Providing quality infrastructure in rural villages: The case of rural roads in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Dercon & Daniel O. Gilligan & John Hoddinott & Tassew Woldehanna, 2009.
"The Impact of Agricultural Extension and Roads on Poverty and Consumption Growth in Fifteen Ethiopian Villages,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(4), pages 1007-1021.
- Dercon, Stefan & Gilligan, Daniel O. & Hoddinott, John & Woldehan, Tassew, 2008. "The impact of agricultural extension and roads on poverty and consumption growth in fifteen Ethiopian villages:," IFPRI discussion papers 840, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Escobal D'Angelo, Javier & Ponce, Carmen, 2002.
"The benefits of rural roads: enhancing income opportunities for the rural poor,"
37751, Group for the Analysis of Development (GRADE).
- Javier Escobal & Carmen Ponce, 2003. "The benefits of rural roads. Enhancing income opportunities for the rural poor," Documentos de Investigación dt40b, Grupo de Análisis para el Desarrollo (GRADE).
- Shenggen Fan & Peter Hazell, 2001. "Returns to Public Investments in the Less-Favored Areas of India and China," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1217-1222.
- Jerry Lebo & Dieter Schelling, 2001. "Design and Appraisal of Rural Transport Infrastructure : Ensuring Basic Access for Rural Communities," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13911.
- Yamauchi, Futoshi & Muto, Megumi & Chowdhury, Shyamal K. & Dewina, Reno & Sumaryanto, Sony, 2009.
"Spatial Networks, Labor Supply and Income Dynamics: Evidence from Indonesian Villages,"
2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China
51571, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Yamauchi, Futoshi & Muto, Megumi & Chowdhury, Shyamal & Dewina, Reno & Sumaryanto, Sony, 2009. "Spatial networks, labor supply, and income dynamics: Evidence from Indonesian villages," IFPRI discussion papers 897, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2004.
"Road development, economic growth, and poverty reduction in China,"
DSGD discussion papers
12, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2005. "Road development, economic growth, and poverty reduction in China:," Research reports 138, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Benjamin A. Olken, 2007.
"Monitoring Corruption: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Indonesia,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 115, pages 200-249.
- Benjamin Olken, 2005. "Monitoring corruption: Evidence from a field experiment in indonesia," Natural Field Experiments 00317, The Field Experiments Website.
- Benjamin A. Olken, 2005. "Monitoring Corruption: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Indonesia," NBER Working Papers 11753, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- de Brauw, Alan & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott & Zhang, Linxiu & Zhang, Yigang, 2002.
"The Evolution of China's Rural Labor Markets During the Reforms,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 329-353, June.
- de Brauw, Alan & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott & Zhang, Linxiu & Zhang, Yigang, 2002. "The Evolution Of China'S Rural Labor Markets During The Reforms," Working Papers 11984, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Shahidur R. Khandker & Zaid Bakht & Gayatri B. Koolwal, 2009.
"The Poverty Impact of Rural Roads: Evidence from Bangladesh,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(4), pages 685-722, July.
- Khandker, Shahidur R. & Bakht, Zaid & Koolwal, Gayatri B., 2006. "The poverty impact of rural roads : evidencefrom Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3875, The World Bank.
- Fock, Achim & Wong, Christine, 2008. "Financing rural development for a harmonious society in China : recent reforms in public finance and their prospects," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4693, The World Bank.
- John Hoddinott, 2002. "Participation and Poverty Reduction: An Analytical Framework and Overview of the Issues," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 11(1), pages 146-168, March.
- Faguet, Jean-Paul, 2004. "Does decentralization increase government responsiveness to local needs?: Evidence from Bolivia," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(3-4), pages 867-893, March.
- Humplick, Frannie & Moini-Araghi, Azadeh, 1996. "Decentralized structures for providing roads : a cross-country comparison," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1658, The World Bank.
- Minten, Bart & Kyle, Steven, 1999. "The effect of distance and road quality on food collection, marketing margins, and traders' wages: evidence from the former Zaire," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 467-495, December.
- Piet Buys & Uwe Deichmann & David Wheeler, 2010. "Road Network Upgrading and Overland Trade Expansion in Sub-Saharan Africa-super- †," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 19(3), pages 399-432, June.
- Adato, Michelle & Hoddinott, John & Haddad, Lawrence James, 2005. "Power, politics, and performance: community participation in South African public works programs," Research reports 143, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Deininger, Klaus & Mpuga, Paul, 2005. "Does Greater Accountability Improve the Quality of Public Service Delivery? Evidence from Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 171-191, January.
- Ahmed, Raisuddin & Hossain, Mahabub, 1990. "Developmental impact of rural infrastructure in Bangladesh:," Research reports 83, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- World Bank, 2000. "World Development Indicators 2000," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13828.
- Wang, Xiaobing & Huang, Jikun & Zhang, Linxiu & Rozelle, Scott, 2011. "The rise of migration and the fall of self employment in rural China's labor market," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 573-584.
- Deller, Steven C & Chicoine, David L & Walzer, Norman, 1988. "Economies of Size and Scope in Rural Low-Volume Roads," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 459-465, August.
- Calvo, C.M., 1998. "Options for Managing and Financing Rural Transport Infrastructure," Papers 411, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Linxiu Zhang & Renfu Luo & Chengfang Liu & Scott Rozelle, 2006. "Investing in Rural China: Tracking China's Commitment to Modernization," Chinese Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 57-84, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wong, Ho Lun & Wang, Yu & Luo, Renfu & Zhang, Linxiu & Rozelle, Scott, 2017. "Local governance and the quality of local infrastructure: Evidence from village road projects in rural China," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 119-132.
- Dan Pan & Ruiyao Ying & Zuhui Huang, 2017. "Determinants of Residential Solid Waste Management Services Provision: A Village-Level Analysis in Rural China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-15, January.
More about this item
KeywordsDecentralization; Quality infrastructure; Project finance; Project management; Road quality; Rural China;
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- H72 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Budget and Expenditures
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:103:y:2013:i:c:p:262-274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.