A better way to bootstrap pairs
In this paper we are interested in heteroskedastic regression models, for which an appropriate bootstrap method is bootstrapping pairs, proposed by Freedman (1981). We propose an ameliorate version of it, with better numerical performance.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Horowitz, Joel L., 1994. "Bootstrap-based critical values for the information matrix test," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 395-411, April.
- MacKinnon, James G. & White, Halbert, 1985.
"Some heteroskedasticity-consistent covariance matrix estimators with improved finite sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 305-325, September.
- James G. MacKinnon & Halbert White, 1983. "Some Heteroskedasticity Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimators with Improved Finite Sample Properties," Working Papers 537, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1999.
"The Size Distortion Of Bootstrap Tests,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(03), pages 361-376, June.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1984.
"Implicit Alternatives and the Local Power of Test Statistics,"
556, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1987. "Implicit Alternatives and the Local Power of Test Statistics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1305-29, November.
- Davidson , R. & Mackinnon, J.G., 1985. "Implicit alternatives and the local power of test statistics," CORE Discussion Papers 1985025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Joel L. Horowitz, 1996. "Bootstrap Methods in Econometrics: Theory and Numerical Performance," Econometrics 9602009, EconWPA, revised 05 Mar 1996.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Hall, Peter & Horowitz, Joel L, 1996. "Bootstrap Critical Values for Tests Based on Generalized-Method-of-Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 891-916, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:64:y:1999:i:3:p:257-262. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.