Defer option valuation and optimal investment timing of solar photovoltaic projects under different electricity market systems and support schemes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 2001. "Valuing American Options by Simulation: A Simple Least-Squares Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(1), pages 113-147.
- Dangl, Thomas, 1999. "Investment and capacity choice under uncertain demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 415-428, September.
- Avinash K. Dixit & Robert S. Pindyck, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 5474.
- Wong, Kit Pong, 2007. "The effect of uncertainty on investment timing in a real options model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 2152-2167, July.
- Brennan, Michael J & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1985. "Evaluating Natural Resource Investments," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(2), pages 135-157, April.
- Zhao, Zhen-yu & Zhang, Shuang-Ying & Hubbard, Bryan & Yao, Xue, 2013. "The emergence of the solar photovoltaic power industry in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 229-236.
- Martínez Ceseña, E.A. & Mutale, J. & Rivas-Dávalos, F., 2013. "Real options theory applied to electricity generation projects: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 573-581.
- Gonzalo Cortazar & Eduardo S. Schwartz & Marcelo Salinas, 1998. "Evaluating Environmental Investments: A Real Options Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(8), pages 1059-1070, August.
- Fleten, S.-E. & Maribu, K.M. & Wangensteen, I., 2007.
"Optimal investment strategies in decentralized renewable power generation under uncertainty,"
Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 803-815.
- Fleten, Stein-Erik & Maribu, Karl Magnus & Wangensteen, Ivar, 2005. "Optimal investment strategies in decentralized renewable power generation under uncertainty," MPRA Paper 218, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2006.
- Robert C. Merton, 2005. "Theory of rational option pricing," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Sudipto Bhattacharya & George M Constantinides (ed.),Theory Of Valuation, chapter 8, pages 229-288, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Zeng, Yaxiong & Klabjan, Diego & Arinez, Jorge, 2015. "Distributed solar renewable generation: Option contracts with renewable energy credit uncertainty," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 295-305.
- Zhang, Mingming & Zhou, Dequn & Zhou, Peng, 2014. "A real option model for renewable energy policy evaluation with application to solar PV power generation in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 944-955.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- He, Gang & Kammen, Daniel M., 2016. "Where, when and how much solar is available? A provincial-scale solar resource assessment for China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 74-82.
- Biondi, Tommaso & Moretto, Michele, 2015.
"Solar Grid Parity dynamics in Italy: A real option approach,"
Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 293-302.
- Biondi, Tommaso & Moretto, Michele, 2013. "Solar Grid Parity Dynamics in Italy: A Real Option Approach," Energy: Resources and Markets 162564, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Tommaso Biondi & Michele Moretto, 2013. "Solar Grid Parity Dynamics in Italy: A Real Option Approach," Working Papers 2013.109, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Sesmero, Juan & Jung, Jinho & Tyner, Wallace, 2016. "The effect of current and prospective policies on photovoltaic system economics: An application to the US Midwest," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 80-95.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wesseh, Presley K., 2013. "Valuing Chinese feed-in tariffs program for solar power generation: A real options analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 474-482.
- Siddiqui, Afzal & Fleten, Stein-Erik, 2010.
"How to proceed with competing alternative energy technologies: A real options analysis,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 817-830, July.
- Siddiqui, Afzal & Fleten, Stein-Erik, 2008. "How to Proceed with Competing Alternative Energy Technologies: a Real Options Analysis," MPRA Paper 15502, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 May 2009.
- Lenos Trigeorgis, 1993. "Real Options and Interactions With Financial Flexibility," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 22(3), Fall.
- Cox, John C. & Ingersoll, Jonathan Jr. & Ross, Stephen A., 1981. "The relation between forward prices and futures prices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 321-346, December.
- Jeon, Chanwoong & Lee, Jeongjin & Shin, Juneseuk, 2015. "Optimal subsidy estimation method using system dynamics and the real option model: Photovoltaic technology case," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 33-43.
- Boomsma, Trine Krogh & Meade, Nigel & Fleten, Stein-Erik, 2012. "Renewable energy investments under different support schemes: A real options approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(1), pages 225-237.
- Haakon Vennemo & Kristin Aunan & Henrik Lindhjem & Hans Martin Seip, 2009. "Environmental Pollution in China: Status and Trends," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 3(2), pages 209-230, Summer.
- Weibel, Sebastian & Madlener, Reinhard, 2015. "Cost-Effective Design of Ringwall Storage Hybrid Power Plants: A Real Options Analysis," FCN Working Papers 17/2013, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Torani, Kiran & Rausser, Gordon & Zilberman, David, 2016. "Innovation subsidies versus consumer subsidies: A real options analysis of solar energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 255-269.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 2001. "Valuing American Options by Simulation: A Simple Least-Squares Approach," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt43n1k4jb, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paulino Martinez-Fernandez & Fernando deLlano-Paz & Anxo Calvo-Silvosa & Isabel Soares, 2019. "Assessing Renewable Energy Sources for Electricity (RES-E) Potential Using a CAPM-Analogous Multi-Stage Model," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(19), pages 1-20, September.
- Pringles, Rolando & Olsina, Fernando & Penizzotto, Franco, 2020. "Valuation of defer and relocation options in photovoltaic generation investments by a stochastic simulation-based method," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 846-864.
- Kim, Byungil & Kim, Changyoon & Han, SangUk & Bae, JuHyun & Jung, Jaehoon, 2020. "Is it a good time to develop commercial photovoltaic systems on farmland? An American-style option with crop price risk," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 125(C).
- Barbara Glensk & Reinhard Madlener, 2019.
"Energiewende @ Risk: On the Continuation of Renewable Power Generation at the End of Public Policy Support,"
Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(19), pages 1-25, September.
- Glensk, Barbara & Madlener, Reinhard, 2019. "Energiewende @ Risk: On the Continuation of Renewable Power Generation at the End of Public Policy Support," FCN Working Papers 5/2019, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN), revised 01 Nov 2019.
- Bertolini, Marina & D'Alpaos, Chiara & Moretto, Michele, 2018. "Do Smart Grids boost investments in domestic PV plants? Evidence from the Italian electricity market," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 890-902.
- Bistline, John E. & Comello, Stephen D. & Sahoo, Anshuman, 2018.
"Managerial flexibility in levelized cost measures: A framework for incorporating uncertainty in energy investment decisions,"
Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 211-225.
- Bistline, John E. & Comello, Stephen D. & Sahoo, Anshuman, 2017. "Managerial Flexibility in Levelized Cost Measures: A Framework for Incorporating Uncertainty in Energy Investment Decisions," Research Papers repec:ecl:stabus:3494, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
More about this item
KeywordsOptimal investment timing; Defer option values; Electricity marketing reform; Government support schemes; Technological progress; Solar photovoltaic project;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:127:y:2017:i:c:p:594-610. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.