Snowball: A dynamic oligopoly model with indirect network effects
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Farrell, Joseph & Saloner, Garth, 1986. "Installed Base and Compatibility: Innovation, Product Preannouncements, and Predation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 940-955, December.
- Michel Benaim & Emmanuelle Auriol, 2000. "Standardization in Decentralized Economies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(3), pages 550-570, June.
- Church, Jeffrey & Gandal, Neil, 1992. "Network Effects, Software Provision, and Standardization," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 85-103, March.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Steven J. Davis, 2000. "A Competitive Perspective on Internet Explorer," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 184-187, May.
- Gandal, Neil & Greenstein, Shane & Salant, David, 1999.
"Adoptions and Orphans in the Early Microcomputer Market,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 87-105, March.
- Gandal, N. & Greenstein, S. & Salant, D., 1995. "Adoptions and Orphans in the Early Microcumputer Market," Papers 02-95, Tel Aviv.
- Neil Gandal & Shane Greenstein & David Salant, 1995. "Adoptions and Orphans in the Early Microcomputer Market," Industrial Organization 9502002, EconWPA.
- Neil Gandal & Shane GreenStein & David Salant, 1997. "Adoptions and Orphans in the Early Microcomputer Market," CARE Working Papers 9705, The University of Texas at Austin, Center for Applied Research in Economics.
- Caplin, Andrew & Nalebuff, Barry, 1991.
"Aggregation and Imperfect Competition: On the Existence of Equilibrium,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 25-59, January.
- Andrew Caplin & Barry Nalebuff, 1990. "Aggregation and Imperfect Competition: On the Existence of Equilibrium," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 937, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F & Greenstein, Shane, 1999.
"Technological Competition and the Structure of the Computer Industry,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 1-40, March.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Shane Greenstein, 1997. "Technological Competition and the Structure of the Computer Industry," Working Papers 97028, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-440, June.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1986. "Technology Adoption in the Presence of Network Externalities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 822-841, August.
- Richard Ericson & Ariel Pakes, 1995. "Markov-Perfect Industry Dynamics: A Framework for Empirical Work," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(1), pages 53-82.
- Farrell, Joseph & Saloner, Garth, 1986. "Standardization and variety," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 71-74.
- Shane M. Greenstein, 1993. "Did Installed Base Given an Incumbent Any (Measurable) Advantages in Federal Computer Procurement?," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 24(1), pages 19-39, Spring.
- Doraszelski, Ulrich & Satterthwaite, Mark, 2007. "Computable Markov-Perfect Industry Dynamics: Existence, Purification, and Multiplicity," CEPR Discussion Papers 6212, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:266:y:2018:i:1:p:328-339 is not listed on IDEAS
- Laussel, Didier & Van Long, Ngo & Resende, Joana, 2015.
"Network effects, aftermarkets and the Coase conjecture: A dynamic Markovian approach,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 84-96.
- Didier LAUSSEL & Ngo Van LONG & Joana RESENDE, 2014. "Network Effects, Aftermarkets and the Coase Conjecture : A Dynamic Markovian Approach," Cahiers de recherche 06-2014, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Didier Laussel & Ngo Van Long & Joana Resende, 2015. "Network effects, aftermarkets and the Coase conjecture: A dynamic Markovian approach," Post-Print hal-01457339, HAL.
- Jiawei Chen & Ulrich Doraszelski & Joseph E. Harrington, Jr., 2009.
"Avoiding market dominance: product compatibility in markets with network effects,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 40(3), pages 455-485.
- Jiawei Chen & Ulrich Doraszelski & Joseph E. Harrington, Jr., 2008. "Avoiding Market Dominance: Product Compatibility in Markets with Network Effects," Economics Working Paper Archive 537, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Ulrich Doraszelski & Joe Harrington & Jiawei Chen, 2009. "Avoiding Market Dominance: Product Compatibility in Markets with Network Effects," 2009 Meeting Papers 30, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Narajabad, Borghan & Watson, Randal, 2011. "The dynamics of innovation and horizontal differentiation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 825-842, June.
- Laussel, Didier & Resende, Joana, 2014.
"Dynamic price competition in aftermarkets with network effects,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 106-118.
- Didier Laussel & Joana Resende, 2014. "Dynamic price competition in aftermarkets with network effects," Post-Print hal-01463925, HAL.
- repec:kap:qmktec:v:15:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11129-017-9186-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Pierre H. Dubé & Günter J. Hitsch & Pradeep K. Chintagunta, 2010. "Tipping and Concentration in Markets with Indirect Network Effects," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(2), pages 216-249, 03-04.
- Oz Shy, 2011. "A Short Survey of Network Economics," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 38(2), pages 119-149, March.
- Schneider, Lorenz, 2014. "Firm value in emerging network industries," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 75-87.
- Herings, P. Jean-Jacques & Peeters, Ronald & Yang, Michael S., 2018.
"Piracy on the Internet: Accommodate it or fight it? A dynamic approach,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 266(1), pages 328-339.
- Herings P. Jean-Jacques & Peeters Ronald & Yang Michael S., 2009. "Piracy on the internet: Accommodate it or fight it? A dynamic approach," Research Memorandum 034, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Tingting He & Dmitri Kuksov & Chakravarthi Narasimhan, 2012. "Intraconnectivity and Interconnectivity: When Value Creation May Reduce Profits," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(4), pages 587-602, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:dyncon:v:32:y:2008:i:3:p:909-938. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.