Measuring the impact of competition in local government education markets on the cognitive achievement of students
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Borland, Melvin V. & Howsen, Roy M., 1993. "On the determination of the critical level of market concentration in education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 165-169, June.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1990.
"How Efficient Is the Voting Market?,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(1), pages 27-63, April.
- Sam Peltzman, 1988. "How Efficient Is the Voting Market?," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 53, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 2000.
"Does Competition among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1209-1238, December.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 1994. "Does Competition Among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?," NBER Working Papers 4979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schmidt, Amy B & Kenny, Lawrence W & Morton, Rebecca B, 1996. "Evidence on Electoral Accountability in the U.S. Senate: Are Unfaithful Agents Really Punished?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(3), pages 545-567, July.
- Kenny, Lawrence W., 1982. "Economies of scale in schooling," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Eric A. Hanushek, 1979. "Conceptual and Empirical Issues in the Estimation of Educational Production Functions," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(3), pages 351-388.
- Amy B. Schmidt, 1992. "Private School Enrollment in Metropolitan Areas," Public Finance Review, , vol. 20(3), pages 298-320, July.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 1994. "Do Private Schools Provide Competition for Public Schools?," NBER Working Papers 4978, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laura López Torres & Diego Prior, 2014.
"Measuring school demand in the presence of spatial dependence. A conditional approach,"
Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 9,in: Adela García Aracil & Isabel Neira Gómez (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 9, edition 1, volume 9, chapter 4, pages 117-141
Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
- Laura López-Torres & Diego Prior Jiménez, 2014. "Measuring School Demand in the Presence of Spatial Dependence. A Conditional Approach," Working Papers 1403, Departament Empresa, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, revised Jun 2014.
- Millimet, Daniel L. & Rangaprasad, Vasudha, 2007.
"Strategic competition amongst public schools,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 199-219, March.
- Daniel Millimet; Vasudha Rangaprasad, 2004. "Strategic Competition Amongst Public Schools," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 197, Econometric Society.
- Brasington, D. M., 2003. "The supply of public school quality," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 367-377, August.
- David M. Brasington, 2005. "Public and Private School Competition: The Spatial Education Production Function," Departmental Working Papers 2005-09, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Marlow, Michael L., 1999. "Spending, school structure, and public education quality. Evidence from California," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 89-106, February.
- Adnett, Nick & Bougheas, Spiros & Davies, Peter, 2002.
"Market-based reforms of public schooling: some unpleasant dynamics,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 323-330, August.
- Nick Adnett & Spiros Bougheas & Peter Davies, "undated". "Market-Based Reforms of Public Schooling: Some Unpleasant Dynamics," Working Papers 994, Staffordshire University, Business School.
- Fox, William F. & Gurley, Tami, 2006. "Will consolidation improve sub-national governments ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3913, The World Bank.
- Steve Bradley & Jim Taylor, 2010. "Diversity, Choice and the Quasi-market: An Empirical Analysis of Secondary Education Policy in England," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(1), pages 1-26, February.
- Grosskopf, Shawna & Hayes, Kathy J. & Taylor, Lori L. & Weber, William L., 2001. "On the Determinants of School District Efficiency: Competition and Monitoring," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 453-478, May.
- William F. Shughart II & Laura Razzolini & Michael Reksulak (ed.), 2013. "The Elgar Companion to Public Choice, Second Edition," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14039.
- Soma Ghosh, 2013. "Participation in school choice: a spatial probit analysis of neighborhood influence," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 50(1), pages 295-313, February.
- Martin, Stephanie M., 2010. "The determinants of school district salary incentives: An empirical analysis of, where and why," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1143-1153, December.
- Pablo González, 2002. "Lecciones de la investigación económica sobre el rol del sector privado en educación," Documentos de Trabajo 117, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- David Brasington, 2002. "Differences in the Production of Education Across Regions and Urban and Rural Areas," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 137-145.
- Oliver Himmler, 2009. "The Effects of School Competition on Academic Achievement and Grading Standards," CESifo Working Paper Series 2676, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ghosh, Soma, 2010. "Strategic interaction among public school districts: Evidence on spatial interdependence in school inputs," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 440-450, June.
- Millimet, Daniel L. & Collier, Trevor, 2008. "Efficiency in public schools: Does competition matter?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 145(1-2), pages 134-157, July.
- Lawrence Kenny, 2005. "The public choice of educational choice," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 124(1), pages 205-222, July.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:89-103 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:16:y:1997:i:4:p:431-441. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.