Transaction costs, quality, and economies of scale: examining contracting choices in the hospital industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lyons, Bruce R, 1994. "Contracts and Specific Investment: An Empirical Test of Transaction Cost Theory," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 257-278, Summer.
- Globerman, Steven & Schwindt, Richard, 1986. "The organization of vertically related transactions in the Canadian forest products industries," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 199-212, June.
- Kirk Monteverde & David J. Teece, 1982. "Supplier Switching Costs and Vertical Integration in the Automobile Industry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(1), pages 206-213, Spring.
- Lyons, Bruce R., 1995. "Specific investment, economies of scale, and the make-or-buy decision: A test of transaction cost theory," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 431-443, May.
- Joskow, Paul L, 1988. "Asset Specificity and the Structure of Vertical Relationships: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 95-117, Spring.
- Masten, Scott E & Meehan, James W, Jr & Snyder, Edward A, 1991. "The Costs of Organization," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(1), pages 1-25, Spring.
- Erin Anderson & David C. Schmittlein, 1984. "Integration of the Sales Force: An Empirical Examination," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(3), pages 385-395, Autumn.
- Erin Anderson, 1985. "The Salesperson as Outside Agent or Employee: A Transaction Cost Analysis," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 4(3), pages 234-254.
- Shelanski, Howard A & Klein, Peter G, 1995. "Empirical Research in Transaction Cost Economics: A Review and Assessment," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 335-361, October.
- Anderson, Erin, 1988. "Transaction costs as determinants of opportunism in integrated and independent sales forces," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 247-264, April.
- Dranove, David & White, William D, 1994. "Recent Theory and Evidence on Competition in Hospital Markets," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 169-209, Spring.
- Eccles, Robert G., 1981. "The quasifirm in the construction industry," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 335-357, December.
- George J. Stigler, 1951. "The Division of Labor is Limited by the Extent of the Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59, pages 185-185.
- MacDonald, James M, 1985. "Market Exchange or Vertical Integration: An Empirical Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(2), pages 327-331, May.
- Caves, Richard E. & Bradburd, Ralph M., 1988. "The empirical determinants of vertical integration," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 265-279, April.
- Masten, Scott E, 1984. "The Organization of Production: Evidence from the Aerospace Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(2), pages 403-417, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fernandez-Olmos, Marta & Rosell-Martinez, Jorge & Espitia-Escuer, Manuel Antonio, 2008. "Quality and governance mode choice: a transaction cost approach to the wine industry," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44266, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ludwig, Martijn & Groot, Wim & Van Merode, Frits, 2009. "Hospital efficiency and transaction costs: A stochastic frontier approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 61-67, July.
- Cruz, Antonio Miguel & Haugan, Gregory L. & Rincon, Adriana Maria Rios, 2014. "The effects of asset specificity on maintenance financial performance: An empirical application of Transaction Cost Theory to the medical device maintenance field," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(3), pages 1037-1053.
- Björn A. Kuchinke & Ansgar Wübker, 2009. "Defizite von öffentlichen Allgemeinkrankenhäusern in Deutschland: Empirische Befunde von 1998 bis 2004 und wirtschaftspolitische Implikationen," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 10(3), pages 290-308, August.
- Fannin, J. Matthew & Barnes, James N., 2009. "Spatial Model Specification for Contractual Arrangements between Rural Hospitals and Physicians," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 39(2), pages 189-211.
- repec:bla:ijhplm:v:31:y:2016:i:4:p:554-579 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miguel Cruz, Antonio & Maria Rios Rincon, Adriana, 2012. "Medical device maintenance outsourcing: Have operation management research and management theories forgotten the medical engineering community? A mapping review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(1), pages 186-197.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:corfin:v:4:y:1998:i:4:p:321-345. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcorpfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.