Real Money Balances and the Timing of Consumption: An Empirical Investigation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Koenig, Evan F., 1989. "Real money balances and the timing of consumption: an empirical investigation," Working Papers 8906, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
References listed on IDEAS
- Koenig, Evan F, 1989.
"Investment and the Nominal Interest Rate: The Variable Velocity Case,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(2), pages 325-344, April.
- Koenig, Evan F., 1988. "Investment and the nominal interest rate: the variable velocity case," Working Papers 8805, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Bernanke, Ben, 1985.
"Adjustment costs, durables, and aggregate consumption,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 41-68, January.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1982. "Adjustment Costs, Durables, and Aggregate Consumption," NBER Working Papers 1038, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alfonso Palacio Vera, 2009. "Some Reflections on the Theory of the “Liquidity Trap”," Documentos de trabajo de la Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales 09-02, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Fujiwara, Ippei, 2006.
"Evaluating monetary policy when nominal interest rates are almost zero,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 434-453, September.
- Ippei Fujiwara, 2004. "Evaluating Monetary Policy When Nominal Interest Rates Are Almost Zero," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 620, Econometric Society.
- David Amirault & Brian O'Reilly, 2001. "The Zero Bound on Nominal Interest Rates: How Important Is It?," Staff Working Papers 01-6, Bank of Canada.
- Fujiwara, Ippei & Nakazono, Yoshiyuki & Ueda, Kozo, 2015.
"Policy regime change against chronic deflation? Policy option under a long-term liquidity trap,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 59-81.
- FUJIWARA Ippei & NAKAZONO Yoshiyuki & UEDA Kozo, 2014. "Policy Regime Change against Chronic Deflation? Policy option under a long-term liquidity trap," Discussion papers 14019, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Fujiwara, Ippei & Nakazono, Yoshiyuki & Ueda, Kozo, 2015. "Policy regime change against chronic deflation? Policy option under a long-term liquidity trap," Globalization Institute Working Papers 233, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Kozo Ueda & Yoshiyuki Nakazono & Ippei Fujiwara, 2014. "Policy Regime Change against Chronic Deflation? Policy option under long-term liquidity trap," AJRC Working Papers 1402, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- John Y. Campbell & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1989.
"Consumption, Income and Interest Rates: Reinterpreting the Time Series Evidence,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1989, Volume 4, pages 185-246
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Y. Campbell & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1989. "Consumption, Income, and Interest Rates: Reinterpreting the Time Series Evidence," NBER Working Papers 2924, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- F. H. Capie & D. P. Tsomocos & G. E. Wood, 2005. "Modelling Institutional Change in the Payments System, and its Implications for Monetary Policy," OFRC Working Papers Series 2005fe01, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Verónica Mies & Felipe Morandé & Matías Tapia, 2002. "Política Monetaria y Mecanismos de Transmisión: Nuevos Elementos para una Vieja Discusión," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 181, Central Bank of Chile.
- Luca Sessa, 2012. "Economic (in)stability under monetary targeting," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 858, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Brand, Claus & Reimers, Hans-Eggert & Seitz, Franz, 2003. "Forecasting real GDP: what role for narrow money?," Working Paper Series 254, European Central Bank.
- Takeshi Kimura & Hiroshi Kobayashi & Jun Muranaga & Hiroshi Ugai, 2003. "The effect of the increase in the monetary base of Japan's economy at zero interest rates: an empirical analysis," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Monetary policy in a changing environment, volume 19, pages 276-312 Bank for International Settlements.
- Tomas Havranek & Anna Sokolova, 2016.
"Do Consumers Really Follow a Rule of Thumb? Three Thousand Estimates from 130 Studies Say "Probably Not","
2016/08, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Tomas Havranek & Anna Sokolova, 2016. "Do Consumers Really Follow a Rule of Thumb? Three Thousand Estimates from 130 Studies Say “Probably Not”," Working Papers IES 2016/15, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jul 2016.
- Tomas Havranek & Anna Sokolova, 2016. "Do Consumers Really Follow a Rule of Thumb? Three Thousand Estimates from 130 Studies Say "Probably Not"," HSE Working papers WP BRP 137/EC/2016, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Reis, Ricardo, 2007. "The analytics of monetary non-neutrality in the Sidrauski model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 129-135, January.
- Warnock, Francis E., 2003.
"Exchange rate dynamics and the welfare effects of monetary policy in a two-country model with home-product bias,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 343-363, June.
- Francis E. Warnock, 2000. "Exchange rate dynamics and the welfare effects of monetary policy in a two-country model with home-product bias," International Finance Discussion Papers 667, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Barry E. Jones & Livio Stracca, 2008.
"Does Money Matter In The Is Curve? The Case Of The Uk,"
University of Manchester, vol. 76(s1), pages 58-84, September.
- Jones, Barry E. & Stracca, Livio, 2008. "Does money matter in the IS curve? The case of the UK," Working Paper Series 904, European Central Bank.
- Mariano Kulish & Stephen Elias, 2013.
"Direct effects of money on aggregate demand: another look at the evidence,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(27), pages 3801-3809, September.
- Stephen Elias & Mariano Kulish, 2010. "Direct Effects of Money on Aggregate Demand: Another Look at the Evidence," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2010-05, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Francis E. Warnock, 1998. "Idiosyncratic tastes in a two-country optimizing model: implications ; of a standard presumption," International Finance Discussion Papers 631, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Verónica Mies M. & Felipe Morandé L. & Matías Tapia G., 2002. "Monetary Policy and Transmission Mechanisms: New Elements for an old Debate," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 5(3), pages 29-66, December.
- Nelson, Edward, 2002.
"Direct effects of base money on aggregate demand: theory and evidence,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 687-708, May.
- Edward Nelson, 2000. "Direct effects of base money on aggregate demand: theory and evidence," Bank of England working papers 122, Bank of England.
- Nelson, Edward, 2001. "Direct Effects of Base Money on Aggregate Demand: Theory and Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 2666, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Duca, John V. & VanHoose, David D., 2004. "Recent developments in understanding the demand for money," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 247-272.
- F H Capie & Dimitrios P Tsomocos & Geoffrey E Wood, 2003. "E-barter versus fiat money: will central banks survive?," Bank of England working papers 197, Bank of England.
- Claus Brand & Hans-Eggert Reimers & Franz Seitz, 2003. "Narrow Money and the Business Cycle: Theoretical aspects and euro area evdence," Macroeconomics 0303012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Riyad Abubaker, 2016. "Consumption and Money Uncertainty at the Zero Lower Bound," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(1), pages 449-463.
- Cheng K. Wu, 1997. "New Result in Theory of Consumption: Changes in Savings and Income Growth," Macroeconomics 9706007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pojanart Sunirand, 2003. "The Role of Money in The Transmission Mechanism of Monetary Policy: Evidence from Thailand," FMG Discussion Papers dp451, Financial Markets Group.
- Sunirand, Pojanart, 2003. "The role of money in the transmission mechanism of monetary policy: evidence from Thailand," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24850, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:qjecon:v:105:y:1990:i:2:p:399-425.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.