Delaying the introduction of emissions trading systems—Implications for power plant investment and operation from a multi-stage decision model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Jian-Lei Mo & Joachim Schleich & Lei Zhu & Ying Fan, 2015. "Delaying the introduction of emissions trading systems—Implications for power plant investment and operation from a multi-stage decision model," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-01265934, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 2001. "Valuing American Options by Simulation: A Simple Least-Squares Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(1), pages 113-147.
- Zhu, Lei & Fan, Ying, 2011. "A real options–based CCS investment evaluation model: Case study of China’s power generation sector," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 4320-4333.
- Fuss, Sabine & Szolgayova, Jana & Obersteiner, Michael & Gusti, Mykola, 2008. "Investment under market and climate policy uncertainty," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(8), pages 708-721, August.
- Kumbaroglu, Gürkan & Madlener, Reinhard & Demirel, Mustafa, 2008.
"A real options evaluation model for the diffusion prospects of new renewable power generation technologies,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1882-1908, July.
- Gürkan Kumbaroglu & Reinhard Madlener & Mustafa Demirel, 2004. "A Real Options Evaluation Model for the Diffusion Prospects of New Renewable Power Generation Technologies," CEPE Working paper series 04-35, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Walsh, D.M. & O'Sullivan, K. & Lee, W.T. & Devine, M.T., 2014.
"When to invest in carbon capture and storage technology: A mathematical model,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 219-225.
- Walsh, Darragh & O'Sullivan, Kevin & Lee, William & Devine, Mel, 2014. "When to Invest in Carbon Capture and Storage Technology: A Mathematical Model," Papers RB2014/1/4, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Davis, Graham A. & Owens, Brandon, 2003. "Optimizing the level of renewable electric R&D expenditures using real options analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(15), pages 1589-1608, December.
- Brauneis, Alexander & Mestel, Roland & Palan, Stefan, 2013.
"Inducing low-carbon investment in the electric power industry through a price floor for emissions trading,"
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 190-204.
- Alexander Brauneis & Michael Loretz & Roland Mestel & Stefan Palan, 2011. "Inducing Low-Carbon Investment in the Electric Power Industry through a Price Floor for Emissions Trading," Working Papers 2011.74, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Alexander Brauneis & Roland Mestel & Stefan Palan & Michael Loretz, 2011. "Inducing Low-Carbon Investment in the Electric Power Industry through a Price Floor for Emissions Trading," Working Paper Series, Social and Economic Sciences 2011-01, Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences, Karl-Franzens-University Graz.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4222 is not listed on IDEAS
- Avinash K. Dixit & Robert S. Pindyck, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 5474.
- Alberola, Emilie & Chevallier, Julien & Cheze, Benoi^t, 2008. "Price drivers and structural breaks in European carbon prices 2005-2007," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 787-797, February.
- Eduardo Schwartz & James E. Smith, 2000. "Short-Term Variations and Long-Term Dynamics in Commodity Prices," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(7), pages 893-911, July.
- Benz, Eva & Trück, Stefan, 2009. "Modeling the price dynamics of CO2 emission allowances," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 4-15, January.
- Yang, Ming & Blyth, William & Bradley, Richard & Bunn, Derek & Clarke, Charlie & Wilson, Tom, 2008. "Evaluating the power investment options with uncertainty in climate policy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1933-1950, July.
- Zhang, Xian & Wang, Xingwei & Chen, Jiajun & Xie, Xi & Wang, Ke & Wei, Yiming, 2014. "A novel modeling based real option approach for CCS investment evaluation under multiple uncertainties," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1059-1067.
- Jian-Lei Mo & Lei Zhu, 2014. "Using Floor Price Mechanisms to Promote Carbon Capture and Storage (Ccs) Investment and Co2 Abatement," Energy & Environment, , vol. 25(3-4), pages 687-707, April.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1999. "The Long-Run Evolutions of Energy Prices," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-27.
- Jotzo, Frank, 2013.
"Emissions trading in China: Principles, design options and lessons from international practice,"
249405, Australian National University, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy.
- Frank Jotzo, 2013. "Emissions Trading in China: Principles, Design Options and Lessons from International Practice," CCEP Working Papers 1303, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Siddiqui, Afzal S. & Marnay, Chris & Wiser, Ryan H., 2007. "Real options valuation of US federal renewable energy research, development, demonstration, and deployment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 265-279, January.
- Fleten, Stein-Erik & Näsäkkälä, Erkka, 2010. "Gas-fired power plants: Investment timing, operating flexibility and CO2 capture," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 805-816, July.
- Christian von Hirschhausen & Johannes Herold & Pao-Yu Oei, 2012. "How a "Low Carbon" Innovation Can Fail--Tales from a "Lost Decade" for Carbon Capture, Transport, and Sequestration (CCTS)," Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Abadie, Luis M. & Chamorro, José M., 2008. "European CO2 prices and carbon capture investments," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 2992-3015, November.
- Zhou, Wenji & Zhu, Bing & Fuss, Sabine & Szolgayová, Jana & Obersteiner, Michael & Fei, Weiyang, 2010. "Uncertainty modeling of CCS investment strategy in China's power sector," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(7), pages 2392-2400, July.
- Markusson, Nils & Haszeldine, Stuart, 2010. "'Capture ready' regulation of fossil fuel power plants - Betting the UK's carbon emissions on promises of future technology," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6695-6702, November.
- Blyth, William & Bradley, Richard & Bunn, Derek & Clarke, Charlie & Wilson, Tom & Yang, Ming, 2007. "Investment risks under uncertain climate change policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5766-5773, November.
- Chen, Wenying & Xu, Ruina, 2010. "Clean coal technology development in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2123-2130, May.
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 2001. "Valuing American Options by Simulation: A Simple Least-Squares Approach," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt43n1k4jb, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Fan, Ying & Mo, Jian-Lei & Zhu, Lei, 2013. "Evaluating coal bed methane investment in China based on a real options model," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 50-59.
- Davison, John, 2007. "Performance and costs of power plants with capture and storage of CO2," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1163-1176.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:energy:v:151:y:2018:i:c:p:211-225 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:70:y:2018:i:c:p:45-60 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPower plant investment; Regulatory uncertainty; Multistage decision; Operating flexibility; Real options theory; Emissions trading; CCS; China;
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- D9 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:52:y:2015:i:pb:p:255-264. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.