White Certificates for energy efficiency improvement with energy taxes: A theoretical economic model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, ZhongXiang & Baranzini, Andrea, 2004.
"What do we know about carbon taxes? An inquiry into their impacts on competitiveness and distribution of income,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 507-518, March.
- Zhang, ZhongXiang & Baranzini, Andrea, 2000. "What do we know about carbon taxes? an inquiry into their impacts on competitiveness and distribution of income," MPRA Paper 13225, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2003.
- J. Johnston, 1952. "Statistical Cost Functions In Electricity Supply," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 68-105.
- John Pezzey, 2003. "Emission Taxes and Tradeable Permits A Comparison of Views on Long-Run Efficiency," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, pages 329-342.
- Ghalwash, Tarek, 2007. "Energy taxes as a signaling device: An empirical analysis of consumer preferences," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 29-38, January.
- Birkelund, Hugo & Gjelsvik, Eystein & Aaserud, Morten, 1994. "The EU carbon/energy tax Effects in a distorted energy market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(8), pages 657-665, August.
- Boyd, Roy & Uri, Noel D., 1991. "The impact of a broad based energy tax on the US economy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 258-273.
- Roberton Williams, 2002. "Prices vs. Quantities vs. Tradable Quantities," NBER Working Papers 9283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Hoeller & Jonathan Coppel, 1992. "Energy Taxation and Price Distortions in Fossil Fuel Markets: Some Implications for Climate Change Policy," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 110, OECD Publishing.
- Ramos-Real, Francisco Javier, 2005. "Cost functions and the electric utility industry. A contribution to the debate on deregulation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Speck, Stefan, 1999. "Energy and carbon taxes and their distributional implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 659-667, October.
- Pearce, David, 2006. "The political economy of an energy tax: The United Kingdom's Climate Change Levy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 149-158.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521322249, November.
- A. Lans Bovenberg & Lawrence H. Goulder & Derek J. Gurney, 2005.
"Efficiency Costs of Meeting Industry-Distributional Constraints Under Environmental Permits and Taxes,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, pages 950-970.
- A.L. Bovenberg & Lawrence H. Goulder & Derek J. Gurney, 2003. "Efficiency Costs of Meeting Industry-Distributional Constraints under Environmental Permits and Taxes," NBER Working Papers 10059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bovenberg, A.L. & Goulder, L.H. & Gurney, D.J., 2003. "Efficiency Costs of Meeting Industry-Distributional Constraints under Environmental Permits and Taxes," Discussion Paper 2003-86, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Langniss, Ole & Praetorius, Barbara, 2006.
"How much market do market-based instruments create? An analysis for the case of "white" certificates,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 200-211, January.
- Ole Langniss & Barbara Praetorius, 2004. "How Much Market Do Market-Based Instruments Create?: An Analysis for the Case of "White" Certificates," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 425, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Pizer, William A., 2002. "Combining price and quantity controls to mitigate global climate change," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 409-434.
- Vehmas, Jarmo, 2005. "Energy-related taxation as an environmental policy tool--the Finnish experience 1990-2003," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(17), pages 2175-2182, November.
- Bert Willems & Guido Pepermans, 2003. "Regulating transmission in a spatial oligopoly: a numerical illustration for Belgium," Energy, Transport and Environment Working Papers Series ete0314, KU Leuven, Department of Economics - Research Group Energy, Transport and Environment.
- John Pezzey, 2003.
"Emission Taxes and Tradeable Permits A Comparison of Views on Long-Run Efficiency,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, pages 329-342.
- John C. V. Pezzey, 2002. "EmissionTaxes and Tradable Permits: A Comparison of views on Long Run Efficiency," Economics and Environment Network Working Papers 0210, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Pezzey, John C.V., 2003. "Emission Taxes and Tradable Permits: A Comparison of Views on Long Run Efficiency," 2003 Conference (47th), February 12-14, 2003, Fremantle, Australia 58198, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Baranzini, Andrea & Goldemberg, Jose & Speck, Stefan, 2000. "A future for carbon taxes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 395-412, March.
- Ekins, Paul & Barker, Terry, 2001. " Carbon Taxes and Carbon Emissions Trading," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 325-376, July.
- Manne, Alan S. & Richels, Richard G., 1993. "The EC proposal for combining carbon and energy taxes The implications for future CO2 emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 5-12, January.
- Ghalwash, Tarek, 2004. "Energy Taxes as a Signaling Device: An Empirical Analysis of Consumer Preferences," Umeå Economic Studies 646, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Ekins, Paul, 1999. "European environmental taxes and charges: recent experience, issues and trends," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 39-62, October.
- Bosello, Francesco & Carraro, Carlo, 2001. "Recycling energy taxes: impacts on a disaggregated labour market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 569-594.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tol, Richard S.J., 2009.
"Intra- and extra-union flexibility in meeting the European Union's emission reduction targets,"
Elsevier, pages 4329-4336.
- Tol, Richard S. J., 2009. "Intra- and Extra-Union Flexibility in Meeting the European Union's Emission Reduction Targets," Papers WP290, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Chai, Jian & Guo, Ju-E & Wang, Shou-Yang & Lai, Kin Keung, 2009. "Why does energy intensity fluctuate in China?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5717-5731, December.
- Niki-Artemis Spyridaki & Anastasia Ioannou & Alexandros Flamos, 2016. "How Can the Context Affect Policy Decision-Making: The Case of Climate Change Mitigation Policies in the Greek Building Sector," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(4), pages 1-22, April.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:107:y:2017:i:c:p:53-62 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brita Bye & Taran Fæhn & Orvika Rosnes, 2015. "Residental energy efficiency and European carbon policies A CGE-analysis with bottom-up information on energy efficiency technologies," Discussion Papers 817, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Kim, Wook & Chattopadhyay, Deb & Park, Jong-bae, 2010. "Impact of carbon cost on wholesale electricity price: A note on price pass-through issues," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 3441-3448.
- Louis-Gaetan Giraudet and Dominique Finon, 2015.
"European experiences with white certifirecate obligations: A critical review of existing evaluations,"
Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy,
International Association for Energy Economics.
- Louis-Gaëtan Giraudet & D. Finon, 2014. "European experiences with white certificate obligations: A critical review of existing evaluations," CIRED Working Papers hal-01016110, HAL.
- Louis-Gaetan Giraudet & Dominique Finon, 2015. "European experiences with white certificate obligations: A critical review of existing evaluations," Post-Print hal-01140415, HAL.
- Filipović, Sanja & Verbič, Miroslav & Radovanović, Mirjana, 2015. "Determinants of energy intensity in the European Union: A panel data analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(P3), pages 547-555.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:9:y:2016:i:4:p:294:d:68422 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:111:y:2017:i:c:p:268-280 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gries, Thomas, 2011. "Climate and Industrial Policy in an Asymmetric World," WIDER Working Paper Series 079, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Anil Markandya & Xavier Labandeira & Ana Ramos, 2013. "Policy Instruments to Foster Energy Efficiency," Working Papers 01-2014, Economics for Energy.
- Spyridaki, N.-A. & Flamos, A., 2014. "A paper trail of evaluation approaches to energy and climate policy interactions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 1090-1107.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy efficiency White Certificates Energy taxes;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:30:y:2008:i:6:p:3044-3062. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .