Are point-in-time measures of neighborhood characteristics useful proxies for children's long-run neighborhood environment?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Solon, Gary, 1999. "Intergenerational mobility in the labor market," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 29, pages 1761-1800 Elsevier.
- Lawrence F. Katz & Jeffrey R. Kling & Jeffrey B. Liebman, 2001.
"Moving to Opportunity in Boston: Early Results of a Randomized Mobility Experiment,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 116(2), pages 607-654.
- Lawrence F. Katz & Jeffrey R. Kling & Jeffrey B. Liebman, 2000. "Moving to Opportunity in Boston: Early Results of a Randomized Mobility Experiment," NBER Working Papers 7973, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence F. Katz & Jeffrey R. Kling & Jeffrey B. Liebman, 2000. "Moving to Opportunity in Boston: Early Results of a Randomized Mobility Experiment," Working Papers 820, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:demogr:v:55:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s13524-017-0636-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Julia Bredtmann & Nina Smith, 2018.
"Inequalities in Educational Outcomes: How Important Is the Family?,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 80(6), pages 1117-1144, December.
- Bredtmann, Julia & Smith, Nina, 2015. "Inequalities in Educational Outcomes: How Important is the Family?," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112861, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Bredtmann, Julia & Smith, Nina, 2016. "Inequalities in Educational Outcomes: How Important Is the Family?," IZA Discussion Papers 10286, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bredtmann, Julia & Smith, Nina, 2016. "Inequalities in educational outcomes: How important is the family?," Ruhr Economic Papers 644, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Do, D. Phuong, 2009. "The dynamics of income and neighborhood context for population health: Do long-term measures of socioeconomic status explain more of the black/white health disparity than single-point-in-time measures," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(8), pages 1368-1375, April.
- Umut Turk & John Östh, 2017. "Inequality of Opportunity in Sweden:A Spatial Perspective," Working Papers 09/2017, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- de Vuijst, Elise & van Ham, Maarten, 2017. "Educational Attainment and Neighbourhood Outcomes: Differences between Highly-Educated Natives and Non-Western Ethnic Minorities in the Netherlands," IZA Discussion Papers 10999, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Cheti Nicoletti & Birgitta Rabe, 2013. "Inequality in Pupils' Test Scores: How Much do Family, Sibling Type and Neighbourhood Matter?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 80(318), pages 197-218, April.
- Marianne E. Page & Gary Solon, 2003. "Correlations between sisters and neighbouring girls in their subsequent income as adults," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 545-562.
- Oddbjørn Raaum & Kjell G. Salvanes & Erik O. Sørensen, 2006. "The Neighbourhood is Not What it Used to be," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(508), pages 200-222, January.
- Morrissey, Taryn W. & Oellerich, Don & Meade, Erica & Simms, Jeffrey & Stock, Ann, 2016. "Neighborhood poverty and children's food insecurity," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 85-93.
- Raaum,O. & Salvanes,K.G. & Sorensen,E.O., 2001. "The neighbourhood is not what it used to be : has there been equalisation of opportunity across families and communities in Norway," Memorandum 36/2001, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- C. Kirabo Jackson & Rucker Johnson & Claudia Persico, 2014. "The Effect of School Finance Reforms on the Distribution of Spending, Academic Achievement, and Adult Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 20118, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lina Hedman & David Manley & Maarten van Ham & John Östh, 2015.
"Cumulative exposure to disadvantage and the intergenerational transmission of neighbourhood effects,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 195-215.
- Hedman, Lina & Manley, David & van Ham, Maarten & Östh, John, 2012. "Cumulative Exposure to Disadvantage and the Intergenerational Transmission of Neighbourhood Effects," IZA Discussion Papers 6794, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Tom Kleinepier & Maarten van Ham, 2017.
"The temporal stability of children's neighborhood experiences: A follow-up from birth to age 15,"
Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 36(59), pages 1813-1826, June.
- Kleinepier, Tom & van Ham, Maarten, 2017. "The Temporal Stability of Children's Neighborhood Experiences: A Follow-up from Birth to Age 15," IZA Discussion Papers 10696, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Mark Partridge & Dan Rickman, 2005. "Why some US nonmetropolitan counties moved out of persistent high-poverty status in the 1990s," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(8), pages 473-478.
- Marianne E. Page & Gary Solon, 2003. "Correlations between Brothers and Neighboring Boys in Their Adult Earnings: The Importance of Being Urban," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(4), pages 831-856, October.
- repec:kap:jgeosy:v:21:y:2019:i:2:d:10.1007_s10109-019-00297-z is not listed on IDEAS
- de Vuijst, Elise & van Ham, Maarten & Kleinhans, Reinout, 2015. "The Moderating Effect of Higher Education on Intergenerational Spatial Inequality," IZA Discussion Papers 9557, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Johnson, Rucker C. & Schoeni, Robert F. & Rogowski, Jeannette A., 2012. "Health disparities in mid-to-late life: The role of earlier life family and neighborhood socioeconomic conditions," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(4), pages 625-636.
- Thomas Vartanian & Linda Houser, 2012. "The Effects of Childhood SNAP Use and Neighborhood Conditions on Adult Body Mass Index," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 49(3), pages 1127-1154, August.
- Islam, TM Tonmoy, 2013. "Childhood neighborhood conditions and the persistence of adult income," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 684-693.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:79:y:2003:i:2:p:231-237. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.