Water modeling in an energy optimization framework – The water-scarce middle east context
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mahmoud, Elham & el Nather, Hoseen, 2003. "Renewable energy and sustainable developments in Egypt: photovoltaic water pumping in remote areas," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(1-2), pages 141-147, January.
- Meerganz von Medeazza, Gregor & Moreau, Vincent, 2007. "Modelling of water–energy systems. The case of desalination," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1024-1031.
- Jaber, J. O. & Probert, S. D. & Badr, O., 1997. "Water scarcity: A fundamental crisis for Jordan," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(2-3), pages 103-127, June.
- Bazilian, Morgan & Rogner, Holger & Howells, Mark & Hermann, Sebastian & Arent, Douglas & Gielen, Dolf & Steduto, Pasquale & Mueller, Alexander & Komor, Paul & Tol, Richard S.J. & Yumkella, Kandeh K., 2011. "Considering the energy, water and food nexus: Towards an integrated modelling approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7896-7906.
- Zejli, Driss & Ouammi, Ahmed & Sacile, Roberto & Dagdougui, Hanane & Elmidaoui, Azzeddine, 2011. "An optimization model for a mechanical vapor compression desalination plant driven by a wind/PV hybrid system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 4042-4054.
- Purohit, Pallav, 2007. "Financial evaluation of renewable energy technologies for irrigation water pumping in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3134-3144, June.
- Qadir, M. & Sharma, B.R. & Bruggeman, A. & Choukr-Allah, R. & Karajeh, F., 2007. "Non-conventional water resources and opportunities for water augmentation to achieve food security in water scarce countries," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 2-22, January.
- Føyn, T. Helene Ystanes & Karlsson, Kenneth & Balyk, Olexandr & Grohnheit, Poul Erik, 2011. "A global renewable energy system: A modelling exercise in ETSAP/TIAM," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 526-534, February.
- Mubarak, Jamil A., 1998. "Middle East and North Africa: Development policy in view of a narrow agricultural natural resource base," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 877-895, May.
- Subhadra, Bobban G. & Edwards, Mark, 2011. "Coproduct market analysis and water footprint of simulated commercial algal biorefineries," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(10), pages 3515-3523.
- Richard Loulou & Maryse Labriet, 2008. "ETSAP-TIAM: the TIMES integrated assessment model Part I: Model structure," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 7-40, February.
- Blesl, Markus & Kober, Tom & Bruchof, David & Kuder, Ralf, 2010. "Effects of climate and energy policy related measures and targets on the future structure of the European energy system in 2020 and beyond," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6278-6292, October.
- Colangelo, A. & Marano, D. & Spagna, G. & Sharma, V. K., 1999. "Photovoltaic powered reverse osmosis sea-water desalination systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-4), pages 289-305, September.
- Assoumou, Edi & Maïzi, Nadia, 2011. "Carbon value dynamics for France: A key driver to support mitigation pledges at country scale," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4325-4336, July.
- Venkatesh, G. & Brattebø, Helge, 2011. "Energy consumption, costs and environmental impacts for urban water cycle services: Case study of Oslo (Norway)," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 792-800.
- Rijsberman, Frank R., 2006. "Water scarcity: Fact or fiction?," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 80(1-3), pages 5-22, February.
- de Fraiture, Charlotte & Wichelns, Dennis, 2010. "Satisfying future water demands for agriculture," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(4), pages 502-511, April.
- Yang, Hong & Wang, Lei & Zehnder, Alexander J.B., 2007. "Water scarcity and food trade in the Southern and Eastern Mediterranean countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5-6), pages 585-605.
- Gielen, Dolf & Taylor, Michael, 2007. "Modelling industrial energy use: The IEAs Energy Technology Perspectives," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 889-912, July.
- Siddiqi, Afreen & Anadon, Laura Diaz, 2011. "The water-energy nexus in Middle East and North Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 4529-4540, August.
- Richard Loulou, 2008. "ETSAP-TIAM: the TIMES integrated assessment model. part II: mathematical formulation," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 41-66, February.
- AfDB AfDB, 2010. "Working Paper Series – Author Guidelines," Working Paper Series 357, African Development Bank.
- Ould-Amrouche, S. & Rekioua, D. & Hamidat, A., 2010. "Modelling photovoltaic water pumping systems and evaluation of their CO2 emissions mitigation potential," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(11), pages 3451-3459, November.
- Charlotte Fraiture, 2007. "Integrated water and food analysis at the global and basin level. An application of WATERSIM," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 21(1), pages 185-198, January.
- Gerbens-Leenes, P.W. & Hoekstra, A.Y. & van der Meer, Th., 2009. "The water footprint of energy from biomass: A quantitative assessment and consequences of an increasing share of bio-energy in energy supply," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 1052-1060, February.
- Comodi, G. & Cioccolanti, L. & Gargiulo, M., 2012. "Municipal scale scenario: Analysis of an Italian seaside town with MarkAL-TIMES," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 303-315.
- Rio Carrillo, Anna Mercè & Frei, Christoph, 2009. "Water: A key resource in energy production," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4303-4312, November.
- Alawaji, Saleh & Smiai, Mohammed Salah & Rafique, Shah & Stafford, Byron, 1995. "PV-powered water pumping and desalination plant for remote areas in Saudi Arabia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 52(2-3), pages 283-289.
More about this item
KeywordsWater scarcity; Energy systems model; Water-energy intensity; Natural capital; Middle East region;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:101:y:2013:i:c:p:268-279. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.