Network effects, heterogeneous time value and network formation in the airline market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ken Hendricks & Michele Piccione & Guofu Tan, 1995. "The Economics of Hubs: The Case of Monopoly," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(1), pages 83-99.
- BERECHMAN, Joseph & PODDAR, Sougata & SHY, Oz, 1994.
"Network Structure and Entry in the Deregulated Airline Industry,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1994064, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Joseph Berechman & Sougata Poddar & Oz Shy, 1997. "Network Structure and Entry, in the Deregulated Airline Industry," CIE Discussion Papers 1997-10, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Spiller, Pablo T., 1991. "Competition and mergers in airline networks," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 323-342, September.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 2004. "Network Structure and Airline Scheduling," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 291-312, June.
- Pels, Eric & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 1997. "Substitution and complementarity in aviation: airports vs airlines," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 275-286, December.
- Tae Hoon Oum & Anming Zhang & Yimin Zhang, 1995. "Airline Network Rivalry," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(4a), pages 836-857, November.
- Douglas, George W & Miller, James C, III, 1974. "Quality Competition, Industry Equilibrium, and Efficiency in the Price-Constrained Airline Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 657-669, September.
- Alfons J. Weichenrieder, 2004. "Second degree price discrimination and natural monopoly," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(2), pages 189-200, April.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Yimin Zhang, 2001. "A Model of Scheduling in Airline Networks: How a Hub-and-Spoke System Affects Flight Frequency, Fares and Welfare," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 35(2), pages 195-222, May.
- Gabrielsen, Tommy Staahl & Vagstad, Steinar, 2003. "Consumer heterogeneity, incomplete information and pricing in a duopoly with switching costs," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 384-401, September.
- Pels, Eric & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 2000. "A note on the optimality of airline networks," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 429-434, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tiziana D'Alfonso & Changmin Jiang & Valentina Bracaglia, 2015. "Air transport and high-speed rail competition: environmental implications and mitigation strategies," DIAG Technical Reports 2015-15, Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering, Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza".
- Lin, Ming Hsin & Zhang, Anming, 2016. "Hub congestion pricing: Discriminatory passenger charges," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 5(C), pages 37-48.
- Teraji, Yusuke & Morimoto, Yu, 2014. "Price competition of airports and its effect on the airline network," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 45-57.
- Lin, Ming Hsin, 2013. "Airport privatization in congested hub–spoke networks," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 51-67.
- Lin, Ming Hsin, 2012. "Airlines-within-airlines strategies and existence of low-cost carriers," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 637-651.
- Doi, Naoshi, 2014. "Mutual influence across routes using a common airport: The case of the domestic market in Japan," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 132-136.
- repec:eee:transb:v:101:y:2017:i:c:p:89-106 is not listed on IDEAS
- M. Nenem & E. Ozkan-Gunay, 2012. "Determining Hub Efficiency in Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa: The Impact of Geographical Positioning," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 2(2), pages 37-53, December.
- Kawamori, Tomohiko & Lin, Ming Hsin, 2013. "Airline mergers with low cost carriers," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 63-71.
- Akio Kawasaki & Ming Hsin Lin, 2013. "Airline Schedule Competition and the Entry Route Choices of Low-Cost Carriers," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 97-114, June.
- Akio Kawasaki, 2012. "Hub location with scheduling effects in a monopoly airline market," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 49(3), pages 805-819, December.
- Flores-Fillol, Ricardo, 2009. "Airline competition and network structure," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 43(10), pages 966-983, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:38:y:2008:i:4:p:388-403. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.