Nexus of energy use, agricultural production, employment and incomes among rural households in Uttar Pradesh, India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Marilyn A., 2001. "Market failures and barriers as a basis for clean energy policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(14), pages 1197-1207, November.
- Frondel, Manuel & Ritter, Nolan & Schmidt, Christoph M. & Vance, Colin, 2010.
"Economic impacts from the promotion of renewable energy technologies: The German experience,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4048-4056, August.
- Frondel, Manuel & Ritter, Nolan & Schmidt, Christoph M. & Vance, Colin, 2009. "Economic Impacts from the Promotion of Renewable Energy Technologies - The German Experience," Ruhr Economic Papers 156, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Thapar, Sapan & Sharma, Seema & Verma, Ashu, 2016. "Economic and environmental effectiveness of renewable energy policy instruments: Best practices from India," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 487-498.
- Padilla, Emilio & Serrano, Alfredo, 2006.
"Inequality in CO2 emissions across countries and its relationship with income inequality: A distributive approach,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(14), pages 1762-1772, September.
- Emilio Padilla & Alfredo Serrano, 2005. "Inequality in CO2 emissions across countries and its relationship with income inequality: a distributive approach," Working Papers wpdea0503, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Gebreegziabher, Zenebe & Mekonnen, Alemu & Ferede, Tadele & Guta, Fantu & Levin, Jörgen & Köhlin, Gunnar & Alemu, Tekie & Bohlin, Lars, 2013. "The Distributive Effect and Food Security Implications of Biofuels Investment in Ethiopia: A CGE Analysis," Discussion Papers dp-13-02-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Isaac, Morna & van Vuuren, Detlef P., 2009. "Modeling global residential sector energy demand for heating and air conditioning in the context of climate change," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 507-521, February.
- Chen, Le & Heerink, Nico & van den Berg, Marrit, 2006. "Energy consumption in rural China: A household model for three villages in Jiangxi Province," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 407-420, June.
- del Río, Pablo & Burguillo, Mercedes, 2009. "An empirical analysis of the impact of renewable energy deployment on local sustainability," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(6-7), pages 1314-1325, August.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2008. "Valuing the greenhouse gas emissions from nuclear power: A critical survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2940-2953, August.
- Hiremath, Rahul B. & Kumar, Bimlesh & Balachandra, P. & Ravindranath, N.H., 2010. "Bottom-up approach for decentralised energy planning: Case study of Tumkur district in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 862-874, February.
- Diaz-Rainey, Ivan & Ashton, John K., 2015. "Investment inefficiency and the adoption of eco-innovations: The case of household energy efficiency technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 105-117.
- Djanibekov, Nodir & Djanibekov, Utkur & Sommer, Rolf & Petrick, Martin, 2015. "Cooperative agricultural production to exploit individual heterogeneity under a delivery target: The case of cotton in Uzbekistan," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 1-13.
- Hunt Allcott & Michael Greenstone, 2012. "Is There an Energy Efficiency Gap?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 3-28, Winter.
- Bryngelsson, David K. & Lindgren, Kristian, 2013. "Why large-scale bioenergy production on marginal land is unfeasible: A conceptual partial equilibrium analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 454-466.
- Jebaraj, S. & Iniyan, S., 2006. "A review of energy models," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 281-311, August.
- Ruben, Ruerd & Pender, John, 2004. "Rural diversity and heterogeneity in less-favoured areas: the quest for policy targeting," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 303-320, August.
- Longhi, Simonetta, 2015. "Residential energy expenditures and the relevance of changes in household circumstances," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 440-450.
- Scheurlen, Elena, 2015. "Time allocation to energy resource collection in rural Ethiopia: Gender-disaggregated household responses to changes in firewood availability:," IFPRI discussion papers 1419, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Guta, Dawit Diriba, 2014. "Effect of fuelwood scarcity and socio-economic factors on household bio-based energy use and energy substitution in rural Ethiopia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 217-227.
- Wang, Changbo & Zhang, Yaoqi & Zhang, Lixiao & Pang, Mingyue, 2016. "Alternative policies to subsidize rural household biogas digesters," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 187-195.
- Djanibekov, Utkur & Villamor, Grace B., 2017. "Market-based instruments for risk-averse farmers: rubber agroforest conservation in Jambi Province, Indonesia," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(2), pages 133-155, April.
- Arndt, Channing & Benfica, Rui & Thurlow, James, 2011.
"Gender Implications of Biofuels Expansion in Africa: The Case of Mozambique,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1649-1662, September.
- Arndt, Channing & Benfica, Rui M.S. & Thurlow, James, 2012. "Gender Implications of Biofuels Expansion in Africa: The Case of Mozambique," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125395, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Chuma, Hiroyuki & Hayami, Yujiro, 1992. "Land and Labor Contracts in Agrarian Economies: Theories and Facts," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(4), pages 1965-2018, December.
- Alisher Mirzabaev & Dawit Guta & Jann Goedecke & Varun Gaur & Jan Börner & Detlef Virchow & Manfred Denich & Joachim von Braun, 2015. "Bioenergy, food security and poverty reduction: trade-offs and synergies along the water-energy-food security nexus," Water International, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(5-6), pages 772-790, September.
- Howells, M. I. & Alfstad, T. & Victor, D. G. & Goldstein, G. & Remme, U., 2005. "A model of household energy services in a low-income rural African village," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(14), pages 1833-1851, September.
- Zhao, Tingting & Bell, Lindsey & Horner, Mark W. & Sulik, John & Zhang, Jinfeng, 2012. "Consumer responses towards home energy financial incentives: A survey-based study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 291-297.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Niu, Shuwen & Li, Zhen & Qiu, Xin & Dai, Runqi & Wang, Xiang & Qiang, Wenli & Hong, Zhenguo, 2019. "Measurement of effective energy consumption in China's rural household sector and policy implication," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 553-564.
- Brinkman, Marnix L.J. & Wicke, Birka & Faaij, André P.C. & van der Hilst, Floor, 2019. "Projecting socio-economic impacts of bioenergy: Current status and limitations of ex-ante quantification methods," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 115(C).
- Villamor, Grace B. & Guta, Dawit & Djanibekov, Utkur & Mirzabaev, Alisher, 2018. "Gender specific perspectives among smallholder farm households on water-energy-food security nexus issues in Ethiopia," Discussion Papers 273120, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
More about this item
KeywordsBioenergy; Heterogeneity; Rural interdependencies; Rural inequality; Agricultural household model; Dynamic programming;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:113:y:2018:i:c:p:439-453. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.