Managerial Flexibility in Levelized Cost Measures: A Framework for Incorporating Uncertainty in Energy Investment Decisions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bistline, John E. & Comello, Stephen D. & Sahoo, Anshuman, 2018. "Managerial flexibility in levelized cost measures: A framework for incorporating uncertainty in energy investment decisions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 211-225.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schachter, J.A. & Mancarella, P., 2016. "A critical review of Real Options thinking for valuing investment flexibility in Smart Grids and low carbon energy systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 261-271.
- Trigeorgis, Lenos, 1993. "The Nature of Option Interactions and the Valuation of Investments with Multiple Real Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 1-20, March.
- repec:eee:energy:v:127:y:2017:i:c:p:594-610 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:226-237 is not listed on IDEAS
- William P. Rogerson, 2008. "Intertemporal Cost Allocation and Investment Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 116(5), pages 931-950, October.
- Bazilian, Morgan & Onyeji, Ijeoma & Liebreich, Michael & MacGill, Ian & Chase, Jennifer & Shah, Jigar & Gielen, Dolf & Arent, Doug & Landfear, Doug & Zhengrong, Shi, 2013. "Re-considering the economics of photovoltaic power," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 329-338.
- Severin Borenstein, 2012.
"The Private and Public Economics of Renewable Electricity Generation,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 67-92, Winter.
- Severin Borenstein, 2011. "The Private and Public Economics of Renewable Electricity Generation," NBER Working Papers 17695, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:363-372 is not listed on IDEAS
- Avinash K. Dixit & Robert S. Pindyck, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 5474, September.
- Reichelstein, Stefan & Yorston, Michael, 2013. "The prospects for cost competitive solar PV power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 117-127.
- Bistline, John E., 2014. "Energy technology expert elicitations: An application to natural gas turbine efficiencies," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 177-187.
- Charitopoulos, Vassilis M. & Dua, Vivek, 2017. "A unified framework for model-based multi-objective linear process and energy optimisation under uncertainty," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 186(P3), pages 539-548.
- Mo, Jian-Lei & Schleich, Joachim & Zhu, Lei & Fan, Ying, 2015.
"Delaying the introduction of emissions trading systems—Implications for power plant investment and operation from a multi-stage decision model,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 255-264.
- Jian-Lei Mo & Joachim Schleich & Lei Zhu & Ying Fan, 2015. "Delaying the introduction of emissions trading systems—Implications for power plant investment and operation from a multi-stage decision model," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-01265934, HAL.
- Kettunen, Janne & Grushka-Cockayne, Yael & Degraeve, Zeger & De Reyck, Bert, 2015. "New product development flexibility in a competitive environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 244(3), pages 892-904.
- Bistline, John E., 2015. "Electric sector capacity planning under uncertainty: Climate policy and natural gas in the US," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 236-251.
- Branker, K. & Pathak, M.J.M. & Pearce, J.M., 2011.
"A review of solar photovoltaic levelized cost of electricity,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,
Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4470-4482.
- K. Branker & M. J. M. Pathak & J.M. Pearce, 2011. "A review of solar photovoltaic levelized cost of electricity," Post-Print hal-02120492, HAL.
- Jian-Lei Mo & Joachim Schleich & Lei Zhu & Ying Fan, 2015. "Delaying the introduction of emissions trading systems—Implications for power plant investment and operation from a multi-stage decision model," Post-Print hal-01265934, HAL.
- Geissmann, Thomas, 2017. "A probabilistic approach to the computation of the levelized cost of electricity," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 372-381.
- Comello, Stephen & Reichelstein, Stefan, 2014. "Incentives for early adoption of carbon capture technology," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 579-588.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2018-06-25 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2018-06-25 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2018-06-25 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:stabus:repec:ecl:stabus:3494. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/gsstaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.