How Much Market Do Market-Based Instruments Create?: An Analysis for the Case of "White" Certificates
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Langniss, Ole & Praetorius, Barbara, 2006. "How much market do market-based instruments create? An analysis for the case of "white" certificates," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 200-211, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Haas, R. & Eichhammer, W. & Huber, C. & Langniss, O. & Lorenzoni, A. & Madlener, R. & Menanteau, P. & Morthorst, P. -E. & Martins, A. & Oniszk, A. & Schleich, J. & Smith, A. & Vass, Z. & Verbruggen, A, 2004.
"How to promote renewable energy systems successfully and effectively,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 833-839, April.
- R. Haas & W. Eichhammer & C. Huber & O. Langniss & A. Lorenzoni & R. Madlener & Philippe Menanteau & P.E. Morthorst & A. Martins & A. Oniszk, 2004. "How to promote renewable energy systems successfully and effectively," Post-Print halshs-00480446, HAL.
- Vine, Edward & Hamrin, Jan & Eyre, Nick & Crossley, David & Maloney, Michelle & Watt, Greg, 2003. "Public policy analysis of energy efficiency and load management in changing electricity businesses," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 405-430, April.
- Edward Vine & Jayant Sathaye, 2000. "The monitoring, Evaluation, reporting, verification, and certification of energy-efficiency projects," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 189-216, June.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:21:y:1987:i:1:p:528-530 is not listed on IDEAS
- Axel Michaelowa & Emmanuel Fages, 1999. "Options for baselines of the clean development mechanism," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 167-185, June.
- VINAYAK Bhattacharjee & CHARLES J. Cicchetti & WILLIAM F. Rankin, 1993. "Energy Utilities, Conservation, And Economic Efficiency," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 11(1), pages 69-75, January.
- Blumstein, Carl & Krieg, Betsy & Schipper, Lee & York, Carl, 1980. "Overcoming social and institutional barriers to energy conservation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 355-371.
- Stavins Robert N., 1995. "Transaction Costs and Tradeable Permits," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 133-148, September.
- Fisher, Anthony C. & Rothkopf, Michael H., 1989. "Market failure and energy policy A rationale for selective conservation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 397-406, August.
- A. Michaelowa & E. Fages, 1999. "Options for baselines of the clean development mechanism," Post-Print hal-00716168, HAL.
- DeCanio, Stephen J., 1993. "Barriers within firms to energy-efficient investments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 906-914, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Passey, Robert & MacGill, Iain, 2009. "Energy sales targets: An alternative to White Certificate schemes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2310-2317, June.
- Pedro Linares & Xavier Labandeira, 2010. "Energy Efficiency: Economics And Policy," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 573-592, July.
- Gillenwater, Michael, 2008. "Redefining RECs--Part 2: Untangling certificates and emission markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 2120-2129, June.
- Dicorato, M. & Forte, G. & Trovato, M., 2008. "Environmental-constrained energy planning using energy-efficiency and distributed-generation facilities," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1297-1313.
- Georg Meran & Nadine Wittmann, 2012.
"Green, Brown, and Now White Certificates: Are Three One Too Many? A Micro-Model of Market Interaction,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 53(4), pages 507-532, December.
- Georg Meran & Nadine Wittmann, 2008. "Green, Brown, and Now White Certificates: Are Three One Too Many? A Micromodel of Market Interaction," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 809, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:107:y:2017:i:c:p:53-62 is not listed on IDEAS
- Afshari, Afshin & Friedrich, Luiz, 2016. "A proposal to introduce tradable energy savings certificates in the emirate of Abu Dhabi," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 1342-1351.
- Louis-Gaetan Giraudet and Dominique Finon, 2015.
"European experiences with white certifirecate obligations: A critical review of existing evaluations,"
Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Louis-Gaëtan Giraudet & D. Finon, 2014. "European experiences with white certificate obligations: A critical review of existing evaluations," CIRED Working Papers hal-01016110, HAL.
- Louis-Gaetan Giraudet & Dominique Finon, 2015. "European experiences with white certificate obligations: A critical review of existing evaluations," Post-Print hal-01140415, HAL.
- Mundaca, Luis & Neij, Lena, 2009. "A multi-criteria evaluation framework for tradable white certificate schemes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4557-4573, November.
- Gianpaolo Iazzolino & Rossella Gabriele, 2016. "Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Development: An Analysis of Financial Reliability in Energy Service Companies Industry," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 6(2), pages 222-233.
- Mundaca, Luis, 2008. "Markets for energy efficiency: Exploring the implications of an EU-wide 'Tradable White Certificate' scheme," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 3016-3043, November.
- Stede, Jan, 2017. "Bridging the industrial energy efficiency gap – Assessing the evidence from the Italian white certificate scheme," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 112-123.
- Jan Stede, 2016. "Bridging the Industrial Energy Efficiency Gap: Assessing the Evidence from the Italian White Certificate Scheme," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1565, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Oikonomou, Vlasis & Rietbergen, Martijn & Patel, Martin, 2007. "An ex-ante evaluation of a White Certificates scheme in The Netherlands: A case study for the household sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1147-1163, February.
- Sorrell, Steve & Harrison, David & Radov, Daniel & Klevnas, Per & Foss, Andrew, 2009. "White certificate schemes: Economic analysis and interactions with the EU ETS," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 29-42, January.
- Rutherford, J.P. & Scharpf, E.W. & Carrington, C.G., 2007. "Linking consumer energy efficiency with security of supply," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 3025-3035, May.
- Antonio Angelo Romano & Giuseppe Scandurra & Alfonso Carfora, 2016. "Estimating the Impact of Feed-in Tariff Adoption: Similarities and Divergences among Countries through a Propensity-score Matching Method," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 6(2), pages 144-151.
- Oikonomou, Vlasis & Jepma, Catrinus & Becchis, Franco & Russolillo, Daniele, 2008. "White Certificates for energy efficiency improvement with energy taxes: A theoretical economic model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 3044-3062, November.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:279-289 is not listed on IDEAS
- Passey, Robert & MacGill, Iain & Outhred, Hugh, 2008. "The governance challenge for implementing effective market-based climate policies: A case study of The New South Wales Greenhouse Gas Reduction Scheme," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2999-3008, August.
- Calili, Rodrigo F. & Souza, Reinaldo C. & Galli, Alain & Armstrong, Margaret & Marcato, André Luis M., 2014. "Estimating the cost savings and avoided CO2 emissions in Brazil by implementing energy efficient policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 4-15.
- Jaehn, Florian & Letmathe, Peter, 2010. "The emissions trading paradox," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(1), pages 248-254, April.
More about this item
KeywordsTradable certificates; Energy efficiency; Transaction cost;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-06-07 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp425. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .