Efficiency and equity considerations in pricing and allocating irrigation water
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baumol, William J & Bradford, David F, 1970. "Optimal Departures from Marginal Cost Pricing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(3), pages 265-283, June.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, December.
- Blackorby, Charles & Donaldson, David, 1978. "Measures of relative equality and their meaning in terms of social welfare," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 59-80, June.
- Seagraves, J.A. & Easter, K. William, 1982. "Pricing for Irrigation Water," Economic Reports 8445, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Sampath, Rajan K., 1992. "Issues in irrigation pricing in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 967-977, July.
- Feldstein, Martin S, 1972. "Distributional Equity and the Optimal Structure of Public Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(1), pages 32-36, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anonymous, 2003. "Water Rights Arrangements in Australia and Overseas," Commission Research Papers 31899, Productivity Commission.
- Minjun Shi & Xiaojun Wang & Hong Yang & Tao Wang, 2014. "Pricing or Quota? A Solution to Water Scarcity in Oasis Regions in China: A Case Study in the Heihe River Basin," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(11), pages 1-20, October.
- Molle, Francois & Berkoff, J., 2007. "Water pricing in irrigation: the lifetime of an idea," IWMI Books, Reports H040600, International Water Management Institute.
- Sur, Mona & Umali-Deininger, Dina, 2003. "The Equity Consequences Of Public Irrigation Investments: The Case Of Surface Irrigation Subsidies In India," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25853, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kumar, M. Dinesh & van Dam, J. C., 2008. "Improving water productivity in agriculture in developing economies: in search of new avenues," IWMI Conference Proceedings 245276, International Water Management Institute.
- Huang, Qiuqiong & Rozelle, Scott & Howitt, Richard E. & Wang, Jinxia & Huang, Jikun, 2006. "Irrigation Water Pricing Policy in China," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21241, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Schrecongost, Alyse & Staatz, John M. & Diallo, Boubacar Cisse & Yade, Mbaye, 2004. "Water Pricing as a Tool for Integrated Water Resource Management: A Synthesis of Key Issues for Rural West Africa," Food Security International Development Policy Syntheses 11272, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Janmaat, John, 2005. "Water applications and Pigouvian taxes to control irrigation-induced soil degradation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 209-230, February.
- Manuel Martín Rodríguez & Francisco Javier Sáez Fernández & Juan Alberto Aragón Correa & Elías Melchor Ferrer & Noelina Rodríguez Ferrero, 2002. "Evaluation of irrigation projects and water resource management: a methodological proposal," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(2), pages 90-102.
- Xie, Yang & Zilberman, David, 2014. "The Economics of Water Project Capacities and Conservation Technologies," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169820, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Sidibe, Yoro & Williams, Timothy O., 2015. "Valuation of water in large-scale agricultural land investments in Mali: Efficiency and equity trade-offs," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212235, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Siwa Msangi & Richard E. Howitt, 2007.
"Income distributional effects of using market-based instruments for managing common property resources,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(s1), pages 249-259, December.
- Msangi, Siwa & Howitt, Richard E., 2006. "Income Distributional Effects of Using Market-Based Instruments for Managing Common Property Resources," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25247, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lee, Lisa Y. & Ancev, Tihomir & Vervoort, Willem, 2012. "Evaluation of environmental policies targeting irrigated agriculture: The case of the Mooki catchment, Australia," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 107-116.
- Hussain, Intizar, 2004. "Have low irrigation service charges disadvantaged the poor?," Conference Papers h033989, International Water Management Institute.
- Nuworsoo, Cornelius & Golub, Aaron & Deakin, Elizabeth, 2009. "Analyzing equity impacts of transit fare changes: Case study of Alameda-Contra Costa Transit, California," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 360-368, November.
- Janmaat, John, 2004. "Calculating the cost of irrigation induced soil salinization in the tungabhadra project," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 31(1), pages 81-96, July.
- Saraiva, Joao Paulo & Pinheiro, Antonio Cipriano, 2007. "A Multi-Criteria Approach for Irrigation Water Management," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 8(1), January.
- Kumar, M. Dinesh & van Dam, J. C., 2009. "Improving water productivity in agriculture in India: beyond \u2018more crop per drop\u2019," IWMI Books, Reports H042639, International Water Management Institute.
- Cai, Ximing & McKinney, Daene C. & Rosegrant, Mark W., 2001. "Sustainability analysis for irrigation water management: concepts, methodology, and application to the Aral Sea region," EPTD discussion papers 86, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Håkan Tropp, Malin Falkenmark and Jan Lundqvist, 2006. "Water Governance Challenges: Managing Competition and Scarcity for Hunger and Poverty Reduction and Environmental Sustainability," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-2006-13, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Bhim Adhikari, 2007. "Property Rights and Natural Resources: Socio-Economic Heterogeneity and Distributional Implications of Common Property Resource Management," Working Papers id:840, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
KeywordsWater Conservation; Environmental Economics&Policies; Water and Industry; Drylands&Desertification; Economic Theory&Research; Town Water Supply and Sanitation; Water Supply and Sanitation Governance and Institutions; Water Conservation; Water and Industry; Environmental Economics&Policies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1460. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .