Relevant states and memory in Markov chain bootstrapping and simulation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Cerqueti, Roy & Falbo, Paolo & Pelizzari, Cristian, 2013. "Relevant States and Memory in Markov Chain Bootstrapping and Simulation," MPRA Paper 46250, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joel L. Horowitz, 2003. "Bootstrap Methods for Markov Processes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(4), pages 1049-1082, July.
- Stanislav Anatolyev & Andrey Vasnev, 2002. "Markov chain approximation in bootstrapping autoregressions," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(19), pages 1-8.
- Efstathios Paparoditis & Dimitris N. Politis, 2002. "The tapered block bootstrap for general statistics from stationary sequences," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(1), pages 131-148, June.
- Ryan Sullivan & Allan Timmermann & Halbert White, 1999.
"Data-Snooping, Technical Trading Rule Performance, and the Bootstrap,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 54(5), pages 1647-1691, October.
- Allan Timmermann & Halbert White & Ryan Sullivan, 1998. "Data-Snooping, Technical Trading, Rule Performance and the Bootstrap," FMG Discussion Papers dp303, Financial Markets Group.
- Sullivan, Ryan & Timmermann, Allan G & White, Halbert, 1998. "Data-Snooping, Technical Trading Rule Performance and the Bootstrap," CEPR Discussion Papers 1976, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- M. Rajarshi, 1990. "Bootstrap in Markov-sequences based on estimates of transition density," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 42(2), pages 253-268, June.
- Chao, Gary H., 2013. "Production and availability policies through the Markov Decision Process and myopic methods for contractual and selective orders," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 225(3), pages 383-392.
- Buhlmann, Peter & Kunsch, Hans R., 1999. "Block length selection in the bootstrap for time series," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 295-310, September.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2002:i:19:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- White, Chelsea C. & White, Douglas J., 1989. "Markov decision processes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-16, March.
- White, D. J., 1987. "Infinite horizon Markov decision processes with unknown or variable discount factors," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 96-100, January.
- José M. Bernardo & Raúl Rueda, 2002. "Bayesian Hypothesis Testing: a Reference Approach," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 70(3), pages 351-372, December.
- Ohno, Katsuhisa & Boh, Toshitaka & Nakade, Koichi & Tamura, Takayoshi, 2016. "New approximate dynamic programming algorithms for large-scale undiscounted Markov decision processes and their application to optimize a production and distribution system," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 249(1), pages 22-31.
- Pandelis, Dimitrios G., 2010. "Markov decision processes with multidimensional action spaces," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 200(2), pages 625-628, January.
- Dimitris Politis & Halbert White, 2004. "Automatic Block-Length Selection for the Dependent Bootstrap," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 53-70.
- Paparoditis, Efstathios & Politis, Dimitris N., 2001. "A Markovian Local Resampling Scheme For Nonparametric Estimators In Time Series Analysis," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(03), pages 540-566, June.
- Brock, William & Lakonishok, Josef & LeBaron, Blake, 1992.
" Simple Technical Trading Rules and the Stochastic Properties of Stock Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(5), pages 1731-1764, December.
- Brock, W. & Lakonishok, J. & Lebaron, B., 1991. "Simple Technical Trading Rules And The Stochastic Properties Of Stock Returns," Working papers 90-22, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Hall, Peter, 1985. "Resampling a coverage pattern," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 231-246, September.
- Patrice Bertail & Stéphan Clémençon, 2007. "Second-order properties of regeneration-based bootstrap for atomic Markov chains," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 16(1), pages 109-122, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:appene:v:195:y:2017:i:c:p:738-753 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBootstrapping; Information theory; Markov chains; Optimization; Simulation;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- C65 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Miscellaneous Mathematical Tools
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:256:y:2017:i:1:p:163-177. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.