Commitment for storable goods under vertical integration
The role of commitment under monopoly for storable goods has been fully considered in many papers. In general, if the monopolist with storable goods cannot commit, the prices are higher than in the case in which the monopolist launches commitment. According to the discrete-time dynamic model, commitment for storable goods under vertically integrated structures is considered in this paper. The similar results to the monopoly are correspondingly obtained. Namely, the prices without commitment are also higher than that with commitment under vertical integration.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leigh Tesfatsion, 2000.
"Structure, Behavior, and Market Power in an Evolutionary Labor Market with Adaptive Search,"
- Tesfatsion, Leigh, 2001. "Structure, behavior, and market power in an evolutionary labor market with adaptive search," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(3-4), pages 419-457, March.
- Tesfatsion, Leigh S., 2009. "Structure, Behavior, and Market Power in an Evolutionary Labor Market with Adaptive Search," Staff General Research Papers 1681, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Tesfatsion, Leigh S., 2001. "Structure, Behavior, and Market Power in an Evolutionary Labor Market with Adaptive Search," Staff General Research Papers 1914, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Simon Board, 2008. "Durable-Goods Monopoly with Varying Demand," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 75(2), pages 391-413.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521282444 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lambson, Val E. & Phillips, Kerk L., 2007.
"Market structure and Schumpeterian growth,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 47-62, January.
- Klaus Kultti, 2003. "About Market Structure," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 6(1), pages 240-251, January.
- Martin Pesendorfer, 2002. "Retail Sales: A Study of Pricing Behavior in Supermarkets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(1), pages 33-66, January.
- Igal Hendel & Aviv Nevo, 2006.
"Measuring the Implications of Sales and Consumer Inventory Behavior,"
Econometric Society, vol. 74(6), pages 1637-1673, November.
- Igal Hendel & Aviv Nevo, 2005. "Measuring the Implications of Sales and Consumer Inventory Behavior," NBER Working Papers 11307, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caves, Richard E., 2007. "In praise of the Old I.O," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Jean-Luc Gaffard & Michel Quéré, 2006. "What’s the aim for competition policy: optimizing market structure or encouraging innovative behaviors?," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 175-187, April.
- Igal Hendel & Paolo Dudine & Alessandro Lizzeri, 2006. "Storable Good Monopoly: The Role of Commitment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(5), pages 1706-1719, December.
- Arzu Akkoyunlu-Wigley & Sevinc Mihci, 2006. "Effects of the customs union with the European Union on the market structure and pricing behaviour of the Turkish manufacturing industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(20), pages 2443-2452.
- Coase, Ronald H, 1972. "Durability and Monopoly," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages 143-49, April.
- Goerke, Laszlo & Runkel, Marco, 2006. "Profit Tax Evasion under Oligopoly with Endogenous Market Structure," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 59(4), pages 851-57, December.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, June.
- Joshi, Sumit, 2007. "Asymmetric outcome in a symmetric dynamic duopoly," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 531-555, February.
- Pu-yan Nie, 2007. "Selection games in Economics," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 223-225.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:26:y:2009:i:2:p:414-417. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.