Accounting for behavioral effects of increases in the carbon dioxide (CO2) tax in revenue estimation in Sweden
In this paper we describe how behavioral responses of carbon dioxide (CO2) tax increases are accounted for in tax revenue estimation in Sweden. The rationale for developing a method for this is a mix between that a CO2 tax is a primary climate policy tool aiming to reduce CO2 emissions and that the CO2 tax generates sizable tax revenues.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel J. Graham & Stephen Glaister, 2002. "The Demand for Automobile Fuel: A Survey of Elasticities," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 36(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Brännlund, Runar & Lundgren, Tommy & Marklund, Per-Olov, 2011. "Environmental Performance and Climate Policy," CERE Working Papers 2011:6, CERE - the Center for Environmental and Resource Economics.
- Martin S. Feldstein, 2008. "Effects of Taxes on Economic Behavior," NBER Working Papers 13745, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brännlund, Runar & Lundgren, Tommy, 2001.
"A Dynamic Analysis of Interfuel Substitution for Swedish Heating Plants,"
Umeå Economic Studies
550, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Brannlund, Runar & Lundgren, Tommy, 2004. "A dynamic analysis of interfuel substitution for Swedish heating plants," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 961-976, November.
- Sterner, Thomas, 2007. "Fuel taxes: An important instrument for climate policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3194-3202, June.
- Feldstein, Martin, 2008. "Effects of Taxes on Economic Behavior," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 61(1), pages 131-39, March.
- Brännlund, Runar & Lundgren, Tommy & Marklund, Per-Olov, 2011. "Environmental performance and climate policy," Sustainable Investment and Corporate Governance Working Papers 2011/1, Sustainable Investment Research Platform.
- Söderholm, Patrik & Wårell, Linda, 2011. "Market opening and third party access in district heating networks," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 742-752, February.
- Feldstein, Martin, 2008. "Effects of Taxes on Economic Behavior," Scholarly Articles 2943922, Harvard University Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:39:y:2011:i:10:p:6672-6676. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.