Mechanization outsourcing clusters and division of labor in Chinese agriculture
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Zhang, Xiaobo & Yang, Jin & Reardon, Thomas Anthony, 2015. "Mechanization outsourcing clusters and division of labor in Chinese agriculture:," IFPRI discussion papers 1415, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Xiaobo & Yang, Jin & Wang, Shenglin, 2011. "China has reached the Lewis turning point," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 542-554.
- Brambilla, Irene & Porto, Guido G., 2005. "Farm Productivity and Market Structure: Evidence from Cotton Reforms in Zambia," Center Discussion Papers 28492, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing, 2009.
"Securing property rights in transition: Lessons from implementation of China's rural land contracting law,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1-2), pages 22-38, May.
- Deininger, Klaus W. & Jin, Songqing, 2006. "Securing property rights in transition: Lessons from implementation of China's rural land contracting law," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21465, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing, 2007. "Securing property rights in transition: lessons from implementation of China's rural land contracting law," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4447, The World Bank.
- Jin Yang & Zuhui Huang & Xiaobo Zhang & Thomas Reardon, 2013. "The Rapid Rise of Cross-Regional Agricultural Mechanization Services in China," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1245-1251.
- Brambilla, Irene & Porto, Guido, 2005.
"Farm Productivity and Market Structure: Evidence from Cotton Reforms in Zambia,"
5, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Brambilla, Irene & Porto, Guido G., 2006. "Farm productivity and marketstructure : evidence from cotton reforms in Zambia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3904, The World Bank.
- Diao, Xinshen & Cossar, Frances & Houssou, Nazaire & Kolavalli, Shashidhara & Jimah, Kipo & Aboagye, Patrick, 2012. "Mechanization in Ghana: Searching for sustainable service supply models:," IFPRI discussion papers 1237, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- James Levinsohn & Amil Petrin, 2003. "Estimating Production Functions Using Inputs to Control for Unobservables," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(2), pages 317-341.
- Olmstead, Alan L. & Rhode, Paul W., 1995. "Beyond the Threshold: An Analysis of the Characteristics and Behavior of Early Reaper Adopters," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 55(01), pages 27-57, March.
- Coase Ronald H & Wang Ning, 2011. "The Industrial Structure of Production: A Research Agenda for Innovation in an Entrepreneurial Economy," Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 1-13, March.
- Kazushi Takahashi & Keijiro Otsuka, 2009. "The increasing importance of nonfarm income and the changing use of labor and capital in rice farming: the case of Central Luzon, 1979-2003," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(2), pages 231-242, March.
- Jayasuriya, S. K. & Shand, R. T., 1986. "Technical change and labor absorption in Asian agriculture: Some emerging trends," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 415-428, March.
- Pingali, Prabhu, 2007. "Agricultural Mechanization: Adoption Patterns and Economic Impact," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
- George J. Stigler, 1951. "The Division of Labor is Limited by the Extent of the Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59, pages 185-185.
- Peter Timmer, C., 1988. "The agricultural transformation," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 275-331 Elsevier.
- Binswanger, Hans, 1986. "Agricultural Mechanization: A Comparative Historical Perspective," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 1(1), pages 27-56, January.
- Prabhu L. Pingali, 1997. "From Subsistence to Commercial Production Systems: The Transformation of Asian Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 628-634.
- Robert Evenson & Prabhu Pingali (ed.), 2007. "Handbook of Agricultural Economics," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier, edition 1, volume 3, number 1, 00.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bhattarai, Madhusudan & Joshi, Pramod Kumar & Shekhawa, R. S. & Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2017. "The evolution of tractorization in Indiaâ€™s low-wage economy: Key patterns and implications," IFPRI discussion papers 1675, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Yating, Zeng & Yanhong, Jin & Zhong, Tang, 2016. "Investigating the Relationship between Land and Labor Endowments and Agricultural Mechanization among Chinese Farmers," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 236367, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:eee:agisys:v:172:y:2019:i:c:p:47-59 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gulati, Kajal & Lybbert, Travis J. & Spielman, David J., 2017. "Diffusing to level fields: Evolution of laser land leveling technology markets in India," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258387, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Adhikari, Rajendra Prasad & Kumar, Anjani, 2016.
"Is access to tractor service a binding constraint for Nepali Terai farmers? :,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1508, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hiroyuki Takeshima & Rajendra Prasad Adhikari & Anjani Kumar, 2016. "Is Access to Tractor Service a Binding Constraint for Nepali Terai Farmers?," Working Papers id:9604, eSocialSciences.
- Hiroyuki Takeshima & Yanyan Liu & Ian Masias, 2018.
"Evolution of Agricultural Mechanization in Vietnam: Insights from a Literature Review and Multiple Rounds of a Farm Household Survey,"
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Liu, Yanyan & Cuong, Nguyen Van & Masias, Ian, 2018. "Evolution of agricultural mechanization in Vietnam: Insights from a literature review and multiple rounds of a farm household survey:," IFPRI discussion papers 1724, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hatzenbuehler, Patrick L. & Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Edeh, Hyacinth & Lawal, Akeem, 2018. "Cost and policy determinants of features of tractor markets in Nigeria: Case studies of tractor sellers in Kaduna state and tractor owners in Benue state," NSSP working papers 55, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Guo, Hongdong & Ji, Chen & Jin, Songqing & Huang, Zuhui, 2015. "Outsourcing Agricultural Production: Evidence from Rice Farmers in Zhejiang Province," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 206079, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hiroyuki Takeshima & Yanyan Liu, 2018. "The Role of Plant-Breeding R&D in Tractor Adoption among Smallholders in Asia: Insights from Nepal Terai," Working Papers id:12748, eSocialSciences.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:77:y:2018:i:c:p:33-49 is not listed on IDEAS
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2015. "Identifying the effects of market imperfections for a scale biased agricultural technology: Tractors in Nigeria," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211937, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rada, Nicholas & Wang, Chenggang & Qin, Lijian, 2015. "Subsidy or market reform? Rethinking China’s farm consolidation strategy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 93-103.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:12:p:4525-:d:186859 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAgriculture; Lewis turning point; Outsource; Mechanization;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:43:y:2017:i:c:p:184-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.