Testing viability of cross subsidy using time-variant price elasticities of industrial demand for electricity: Indian experience
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bose, Ranjan Kumar & Shukla, Megha, 1999. "Elasticities of electricity demand in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 137-146, March.
- Barnett, A. H. & Reutter, Keith & Thompson, Henry, 1998. "Electricity substitution: some local industrial evidence," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 411-419, September.
- Bradley, Michael D & Colvin, Jeff & Panzar, John C, 1999. "On Setting Prices and Testing Cross-Subsidy with Accounting Data," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 83-100, July.
- Beenstock, Michael & Goldin, Ephraim & Nabot, Dan, 1999. "The demand for electricity in Israel," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 168-183, April.
- Faulhaber, Gerald R, 1975. "Cross-Subsidization: Pricing in Public Enterprises," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(5), pages 966-977, December.
- Filippini, Massimo, 1995. "Swiss residential demand for electricity by time-of-use," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 281-290, November.
- Chattopadhyay, Pradip, 2004. "Cross-subsidy in electricity tariffs: evidence from India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 673-684, March.
- Henley, Andrew & Peirson, John, 1998. "Residential energy demand and the interaction of price and temperature: British experimental evidence," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 157-171, April.
- Jamasb, T., 2002. "Reform and Regulation of the Electricity Sectors in Developing Countries," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0226, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Baumol, W. J., 2001. "Economically defensible access pricing, competition and preservation of socially desirable cross subsidy," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 151-159.
- Das, Pinaki & Srinivasan, P. V., 1999. "Demand for telephone usage in India," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 177-194, July.
- Bjorner, Thomas Bue & Togeby, Mikael & Jensen, Henrik Holm, 2001. "Industrial companies' demand for electricity: evidence from a micropanel," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 595-617, September.
- Silk, Julian I. & Joutz, Frederick L., 1997. "Short and long-run elasticities in US residential electricity demand: a co-integration approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 493-513, October.
- D. A. Heald, 1997. "Public policy towards cross subsidy," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(4), pages 591-623, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lin, Boqiang & Jiang, Zhujun, 2011. "Estimates of energy subsidies in China and impact of energy subsidy reform," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 273-283, March.
- Srinivasan, Sunderasan, 2009. "Subsidy policy and the enlargement of choice," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(9), pages 2728-2733, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:35:y:2007:i:1:p:487-496. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .