Carbon market risks and rewards: Firm perceptions of CDM investment decisions in Brazil and India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Springer, Urs, 2003. "International diversification of investments in climate change mitigation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 181-193, August.
- Bürer, Mary Jean & Wüstenhagen, Rolf, 2009. "Which renewable energy policy is a venture capitalist's best friend? Empirical evidence from a survey of international cleantech investors," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 4997-5006, December.
- Zhao, Xingshu & Michaelowa, Axel, 2006. "CDM potential for rural transition in China case study: Options in Yinzhou district, Zhejiang province," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(14), pages 1867-1882, September.
- Lynne, Gary D. & Franklin Casey, C. & Hodges, Alan & Rahmani, Mohammed, 1995. "Conservation technology adoption decisions and the theory of planned behavior," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 581-598, December.
- Susan Subak, 2003. "Replacing carbon lost from forests: an assessment of insurance, reserves, and expiring credits," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(2), pages 107-122, June.
- Emilio La Rovere & Branca Americano, 2002. "Domestic actions contributing to the mitigation of GHG emissions from power generation in Brazil," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2-3), pages 247-254.
- Wustenhagen, Rolf & Wolsink, Maarten & Burer, Mary Jean, 2007. "Social acceptance of renewable energy innovation: An introduction to the concept," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2683-2691, May.
- Matsuhashi, Ryuji & Fujisawa, Sei & Mitamura, Wataru & Momobayashi, Yutaka & Yoshida, Yoshikuni, 2004. "Clean development mechanism projects and portfolio risks," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1579-1588.
- Sandrine Mathy & Jean-Charles Hourcade & Christophe de Gouvello, 2001.
"Clean development mechanism: leverage for development?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 251-268, June.
- Sandrine Mathy & Jean Charles Hourcade & Christophe De Gouvello, 2001. "Clean development mechanism: leverage for development?," Post-Print halshs-01285635, HAL.
- S. Mathy & Jean Charles Hourcade & C. De Gouvello, 2001. "Clean development mechanism: Leverage for development?," Post-Print hal-00719267, HAL.
- Krey, Matthias, 2005. "Transaction costs of unilateral CDM projects in India-results from an empirical survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(18), pages 2385-2397, December.
- Christoph Böhringer & Ger Klaassen & Ulf Moslener, 2007. "Technology transfer and investment risk in international emissions trading," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(6), pages 467-469, November.
- Laurikka, Harri & Koljonen, Tiina, 2006. "Emissions trading and investment decisions in the power sector--a case study in Finland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1063-1074, June.
- Katherine Begg & Dan Van der Horst, 2004. "Preserving Environmental Integrity in standardised baselines: The role of additionality and uncertainty," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 181-200, June.
- Bode, Sven & Michaelowa, Axel, 2003. "Avoiding perverse effects of baseline and investment additionality determination in the case of renewable energy projects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 505-517, May.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2005.
"Project-based mechanisms for emissions reductions: balancing trade-offs with baselines,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(14), pages 1807-1823, September.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2004. "Project-Based Mechanisms for Emissions Reductions: Balancing Trade-offs with Baselines," Discussion Papers dp-04-32, Resources For the Future.
- Garud, Raghu & Karnoe, Peter, 2003. "Bricolage versus breakthrough: distributed and embedded agency in technology entrepreneurship," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 277-300, February.
- Khalil, Helioui & Cohen, Claude & Salem Szklo, Alexandre, 2006. "How to use the clean development mechanism in the residential sector? The case of Brazilian refrigerators," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(15), pages 2150-2160, October.
- Schroeder, Miriam, 2009. "Utilizing the clean development mechanism for the deployment of renewable energies in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 237-242, February.
- Emhjellen, Kjetil & Emhjellen, Magne & Osmundsen, Petter, 2002. "Investment cost estimates and investment decisions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 91-96, January.
- Frank Jotzo & Axel Michaelowa, 2002. "Estimating the CDM market under the Marrakech Accords," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2-3), pages 179-196.
- Michaelowa, Axel & Jotzo, Frank, 2005. "Transaction costs, institutional rigidities and the size of the clean development mechanism," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 511-523, March.
- Almeida, Mauro Araujo & Schaeffer, Roberto & La Rovere, Emilio Lèbre, 2001. "The potential for electricity conservation and peak load reduction in the residential sector of Brazil," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 413-429.
- Robert Oleschak & Urs Springer, 2007. "Measuring host country risk in CDM and JI projects: a composite indicator," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(6), pages 470-487, November.
- Stephen Bernow & Sivan Kartha & Michael Lazarus & Tom Page, 2001. "Cleaner generation, free-riders, and environmental integrity: clean development mechanism and the power sector," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 229-249, June.
- Ellis, Jane & Winkler, Harald & Corfee-Morlot, Jan & Gagnon-Lebrun, Frederic, 2007. "CDM: Taking stock and looking forward," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 15-28, January.
- Adam G. Bumpus & Diana M. Liverman, 2008. "Accumulation by Decarbonization and the Governance of Carbon Offsets," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 84(2), pages 127-155, April.
- H. Khalil & C. Cohen & As Szklo, 2006. "How to use the clean development mechanism in the residential sector? The case of Brazilian refrigerators," Post-Print hal-00715572, HAL.
- Irja Vormedal, 2008. "The Influence of Business and Industry NGOs in the Negotiation of the Kyoto Mechanisms: the Case of Carbon Capture and Storage in the CDM," Global Environmental Politics, MIT Press, vol. 8(4), pages 36-65, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Phillips, Jon & Newell, Peter, 2013. "The governance of clean energy in India: The clean development mechanism (CDM) and domestic energy politics," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 654-662.
- Trotter, Ian Michael & da Cunha, Dênis Antônio & Féres, José Gustavo, 2015. "The relationships between CDM project characteristics and CER market prices," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 158-167.
- Kang, Moon Jung & Park, Jihyoun, 2013. "Analysis of the partnership network in the clean development mechanism," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 543-553.
- Uddin, Noim & Blommerde, Mascha & Taplin, Ros & Laurence, David, 2015. "Sustainable development outcomes of coal mine methane clean development mechanism Projects in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 1-9.
- Purdon, Mark, 2015. "Opening the Black Box of Carbon Finance “Additionality”: The Political Economy of Carbon Finance Effectiveness across Tanzania, Uganda, and Moldova," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 462-478.
- Zhang, Zhaoguo & Jin, Xiaocui & Yang, Qingxiang & Zhang, Yi, 2013. "An empirical study on the institutional factors of energy conservation and emissions reduction: Evidence from listed companies in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 36-42.
- Gosens, Jorrit & Lu, Yonglong, 2013. "From lagging to leading? Technological innovation systems in emerging economies and the case of Chinese wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 234-250.
- repec:kap:enreec:v:68:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10640-016-0025-3 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsClean development mechanism; Climate policy; Carbon markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:40:y:2012:i:c:p:90-102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.