Demand and choice elasticities for a separable product group
Demand elasticities are derived from choice elasticities for a separable group of close substitutes. The example shows that choice and ordinary elasticities are similar for minor group members but radically different for the dominant member.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kenneth Clements, 2006.
"Price Elasticities of Demand Are Minus One-half,"
Economics Discussion / Working Papers
06-14, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Robert A. Pollak, 1969. "Conditional Demand Functions and Consumption Theory," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 83(1), pages 60-78.
- Alain Carpentier & Hervé Guyomard, 2001. "Unconditional Elasticities in Two-Stage Demand Systems: An Approximate Solution," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(1), pages 222-229.
- David L. Edgerton, 1997. "Weak Separability and the Estimation of Elasticities in Multistage Demand Systems," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 62-79.
- Hans Kremers & Peter Nijkamp & Piet Rietveld, 2000.
"A Meta-Analysis of Price Elasticities of Transport Demand in a General Equilibrium Framework,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
00-060/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Kremers, Hans & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 2002. "A meta-analysis of price elasticities of transport demand in a general equilibrium framework," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 463-485, May.
- Brons, Martijn & Nijkamp, Peter & Pels, Eric & Rietveld, Piet, 2008. "A meta-analysis of the price elasticity of gasoline demand. A SUR approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2105-2122, September.
- Peter M. Guadagni & John D. C. Little, 2008. "A Logit Model of Brand Choice Calibrated on Scanner Data," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 29-48, 01-02.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:108:y:2010:i:2:p:134-136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.