The rise of female entrepreneurs: New evidence on gender differences in liquidity constraints
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Sauer, Robert M. & Wilson, Tanya, 2015. "The Rise of Female Entrepreneurs: New Evidence on Gender Differences in Liquidity Constraints," IZA Discussion Papers 8981, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & David Joulfaian & Harvey S. Rosen, 1994.
"Entrepreneurial Decisions and Liquidity Constraints,"
RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(2), pages 334-347, Summer.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & David Joulfaian & Harvey S. Rosen, 1992. "Entrepreneurial Decisions and Liquidity Constraints," Working Papers 679, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Holtz-Eakin, D. & Joulfaian, D. & Rosen, H.S., 1992. "Entrepreneurial Decisions and Liquidity Constraints," Papers 129, Princeton, Department of Economics - Financial Research Center.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & David Joulfaian & Harvey S. Rosen, 1993. "Entrepreneurial Decisions and Liquidity Constraints," NBER Working Papers 4526, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holtz-Eakin Douglas & Rosen Harvey S, 2005.
"Cash Constraints and Business Start-Ups: Deutschmarks Versus Dollars,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-28, February.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Harvey Rosen, 1999. "Cash Constraints and Business Start-ups: Deutschmarks versus Dollars," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 11, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-535, June.
- Disney, Richard & Gathergood, John, 2009.
"Housing wealth, liquidity constraints and self-employment,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 79-88, January.
- Richard Disney & John Gathergood, 2008. "Housing Wealth, Liquidity Constraints and Self-Employment," Discussion Papers 08/03, University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM).
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-827, August.
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1998. "What Makes an Entrepreneur?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 26-60, January.
- Erik Hurst & Annamaria Lusardi, 2004. "Liquidity Constraints, Household Wealth, and Entrepreneurship," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(2), pages 319-347, April.
- Taylor, Mark P, 2001.
"Self-Employment and Windfall Gains in Britain: Evidence from Panel Data,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(272), pages 539-565, November.
- Taylor, Mark P, 1999. "Self-Employment and Windfall Gains in Britain: Evidence From Panel Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 2084, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- ., 2005. "Coût du crédit aux entreprises," Bulletin de la Banque de France, Banque de France, issue 139, pages 73-75.
- Jenny Nykvist, 2008. "Entrepreneurship and Liquidity Constraints: Evidence from Sweden," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 110(1), pages 23-43, March.
- Blanchflower, David G & Meyer, Bruce D, 1994. "A Longitudinal Analysis of the Young Self-Employed in Australia and the United States," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Johansson, Edvard, 2000. " Self-Employment and Liquidity Constraints: Evidence from Finland," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(1), pages 123-134, March.
- Bruce D. Meyer, 1990. "Why Are There So Few Black Entrepreneurs?," NBER Working Papers 3537, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lindh, Thomas & Ohlsson, Henry, 1996. "Self-Employment and Windfall Gains: Evidence from the Swedish Lottery," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(439), pages 1515-1526, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sara Amoroso & Albert N. Link, 2018. "Under the AEGIS of knowledge-intensive entrepreneurship: employment growth and gender of founders among European firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 899-915, April.
- Ajzenman, Nicolas & Aksoy, Cevat Giray & Guriev, Sergei, 2020.
"Exposure to Transit Migration, Public Attitudes and Entrepreneurship,"
IZA Discussion Papers
13130, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Aksoy, Cevat Giray & Ajzenman, Nicolás & Guriev, Sergei, 2020. "Exposure to Transit Migration, Public Attitudes and Entrepreneurship," SocArXiv pj2cd, Center for Open Science.
- Ajzenman, Nicolas & Aksoy, Cevat Giray & Guriev, Sergei, 2020. "Exposure to Transit Migration, Public Attitudes and Entrepreneurship," CEPR Discussion Papers 14605, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sara, Amoroso & Albert, Link, 2017. "Under the AEGIS∗ of knowledge intensive entrepreneurship: Employment growth and gender of founders among European Firms," UNCG Economics Working Papers 17-9, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; Liquidity constraints;
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:86:y:2016:i:c:p:73-86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.