What makes the models-policy interaction successful?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zalm, G., 1998. "The relevance of economic modelling for policy decisions," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 309-316, July.
- Faulhaber, Gerald R & Baumol, William J, 1988. "Economists as Innovators: Practical Products of Theoretical Research," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 577-600, June.
- Donihue, Michael & Kitchen, John, 1999. "The Troika process: Economic models and macroeconomic policy in the USA," MPRA Paper 22216, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bjerkholt, Olav, 1998. "Interaction between model builders and policy makers in the Norwegian tradition," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 317-339, July.
- Smith, Ron, 1998. "Emergent policy-making with macroeconometric models," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 429-442, July.
- Bray, Jeremy, et al, 1995. "The Interfaces between Policy Makers, Markets and Modellers in the Design of Economic Policy: An Intermodel Comparison," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(431), pages 989-1000, July.
- Ray C. Fair & Robert J. Shiller, 1988.
"The Informational Content of Ex Ante Forecasts,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
857, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Smith, Ron, 1990. "The Warwick ESRC macroeconomic modelling bureau: An assessment," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 301-309, October.
- Wallis, Kenneth F, 1993.
"On Macroeconomic Policy and Macroeconometric Models,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 69(205), pages 113-30, June.
- Wallis, K.F., 1992. "On Macroeconomic Policy and Macroeconometric Models," CEPR Discussion Papers 264, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Richard R. Nelson, 1995. "Recent Evolutionary Theorizing about Economic Change," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 48-90, March.
- Mayes, David G. & Razzak, W. A., 1998. "Transparency and accountability: Empirical models and policy making at the Reserve Bank of New Zealand," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 377-394, July.
- den Butter, F. A. G., 1991. "Macroeconomic modelling and the policy of restraint in the Netherlands," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 16-33, January.
- repec:sae:niesru:v:153:y::i:1:p:59-72 is not listed on IDEAS
- van Els, P. J. A., 1990. "Econometric versus quasiempirical models : Macroeconomic policy analysis in the Netherlands," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 133-147, April.
- Wallis, Kenneth F & Whitley, John D, 1991. "Macro-models and Macro Policy in the 1980s," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(3), pages 118-27, Autumn.
- Siviero, S. & Terlizzese, D. & Visco, I., 1999.
"Are Model-Based Inflation Forecasts Used in Monetary Policymaking? A Case Study,"
357, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Stefano Siviero & Daniele Terlizzese & Ignazio Visco, 1999. "Are model-based inflation forecasts used in monetary policymaking? A case study," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 357, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Nelson, Robert H, 1987. "The Economics Profession and the Making of Public Policy," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 49-91, March.
- Fair, Ray C & Shiller, Robert J, 1990. "Comparing Information in Forecasts from Econometric Models," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 375-89, June.
- repec:sae:niesru:v:133:y::i:1:p:91-115 is not listed on IDEAS
- Donders, Jan & Graafland, Johan, 1998. "CPB models and employment policy in the Netherlands," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 341-356, July.
- Polak, Jacques J., 1998. "The IMF monetary model at 40," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 395-410, July.
- Wallis, Kenneth F, 1989. "Macroeconomic Forecasting: A Survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(394), pages 28-61, March.
- Duguay, Pierre & Longworth, David, 1998. "Macroeconomic models and policy making at the bank of canada," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 357-375, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:15:y:1998:i:3:p:443-475. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.