White Certificates for energy efficiency improvement with energy taxes: A theoretical economic model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, ZhongXiang & Baranzini, Andrea, 2004.
"What do we know about carbon taxes? An inquiry into their impacts on competitiveness and distribution of income,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 507-518, March.
- Zhang, ZhongXiang & Baranzini, Andrea, 2000. "What do we know about carbon taxes? an inquiry into their impacts on competitiveness and distribution of income," MPRA Paper 13225, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2003.
- John Pezzey, 2003.
"Emission Taxes and Tradeable Permits A Comparison of Views on Long-Run Efficiency,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 26(2), pages 329-342, October.
- John C. V. Pezzey, 2002. "EmissionTaxes and Tradable Permits: A Comparison of views on Long Run Efficiency," Economics and Environment Network Working Papers 0210, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Pezzey, John C.V., 2003. "Emission Taxes and Tradable Permits: A Comparison of Views on Long Run Efficiency," 2003 Conference (47th), February 12-14, 2003, Fremantle, Australia 58198, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Boyd, Roy & Uri, Noel D., 1991. "The impact of a broad based energy tax on the US economy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 258-273, October.
- Roberton Williams, 2002. "Prices vs. Quantities vs. Tradable Quantities," NBER Working Papers 9283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ramos-Real, Francisco Javier, 2005. "Cost functions and the electric utility industry. A contribution to the debate on deregulation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Speck, Stefan, 1999. "Energy and carbon taxes and their distributional implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 659-667, October.
- Pizer, William A., 2002. "Combining price and quantity controls to mitigate global climate change," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 409-434, September.
- A. Lans Bovenberg & Lawrence H. Goulder & Derek J. Gurney, 2005.
"Efficiency Costs of Meeting Industry-Distributional Constraints Under Environmental Permits and Taxes,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(4), pages 950-970, Winter.
- Bovenberg, A.L. & Goulder, L.H. & Gurney, D.J., 2003. "Efficiency Costs of Meeting Industry-Distributional Constraints under Environmental Permits and Taxes," Discussion Paper 2003-86, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- A.L. Bovenberg & Lawrence H. Goulder & Derek J. Gurney, 2003. "Efficiency Costs of Meeting Industry-Distributional Constraints under Environmental Permits and Taxes," NBER Working Papers 10059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bert Willems & Guido Pepermans, 2003. "Regulating transmission in a spatial oligopoly: a numerical illustration for Belgium," Energy, Transport and Environment Working Papers Series ete0314, KU Leuven, Department of Economics - Research Group Energy, Transport and Environment.
- Baranzini, Andrea & Goldemberg, Jose & Speck, Stefan, 2000. "A future for carbon taxes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 395-412, March.
- Manne, Alan S. & Richels, Richard G., 1993. "The EC proposal for combining carbon and energy taxes The implications for future CO2 emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 5-12, January.
- Bosello, Francesco & Carraro, Carlo, 2001. "Recycling energy taxes: impacts on a disaggregated labour market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 569-594, September.
- J. Johnston, 1952. "Statistical Cost Functions In Electricity Supply," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 68-105.
- Ghalwash, Tarek, 2007. "Energy taxes as a signaling device: An empirical analysis of consumer preferences," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 29-38, January.
- Birkelund, Hugo & Gjelsvik, Eystein & Aaserud, Morten, 1994. "The EU carbon/energy tax Effects in a distorted energy market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(8), pages 657-665, August.
- Peter Hoeller & Jonathan Coppel, 1992. "Energy Taxation and Price Distortions in Fossil Fuel Markets: Some Implications for Climate Change Policy," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 110, OECD Publishing.
- Pearce, David, 2006. "The political economy of an energy tax: The United Kingdom's Climate Change Levy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 149-158, March.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521322249.
- Langniss, Ole & Praetorius, Barbara, 2006.
"How much market do market-based instruments create? An analysis for the case of "white" certificates,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 200-211, January.
- Ole Langniss & Barbara Praetorius, 2004. "How Much Market Do Market-Based Instruments Create?: An Analysis for the Case of "White" Certificates," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 425, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Vehmas, Jarmo, 2005. "Energy-related taxation as an environmental policy tool--the Finnish experience 1990-2003," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(17), pages 2175-2182, November.
- Ekins, Paul & Barker, Terry, 2001. " Carbon Taxes and Carbon Emissions Trading," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 325-376, July.
- Ghalwash, Tarek, 2004. "Energy Taxes as a Signaling Device: An Empirical Analysis of Consumer Preferences," Umeå Economic Studies 646, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Ekins, Paul, 1999. "European environmental taxes and charges: recent experience, issues and trends," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 39-62, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tol, Richard S.J., 2009.
"Intra- and extra-union flexibility in meeting the European Union's emission reduction targets,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4329-4336, November.
- Tol, Richard S. J., 2009. "Intra- and Extra-Union Flexibility in Meeting the European Union's Emission Reduction Targets," Papers WP290, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Filipović, Sanja & Verbič, Miroslav & Radovanović, Mirjana, 2015. "Determinants of energy intensity in the European Union: A panel data analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(P3), pages 547-555.
- Chai, Jian & Guo, Ju-E & Wang, Shou-Yang & Lai, Kin Keung, 2009. "Why does energy intensity fluctuate in China?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5717-5731, December.
- Anil Markandya & Xavier Labandeira & Ana Ramos, 2013. "Policy Instruments to Foster Energy Efficiency," Working Papers 01-2014, Economics for Energy.
- Niki-Artemis Spyridaki & Anastasia Ioannou & Alexandros Flamos, 2016. "How Can the Context Affect Policy Decision-Making: The Case of Climate Change Mitigation Policies in the Greek Building Sector," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(4), pages 1-22, April.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:111:y:2017:i:c:p:268-280 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:143:y:2018:i:c:p:191-201 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:107:y:2017:i:c:p:53-62 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brita Bye & Taran Fæhn & Orvika Rosnes, 2015. "Residental energy efficiency and European carbon policies A CGE-analysis with bottom-up information on energy efficiency technologies," Discussion Papers 817, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:9:y:2016:i:4:p:294:d:68422 is not listed on IDEAS
- Louis-Gaetan Giraudet and Dominique Finon, 2015.
"European experiences with white certifirecate obligations: A critical review of existing evaluations,"
Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Louis-Gaëtan Giraudet & D. Finon, 2014. "European experiences with white certificate obligations: A critical review of existing evaluations," CIRED Working Papers hal-01016110, HAL.
- Louis-Gaetan Giraudet & Dominique Finon, 2015. "European experiences with white certificate obligations: A critical review of existing evaluations," Post-Print hal-01140415, HAL.
- Spyridaki, N.-A. & Flamos, A., 2014. "A paper trail of evaluation approaches to energy and climate policy interactions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 1090-1107.
- Kim, Wook & Chattopadhyay, Deb & Park, Jong-bae, 2010. "Impact of carbon cost on wholesale electricity price: A note on price pass-through issues," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 3441-3448.
- Mian Yang & Zheng Hu & Jiahai Yuan, 2016. "The recent history and successes of China's energy efficiency policy," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(6), pages 715-730, November.
- Gries, Thomas, 2011. "Climate and Industrial Policy in an Asymmetric World," WIDER Working Paper Series 079, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy efficiency White Certificates Energy taxes;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:30:y:2008:i:6:p:3044-3062. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.