A jackknife interpretation of the continuous updating estimator
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Heaton, John & Yaron, Amir, 1996. "Finite-Sample Properties of Some Alternative GMM Estimators," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(3), pages 262-280, July.
- Angrist, J D & Imbens, G W & Krueger, A B, 1999. "Jackknife Instrumental Variables Estimation," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(1), pages 57-67, Jan.-Feb..
- Donald, Stephen G & Newey, Whitney K, 2001. "Choosing the Number of Instruments," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(5), pages 1161-1191, September.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1991.
"Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 817-858, May.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1988. "Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 877R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1989.
- Morimune, Kimio, 1983. "Approximate Distributions of k-Class Estimators When the Degree of Overidentifiability Is Large Compared with the Sample Size," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(3), pages 821-841, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fan, Yanqin & Gentry, Matthew & Li, Tong, 2011. "A new class of asymptotically efficient estimators for moment condition models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 162(2), pages 268-277, June.
- Consolo, Agostino & Favero, Carlo A., 2009.
"Monetary policy inertia: More a fiction than a fact?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 900-906, September.
- Consolo, Agostino & Favero, Carlo A., 2009. "Monetary Policy Inertia: More a Fiction than a fact?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7341, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joachim Inkmann, 2010. "Estimating Firm Size Elasticities of Product and Process R&D," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 77(306), pages 384-402, April.
- Bekker, Paul A. & Crudu, Federico, 2012. "Symmetric Jackknife Instrumental Variable Estimation," MPRA Paper 37853, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frank Kleibergen, 2004. "Expansions of GMM statistics that indicate their properties under weak and/or many instruments and the bootstrap," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 408, Econometric Society.
- Prosper Donovon & Alastair R. Hall, 2015. "GMM and Indirect Inference: An appraisal of their connections and new results on their properties under second order identification," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1505, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Hausman, Jerry & Lewis, Randall & Menzel, Konrad & Newey, Whitney, 2011. "Properties of the CUE estimator and a modification with moments," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 165(1), pages 45-57.
- Patrik Guggenberger, 2005. "Monte-carlo evidence suggesting a no moment problem of the continuous updating estimator," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(13), pages 1-6.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2005:i:13:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joaquim Ramalho, 2003. "Small Sample Bias of Alternative Estimation Methods for Moment Condition Models: Monte Carlo Evidence for Covariance Structures and Instrumental Variables," Economics Working Papers 9_2003, University of Évora, Department of Economics (Portugal).
- Antoine, Bertille & Bonnal, Helene & Renault, Eric, 2007.
"On the efficient use of the informational content of estimating equations: Implied probabilities and Euclidean empirical likelihood,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 138(2), pages 461-487, June.
- Hélène Bonnal & Éric Renault, 2004. "On the Efficient Use of the Informational Content of Estimating Equations: Implied Probabilities and Euclidean Empirical Likelihood," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-18, CIRANO.
- Richard A. Ashley & Xiaojin Sun, 2016. "Subset-Continuous-Updating GMM Estimators for Dynamic Panel Data Models," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-13, November.
- Bekker, Paul A. & Crudu, Federico, 2015.
"Jackknife instrumental variable estimation with heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 185(2), pages 332-342.
- P.A. Bekker & F. Crudu, 2013. "Jackknife Instrumental Variable Estimation with Heteroskedasticity," Working Paper CRENoS 201313, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Whitney K. Newey & Frank Windmeijer, 2005. "GMM with many weak moment conditions," CeMMAP working papers CWP18/05, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Alastair R. Hall, 2013. "Generalized Method of Moments," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Macroeconomics, chapter 14, pages 313-333 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Todd, Prono, 2009. "Simple, Skewness-Based GMM Estimation of the Semi-Strong GARCH(1,1) Model," MPRA Paper 30994, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Jul 2011.
- Gospodinov, Nikolay & Otsu, Taisuke, 2012.
"Local GMM estimation of time series models with conditional moment restrictions,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 170(2), pages 476-490.
- Nikolay Gospodinov & Taisuke Otsu, 2008. "Local GMM Estimation of Time Series Models with Conditional Moment Restrictions," Working Papers 08010, Concordia University, Department of Economics.
- Yuichi Kitamura, 2006. "Empirical Likelihood Methods in Econometrics: Theory and Practice," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-430, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:67:y:2000:i:3:p:239-243. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.