Capping auditor liability: The German experience
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Henry G. Manne, 1965. "Mergers and the Market for Corporate Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 110.
- Puxty, A. G. & Willmott, Hugh C. & Cooper, David J. & Lowe, Tony, 1987. "Modes of regulation in advanced capitalism: Locating accountancy in four countries," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 273-291, April.
- Napier, Christopher J., 1998. "Intersections of law and accountancy: Unlimited auditor liability in the United Kingdom," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 105-128, January.
- Balderston, Theo, 1991. "German Banking between the Wars: The Crisis of the Credit Banks," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 65(03), pages 554-605, September.
- Randall Pozdena, 1987. "Commerce and banking: the German case," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue dec18.
- Michael Power, 1992. "The politics of brand accounting in the United Kingdom," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 39-68.
- Dye, Ronald A., 1991. "Informationally motivated auditor replacement," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 347-374, December.
- Henry G. Manne, 1965. "Mergers and the Market for Corporate Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 351.
- Tilly, Richard, 1982. "Mergers, External Growth, and Finance in the Development of Large-Scale Enterprise in Germany, 1880–1913," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(03), pages 629-658, September.
- Kaplow, Louis & Shavell, Steven, 1994. "Why the Legal System Is Less Efficient Than the Income Tax in Redistributing Income," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(2), pages 667-81, June.
- Holger Vieten, 1995. "Auditing in Britain and Germany compared: professions, knowledge and the state," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 485-514.
- Cable, John R, 1985. "Capital Market Information and Industrial Performance: The Role of West German Banks," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(377), pages 118-32, March.
- Gerrit Meijer, 1994. "Introduction: The Institutional Basis of Market Economies," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(4), pages 3-8, September.
- Heinz G. Grossekettler, 1994. "On Designing an Institutional Infrastructure for Economies: The Freiburg Legacy after 50 Years," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(4), pages 9-24, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:23:y:1998:i:1:p:81-103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.