Is China's electricity price cross-subsidy policy reasonable? Comparative analysis of eastern, central, and western regions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fan Li & Wenche Wang & Zelong Yi, 2018. "Cross-Subsidies and Government Transfers: Impacts on Electricity Service Quality in Colombia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-15, May.
- Burke, Paul J. & Kurniawati, Sandra, 2018.
"Electricity subsidy reform in Indonesia: Demand-side effects on electricity use,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 410-421.
- Paul J Burke & Sandra Kurniawati, 2018. "Electricity subsidy reform in Indonesia: Demand-side effects on electricity use," Departmental Working Papers 2018-01, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Bhattacharyya, Ranajoy & Ganguly, Amrita, 2017. "Cross subsidy removal in electricity pricing in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 181-190.
- Edgar F.A. Cooke & Sarah Hague & Luca Tiberti & John Cockburn & Abdel-Rahmen El Lahga, 2016.
"Estimating the impact on poverty of Ghana’s fuel subsidy reform and a mitigating response,"
Journal of Development Effectiveness, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 105-128, March.
- Hague, Sarah & Cooke, Edgar & Cockburn, John & El Lahga, AbdelRahmen & Tiberti, Luca, 2014. "Estimating the impact on poverty of Ghana’s fuel subsidy reform and a mitigating response," PEP Working Papers 164187, Partnership for Economic Policy (PEP).
- Edgar F.A. Cooke & Sarah Hague & John Cockburn & Abdel-Rahmen El Lahga & Luca Tiberti, 2014. "Estimating the impact on poverty of Ghana’s fuel subsidy reform and a mitigating response," Working Papers MPIA 2014-02, PEP-MPIA.
- Lin, Boqiang & Jiang, Zhujun, 2011. "Estimates of energy subsidies in China and impact of energy subsidy reform," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 273-283, March.
- Liu, Wei & Li, Hong, 2011. "Improving energy consumption structure: A comprehensive assessment of fossil energy subsidies reform in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4134-4143, July.
- Acharya, Rajesh H. & Sadath, Anver C., 2017. "Implications of energy subsidy reform in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 453-462.
- Jiang, Zhujun & Ouyang, Xiaoling & Huang, Guangxiao, 2015. "The distributional impacts of removing energy subsidies in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 111-122.
- Dennis, Allen, 2016. "Household welfare implications of fossil fuel subsidy reforms in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 597-606.
- Chattopadhyay, Pradip, 2007. "Testing viability of cross subsidy using time-variant price elasticities of industrial demand for electricity: Indian experience," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 487-496, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jing Wu & Zhongfu Tan & Keke Wang & Yi Liang & Jinghan Zhou, 2021. "Research on Multi-Objective Optimization Model for Hybrid Energy System Considering Combination of Wind Power and Energy Storage," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(6), pages 1-15, March.
- Sun, Jingqi & Ruze, Nuermaimaiti & Zhang, Jianjun & Shi, Jing & Shen, Boyang, 2021. "Capacity planning and optimization for integrated energy system in industrial park considering environmental externalities," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 56-65.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Korrakot Phomsoda & Nattapong Puttanapong & Mongkut Piantanakulchai, 2021. "Economic Impacts of Thailand’s Biofuel Subsidy Reallocation Using a Dynamic Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) Model," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 14(8), pages 1-21, April.
- Djoni Hartono & Ahmad Komarulzaman & Tony Irawan & Anda Nugroho, 2020. "Phasing out Energy Subsidies to Improve Energy Mix: A Dead End," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(9), pages 1-15, May.
- Safarzadeh, Soroush & Rasti-Barzoki, Morteza & Hejazi, Seyed Reza, 2020. "A review of optimal energy policy instruments on industrial energy efficiency programs, rebound effects, and government policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 139(C).
- Bah, Muhammad Maladoh & Saari, M. Yusof, 2020. "Quantifying the impacts of energy price reform on living expenses in Saudi Arabia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 139(C).
- Lin, Boqiang & Xu, Mengmeng, 2019. "Good subsidies or bad subsidies? Evidence from low-carbon transition in China's metallurgical industry," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 52-60.
- Liu, Chang & Lin, Boqiang, 2018. "Analysis of the changes in the scale of natural gas subsidy in China and its decomposition factors," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 37-44.
- José M. Labeaga & Xavier Labandeira & Xiral López-Otero, 2018. "Energy Tax Reform and Poverty Alleviation in Mexico," Working Papers 1801, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Bhuvandas, Dhanyashree & Gundimeda, Haripriya, 2020. "Welfare impacts of transport fuel price changes on Indian households: An application of LA-AIDS model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 144(C).
- Maboshe, Mashekwa & Kabechani, Akabondo & Chelwa, Grieve, 2019. "The welfare effects of unprecedented electricity price hikes in Zambia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 108-117.
- Lin, Boqiang & Kuang, Yunming, 2020. "Household heterogeneity impact of removing energy subsidies in China: Direct and indirect effect," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C).
- Wang, Yanxiang & Ali Almazrooei, Shaikha & Kapsalyamova, Zhanna & Diabat, Ali & Tsai, I-Tsung, 2016. "Utility subsidy reform in Abu Dhabi: A review and a Computable General Equilibrium analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 1352-1362.
- Saeed Solaymani, 2016. "Impacts of energy subsidy reform on poverty and income inequality in Malaysia," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 50(6), pages 2707-2723, November.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wang, Yao, 2020. "Analyzing the elasticity and subsidy to reform the residential electricity tariffs in China," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 189-206.
- Husaini, Dzul Hadzwan & Puah, Chin-Hong & Lean, Hooi Hooi, 2019. "Energy subsidy and oil price fluctuation, and price behavior in Malaysia:A time series analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 171(C), pages 1000-1008.
- Sun, Dingqiang & Bai, Junfei & Qiu, Huanguang & Cai, Yaqing, 2014. "Impact of government subsidies on household biogas use in rural China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 748-756.
- Guo, Zhengquan & Zhang, Xingping & Zheng, Yuhua & Rao, Rao, 2014. "Exploring the impacts of a carbon tax on the Chinese economy using a CGE model with a detailed disaggregation of energy sectors," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 455-462.
- Стародубцева А. Е., 2020. "Перекрестное Субсидирование Как Мера Социальной Поддержки Населения: Международный Опыт Государственного Управления На Рынке Электроэнергии И Мощности," Вопросы государственного и муниципального управления // Public administration issues, НИУ ВШЭ, issue 2, pages 114-144.
- Hong, Li & Liang, Dong & Di, Wang, 2013. "Economic and environmental gains of China's fossil energy subsidies reform: A rebound effect case study with EIMO model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 335-342.
- Khalid, Syed Adnan & Salman, Verda, 2020. "“Welfare impact of electricity subsidy reforms in Pakistan: A micro model study”," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C).
- H. Xavier Jara & Marcelo Varela & Po Chun Lee & Lourdes Montesdeoca, 2018. "Fuel subsidies and income redistribution in Ecuador," WIDER Working Paper Series 144, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity price policy; Cross subsidy; Regional comparison analysis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:138:y:2020:i:c:s0301421520300124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.