Understanding clients, providers and the institutional dimensions of irrigation services in developing countries: A study of water markets in Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kajisa, Kei & Sakurai, Takeshi, 2005. "Efficiency and equity in groundwater markets: the case of Madhya Pradesh, India," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(6), pages 801-819, December.
- Aggarwal, Rimjhim M., 2007. "Role of risk sharing and transaction costs in contract choice: Theory and evidence from groundwater contracts," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 475-496, July.
- Khondoker A. Mottaleb & Dil Bahadur Rahut & Akhter Ali & Bruno Gérard & Olaf Erenstein, 2017. "Enhancing Smallholder Access to Agricultural Machinery Services: Lessons from Bangladesh," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(9), pages 1502-1517, September.
- David Gisselquist & John Nash & Carl Pray, 2002. "Deregulating the Transfer of Agricultural Technology: Lessons from Bangladesh, India, Turkey, and Zimbabwe," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 17(2), pages 237-265, September.
- Bouman, B. A. M. & Tuong, T. P., 2001. "Field water management to save water and increase its productivity in irrigated lowland rice," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 11-30, July.
- Hossain, Mahabub & Lewis, David & Bose, Manik L. & Chowdhury, Alamgir, 2003. "Rice research, technological progress, and impacts on the poor: the Bangladesh case (summary report)," EPTD discussion papers 110, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mahabub HOSSAIN & Manik L. BOSE & Bazlul A. A. MUSTAFI, 2006. "Adoption And Productivity Impact Of Modern Rice Varieties In Bangladesh," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 44(2), pages 149-166, June.
- George F. Rhodes & Rajan K. Sampath, 1988. "Efficiency, Equity and Cost Recovery Implications of Water Pricing and Allocation Schemes in Developing Countries," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 36(1), pages 103-117, March.
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Hayami, Yujiro, 1988. "Theories of Share Tenancy: A Critical Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(1), pages 31-68, October.
- Easter, K. W., 2005. "Cost recovery and water pricing for irrigation and drainage projects," IWMI Working Papers H046176, International Water Management Institute.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Nin-Pratt, Alejandro & Diao, Xinshen, 2013. "Agricultural mechanization patterns in Nigeria: Insights from farm household typology and agricultural household model simulation:," IFPRI discussion papers 1291, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- K. William Easter & Yang Liu, 2005. "Cost Recovery and Water Pricing for Irrigation and Drainage : What Works?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 9648, The World Bank.
- Diao, Xinshen & Silver, Jed & Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2017. "Agricultural mechanization in Africa: Insights from Ghana’s experience:," Issue briefs 978-089629-296-3, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Asad Qureshi & Zia Ahmad & Timothy Krupnik, 2015. "Moving from Resource Development to Resource Management: Problems, Prospects and Policy Recommendations for Sustainable Groundwater Management in Bangladesh," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 29(12), pages 4269-4283, September.
- Mottaleb, Khondoker A. & Mohanty, Samarendu & Nelson, Andrew, 2015. "Factors influencing hybrid rice adoption: a Bangladesh case," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 59(2), April.
- Khondoker A. Mottaleb & Samarendu Mohanty & Andrew Nelson, 2015. "Factors influencing hybrid rice adoption: a Bangladesh case," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 59(2), pages 258-274, April.
- Erenstein, Olaf & Thorpe, William, 2011. "Livelihoods and agro-ecological gradients: A meso-level analysis in the Indo-Gangetic Plains, India," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 42-53, January.
- Sampath, Rajan K., 1992. "Issues in irrigation pricing in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 967-977, July.
- repec:reg:rpubli:46 is not listed on IDEAS
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yeti Nisha Madhoo, 2007. "International Trends In Water Utility Regimes," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 78(1), pages 87-135, March.
- Asaduzzaman, M. & Anik, Asif Reza, 2017. "Determinants of Adoption of Rice Yield Gap Minimisation Technology in Bangladesh," Bangladesh Development Studies, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS), vol. 40(1-2), pages 73-96, March-Jun.
- Yashodha, Y., 2018. "Bargaining and Contract Choice: Evidence from Informal Groundwater Contracts," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 276035, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nicholas Pawsey & Lin Crase, 2013. "The Mystique of Water Pricing and Accounting," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 32(3), pages 328-339, September.
- Avila-Santamaria, Jorge J. & Useche, Maria P., 2016. "Urea Subsidies and the Decision to Allocate Land to a New Fertilizing Technology: Ex-ante Analysis in Ecuador," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 229851, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Alvaro Calzadilla & Katrin Rehdanz & Richard S.J. Tol, 2008.
"Water Scarcity And The Impact Of Improved Irrigation Management: A Cge Analysis,"
FNU-160, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Apr 2008.
- Calzadilla, Alvaro & Rehdanz, Katrin & Tol, Richard S. J., 2008. "Water scarcity and the impact of improved irrigation management: a CGE analysis," Kiel Working Papers 1436, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Aryal, Jeetendra Prakash & Rahut, Dil Bahadur & Thapa, Ganesh & Simtowe, Franklin, 2021. "Mechanisation of small-scale farms in South Asia: Empirical evidence derived from farm households survey," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 65(C).
- Sreejith Aravindakshan & Frederick Rossi & T. S. Amjath-Babu & Prakashan Chellattan Veettil & Timothy J. Krupnik, 2018. "Application of a bias-corrected meta-frontier approach and an endogenous switching regression to analyze the technical efficiency of conservation tillage for wheat in South Asia," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 153-171, June.
- Khondoker A. Mottaleb & Dil Bahadur Rahut & Gideon Kruseman & Olaf Erenstein, 2018. "Wheat Production and Consumption Dynamics in an Asian Rice Economy: The Bangladesh Case," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 30(2), pages 252-275, April.
- Khandker, V & Gandhi, VP, 2018. "Post-adoption experience of hybrid rice in India: farmers’ satisfaction and willingness to grow," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 31(1).
- Chowdhury, Shyamal & Smits, Joeri & Sun, Qigang, 2020. "Contract structure, time preference, and technology adoption," GLO Discussion Paper Series 633, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Aryal, Jeetendra Prakash & Rahut, Dil Bahadur & Maharjan, Sofina & Erenstein, Olaf, 2019. "Understanding factors associated with agricultural mechanization: A Bangladesh case," World Development Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 1-9.
- De Pinto, A., 2018. "The Global Effects of Widespread Adoption of Climate Smart Agriculture," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277524, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Muhammad Waqar Akram & Nida Akram & Hongshu Wang & Shahla Andleeb & Khalil Ur Rehman & Umair Kashif & Syed Farhaan Hassan, 2020. "Socioeconomics Determinants to Adopt Agricultural Machinery for Sustainable Organic Farming in Pakistan: A Multinomial Probit Model," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(23), pages 1-15, November.
- Sha, Wenbiao & Chen, Fengbo & Mishra, Ashok K., 2019. "Adoption of direct seeded rice, land use and enterprise income: Evidence from Chinese rice producers," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 564-570.
- Chowdhury, Shyamal & Smits, Joeri & Sun, Qigang, 2020. "Does Access to Microcredit Lead to Technology Adoption by Smallholder Farmers? Experimental Evidence from Rural Bangladesh," 2020 Conference (64th), February 12-14, 2020, Perth, Western Australia 305247, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Alvaro Calzadilla & Katrin Rehdanz & Richard S.J. Tol, 2008. "The Eonomic Impact Of More Sustainable Water Use In Agriculture: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," Working Papers FNU-169, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Dec 2008.
- Michler, Jeffrey D. & Wu, Steven Y., 2020. "Governance and contract choice: Theory and evidence from groundwater irrigation markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 129-147.
- Siyal, A.A. & Mashori, A.S. & Bristow, K.L. & van Genuchten, M.Th., 2016. "Alternate furrow irrigation can radically improve water productivity of okra," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 55-60.
- Miss Fatima Khatun & Mohammed Ziaul Haider, 2016. "Impact of Technology Adoption on Agricultural Productivity," Journal of Agriculture and Crops, Academic Research Publishing Group, vol. 2(9), pages 87-93, 09-2016.
More about this item
KeywordsBoro rice; Client farmer; Groundwater; Human and social capital; Irrigation service provision; Payment method; Risk; Surface water; Sustainability;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agiwat:v:222:y:2019:i:c:p:242-253. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.