plants in Assam, NE India: The impact and effectiveness of the National Biogas and Manure Management Programme," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 80-91.
- Sutar, Kailasnath B. & Kohli, Sangeeta & Ravi, M.R. & Ray, Anjan, 2015. "Biomass cookstoves: A review of technical aspects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1128-1166.
- Comello, Stephen D. & Reichelstein, Stefan J. & Sahoo, Anshuman & Schmidt, Tobias S., 2017. "Enabling Mini-Grid Development in Rural India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 94-107.
- Sindhu, Sonal & Nehra, Vijay & Luthra, Sunil, 2016. "Identification and analysis of barriers in implementation of solar energy in Indian rural sector using integrated ISM and fuzzy MICMAC approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 70-88.
- Veldhuis, A.J. & Reinders, A.H.M.E., 2013. "Reviewing the potential and cost-effectiveness of grid-connected solar PV in Indonesia on a provincial level," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 315-324.
- Palit, Debajit & Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Cooper, Christopher & Zoppo, David & Eidsness, Jay & Crafton, Meredith & Johnson, Katie & Clarke, Shannon, 2013. "The trials and tribulations of the Village Energy Security Programme (VESP) in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 407-417.
More about this item
KeywordsDeveloping countries; Political economy; Energy access;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:47:y:2012:i:s1:p:27-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.