The impact of firm-specific assets and the interaction of uncertainty: an examination of make or buy decisions in public and private hospitals
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Deirdre N. McCloskey & Stephen T. Ziliak, 1996. "The Standard Error of Regressions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(1), pages 97-114, March.
- Kirk Monteverde & David J. Teece, 1982. "Supplier Switching Costs and Vertical Integration in the Automobile Industry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(1), pages 206-213, Spring.
- Lyons, Bruce R., 1995. "Specific investment, economies of scale, and the make-or-buy decision: A test of transaction cost theory," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 431-443, May.
- Joskow, Paul L, 1988. "Asset Specificity and the Structure of Vertical Relationships: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 95-117, Spring.
- Erin Anderson & David C. Schmittlein, 1984. "Integration of the Sales Force: An Empirical Examination," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(3), pages 385-395, Autumn.
- Eccles, Robert G., 1981. "The quasifirm in the construction industry," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 335-357, December.
- Caves, Richard E. & Bradburd, Ralph M., 1988. "The empirical determinants of vertical integration," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 265-279, April.
- Masten, Scott E, 1984. "The Organization of Production: Evidence from the Aerospace Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(2), pages 403-417, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fernandez-Olmos, Marta & Rosell-Martinez, Jorge & Espitia-Escuer, Manuel Antonio, 2008. "Quality and governance mode choice: a transaction cost approach to the wine industry," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44266, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dalton, Christina Marsh & Warren, Patrick L., 2016. "Cost versus control: Understanding ownership through outsourcing in hospitals," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 1-15.
- Ludwig, Martijn & Groot, Wim & Van Merode, Frits, 2009. "Hospital efficiency and transaction costs: A stochastic frontier approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 61-67, July.
- Dalton, Christina Marsh & Warren, Patrick L., 2014. "Outsourcing Intensity and Ownership: Theory and Evidence from California General Care Hospitals," MPRA Paper 61949, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brodrechtova, Yvonne, 2008. "Determinants of export marketing strategies of forest products companies in the context of transition -- The case of Slovakia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(7-8), pages 450-459, October.
- James, Harvey S., Jr., 2007. "A New Institutional Economics Perspective on the Relationship Among Societal Values, Governance Structure and Access to Rural Health Care Services," Working Papers 7362, University of Missouri Columbia, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- repec:eee:intman:v:23:y:2017:i:3:p:227-241 is not listed on IDEAS
- Steven Globerman & Aidan Vining, 2004. "The Outsourcing Decision: A Strategic Framework," International Trade 0404007, EconWPA.
- Cruz, Antonio Miguel & Haugan, Gregory L. & Rincon, Adriana Maria Rios, 2014. "The effects of asset specificity on maintenance financial performance: An empirical application of Transaction Cost Theory to the medical device maintenance field," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(3), pages 1037-1053.
- Chandler, Gaylen N. & McKelvie, Alexander & Davidsson, Per, 2009. "Asset specificity and behavioral uncertainty as moderators of the sales growth -- Employment growth relationship in emerging ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 373-387, July.
- repec:rss:jnljse:v3i1p4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kaouthar Lajili & Joseph T. Mahoney, 2006. "Revisiting agency and transaction costs theory predictions on vertical financial ownership and contracting: electronic integration as an organizational form choice," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(7), pages 573-586.
- Shannon W. Anderson & Henri C. Dekker, 2005. "Management Control for Market Transactions: The Relation Between Transaction Characteristics, Incomplete Contract Design, and Subsequent Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(12), pages 1734-1752, December.
- Gerhard Speckbacher & Kerstin Neumann & Werner H. Hoffmann, 2015. "Resource relatedness and the mode of entry into new businesses: Internal resource accumulation vs. access by collaborative arrangement," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(11), pages 1675-1687, November.
- Fernández Olmos, Marta, 2010. "The performance implications of "grow or buy" decisions in the wine industry," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 256-264, June.
- Agarwal, Rajshree & Croson, Rachel & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2007. "Decision Making in Strategic Alliances: An Experimental Investigation," Working Papers 07-0108, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Marta Fernández-Olmos & Jorge Rosell-Martínez & Manuel A. Espitia-Escuer, 2009. "Vertical integration in the wine industry: a transaction costs analysis on the Rioja DOCa," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 231-250.
- Davide Vannoni, 1999. "Empirical Studies of Vertical Integration: the Transaction Cost Orthodoxy," CERIS Working Paper 199903, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Keith D. Brouthers & Lance Eliot Brouthers & Steve Werner, 2008. "Real Options, International Entry Mode Choice and Performance," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(5), pages 936-960, July.
- Ozcan, Pinar, 2007. "What networks do to firms and what firms do to networks: Evolution of alliance portfolios in networked markets," IESE Research Papers D/711, IESE Business School.
- Lajili, Kaouthar & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2005. "Revisiting Agency and Transaction Costs Theory Predictions on Vertical Financial Ownership and Contracting: Electronic Integration as an Organizational Form Choice," Working Papers 05-0106, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Ghosh, Ranjan & Kathuria, Vinish, 2014. "The transaction costs driving captive power generation: Evidence from India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 179-188.
- Miguel Cruz, Antonio & Maria Rios Rincon, Adriana, 2012. "Medical device maintenance outsourcing: Have operation management research and management theories forgotten the medical engineering community? A mapping review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(1), pages 186-197.
- Ji, Chen & de Felipe, Isabel & Briz, Julian & Trienekens, Jacques H., 2012. "An Empirical Study on Governance Structure Choices in ChinaÂ´s Pork Supply Chain," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 15(2).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:36:y:1998:i:3:p:383-409. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.