The Phillips and Beveridge curves revisited
This paper studies the cyclical labor market properties of a model wich aims to account for the Phillips and Beveridge curves. Monopolistic competition and sticky prices on the goods market are introduced in a labor market search model disturbed by both technological and money supply shocks. We explain the specific propagation mechanisms on the labor market related to money supply shocks and show that they help to understand aggregate labor market dynamics.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ireland, Peter N., 1997. "A small, structural, quarterly model for monetary policy evaluation," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 83-108, December.
- Hairault, J.O. & Portier, F., 1992.
"Money New-Keynesian Macroeconomics and the Business Cycles,"
Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications
92.32, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Hairault, Jean-Olivier & Portier, Franck, 1993. "Money, New-Keynesian macroeconomics and the business cycle," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1533-1568, December.
- Jordi Galí, 1992. "How Well Does The IS-LM Model Fit Postwar U. S. Data?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 709-738.
- Andolfatto, David, 1996. "Business Cycles and Labor-Market Search," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 112-132, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:69:y:2000:i:3:p:371-376. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.