A note on the optimality of airline networks
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jan K. Brueckner & Nichola J. Dyer & Pablo T. Spiller, 1992. "Fare Determination in Airline Hub-and-Spoke Networks," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(3), pages 309-333, Autumn.
- Zhang, Anming & Wei, Xin, 1993. "Competition in airline networks : The case of constant elasticity demands," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(2-3), pages 253-259.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Xiyan(Jamie), 2016. "1-Hub, 2-hub or fully connected network? A theoretical analysis of the optimality of airline network structure," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 5(C), pages 12-23.
- Fageda, Xavier, 1975- & Flores-Fillol, Ricardo, 2012. "Airport Congestion and Airline Network Structure," Working Papers 2072/211753, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Silva, Hugo E. & Verhoef, Erik T. & van den Berg, Vincent A.C., 2014.
"Airline route structure competition and network policy,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 320-343.
- Hugo Emilo Silva & Erik T. Verhoef & Vincent van den Berg, 2013. "Airline Route Structure Competition and Network Policy," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-189/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Pels, Eric, 2005.
"European airline mergers, alliance consolidation, and consumer welfare,"
Journal of Air Transport Management,
Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 27-41.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Eric Pels, 2004. "European Airline Mergers, Alliance Consolidation, and Consumer Welfare," CESifo Working Paper Series 1154, CESifo Group Munich.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Zhang, Anming, 2010.
"Airline emission charges: Effects on airfares, service quality, and aircraft design,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 44(8-9), pages 960-971, September.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Anming Zhang, 2009. "Airline Emission Charges: Effects on Airfares, Service Quality, and Aircraft Design," CESifo Working Paper Series 2547, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Anming Zhang, 2009. "Airline Emission Charges: Effects on Airfares, Service Quality, and Aircraft Design," Working Papers 080916, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 2004. "Network Structure and Airline Scheduling," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 291-312, June.
- Adler, Nicole & Hashai, Niron, 2005. "Effect of open skies in the Middle East region," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 878-894, December.
- Pels, Eric & Verhoef, Erik T., 2004. "The economics of airport congestion pricing," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 257-277, March.
- Sergio Jara-Díaz & Antonio Gschwender & Meisy Ortega, 2014. "The impact of a financial constraint on the spatial structure of public transport services," Transportation, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 21-36, January.
- Fageda, Xavier & Flores-Fillol, Ricardo, 2015. "A note on optimal airline networks under airport congestion," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 90-94.
- Button, Kenneth, 2002. "Debunking some common myths about airport hubs," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 177-188.
- Adler, Nicole & Smilowitz, Karen, 2007. "Hub-and-spoke network alliances and mergers: Price-location competition in the airline industry," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 394-409, May.
- Lin, Ming Hsin, 2012. "Airlines-within-airlines strategies and existence of low-cost carriers," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 637-651.
- Kawasaki, Akio, 2008. "Network effects, heterogeneous time value and network formation in the airline market," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 388-403, July.
- Gillen, David & Morrison, William G., 2005. "Regulation, competition and network evolution in aviation," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 161-174.
- Pels, Eric, 2008. "Airline network competition: Full-service airlines, low-cost airlines and long-haul markets," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 68-74.
- Gillen, David, 2005. "The Evolution of Networks with Changes in Industry Structure and Strategy: Connectivity, Hub-and-Spoke and Alliances," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 49-73, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:69:y:2000:i:3:p:429-434. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.