Electricity capacity investment under risk aversion: A case study of coal, gas, and concentrated solar power
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pahle, Michael, 2010. "Germany's dash for coal: Exploring drivers and factors," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3431-3442, July.
- Held, Hermann & Kriegler, Elmar & Lessmann, Kai & Edenhofer, Ottmar, 2009. "Efficient climate policies under technology and climate uncertainty," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(Supplemen), pages 50-61.
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Choi, E. Kwan & Feinerman, Eli, 1993.
"Risk And Probability Premiums For Cara Utility Functions,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(01), July.
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Choi, E. Kwan & Feinerman, Eli, 1993. "Risk and Probability Premiums for Cara Utility Function," Staff General Research Papers Archive 596, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Choi, E. Kwan & Feinerman, Eli, 1993. "Risk and Probability Premiums for CARA Utility Functions," ISU General Staff Papers 199307010700001539, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Williges, Keith & Lilliestam, Johan & Patt, Anthony, 2010. "Making concentrated solar power competitive with coal: The costs of a European feed-in tariff," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 3089-3097, June.
- Fan, Lin & Hobbs, Benjamin F. & Norman, Catherine S., 2010. "Risk aversion and CO2 regulatory uncertainty in power generation investment: Policy and modeling implications," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 193-208, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Parkinson, Simon C. & Djilali, Ned, 2015. "Long-term energy planning with uncertain environmental performance metrics," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 402-412.
- Ernesto Garnier and Reinhard Madlener, 2016.
"The Influence of Policy Regime Risks on Investments in Innovative Energy Technology,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Bollino-M).
- Garnier, Ernesto & Madlener, Reinhard, 2015. "The Influence of Policy Regime Risks on Investments in Innovative Energy Technology," FCN Working Papers 2/2015, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN), revised Oct 2015.
- Milstein, Irena & Tishler, Asher, 2015. "Can price volatility enhance market power? The case of renewable technologies in competitive electricity markets," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 70-90.
- George A. Gonzalez, 2016. "Transforming Energy: Solving Climate Change with Technology Policy . New York : Cambridge University Press . 360 pages. ISBN 9781107614970, $29.99 paperback. Anthony Patt , 2015 ," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 33(1), pages 111-113, January.
- Taylor, Benjamin & Xiao, Ning & Sikorski, Janusz & Yong, Minloon & Harris, Tom & Helme, Tim & Smallbone, Andrew & Bhave, Amit & Kraft, Markus, 2013. "Techno-economic assessment of carbon-negative algal biodiesel for transport solutions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 262-274.
- Meunier, Guy, 2013.
"Risk aversion and technology mix in an electricity market,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 866-874.
- Guy Meunier, 2013. "Risk aversion and technology mix in an electricity market," Working Papers hal-00906944, HAL.
- Donatella Baiardi & Matteo Manera & Mario Menegatti, 2014.
"The Effects of Environmental Risk on Consumption: an Empirical Analysis on the Mediterranean Countries,"
271, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2014.
- Donatella Baiardi & Matteo Manera & Mario Menegatti, 2014. "The Effects of Environmental Risk on Consumption: an Empirical Analysis on the Mediterranean Countries," Working Papers 2014.43, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- repec:eee:appene:v:217:y:2018:i:c:p:440-455 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Winzer, 2013. "Robustness of Various Capacity Mechanisms to Regulatory Errors Abstract: In the EU, several governments have introduced or are contemplating a capacity mechanism to ensure adequate investment in gener," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1338, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
More about this item
KeywordsEmissions trading; Allowances; Allocation rules; Uncertainty; Risk aversion;
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L9 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:34:y:2012:i:1:p:54-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.