Use of ENSO-related climate information in agricultural decision making in Argentina: a pilot experience
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- L. Ingber, 1993. "Simulated annealing: Practice versus theory," Lester Ingber Papers 93sa, Lester Ingber.
- Hansen, J. W. & Jones, J. W., 2000. "Scaling-up crop models for climate variability applications," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 43-72, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huang, Kaixing & Wang, Jinxia & Huang, Jikun & Findlay, Christopher, 2018.
"The potential benefits of agricultural adaptation to warming in China in the long run,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(02), pages 139-160, April.
- Jikun Huang & Kaixing Huang & Jinxia Wang, 2016. "The Potential Benefits of Agricultural Adaptation to Warming in China in the Long Run," School of Economics Working Papers 2016-06, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Julián Benitez & Roger Domecq, 2014. "Analysis of meteorological drought episodes in Paraguay," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 127(1), pages 15-25, November.
- Novak, James L. & Nadolnyak, Denis A., 2008. "Climate Effects on Rainfall Index Insurance Purchase Decisions," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46834, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Hansen, James W., 2002. "Realizing the potential benefits of climate prediction to agriculture: issues, approaches, challenges," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 309-330, December.
- Ubilava, David & Orlowski, Jan, 2016. "The Predictive Content of Climate Anomalies for Agricultural Production: Does ENSO Really Matter?," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236281, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Carla Roncoli & Christine Jost & Paul Kirshen & Moussa Sanon & Keith Ingram & Mark Woodin & Léopold Somé & Frédéric Ouattara & Bienvenue Sanfo & Ciriaque Sia & Pascal Yaka & Gerrit Hoogenboom, 2009. "From accessing to assessing forecasts: an end-to-end study of participatory climate forecast dissemination in Burkina Faso (West Africa)," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 92(3), pages 433-460, February.
- Davey, Michael & Brookshaw, Anca, 2011. "Long-range meteorological forecasting and links to agricultural applications," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(S1), pages 88-93.
- Andrieu, Nadine & Descheemaeker, Katrien & Sanou, Thierry & Chia, Eduardo, 2015. "Effects of technical interventions on flexibility of farming systems in Burkina Faso: Lessons for the design of innovations in West Africa," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 125-137.
- Cabrera, Victor E. & Letson, David & Podesta, Guillermo, 2007. "The value of climate information when farm programs matter," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 93(1-3), pages 25-42, March.
- Nadolnyak, Denis A. & Novak, James L. & Vedenov, Dmitry V. & Paz, Joel O. & Fraisse, Clyde W. & Hoogenboom, Gerrit, 2007. "Non-Parametric Analysis of ENSO Impacts on Yield Distributions: Implications for GRP Contract Design," 2007 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2007, Mobile, Alabama 34858, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- World Bank, 2010. "Improving Water Management in Rainfed Agriculture : Issues and Options in Water-Constrained Production Systems," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13028, The World Bank.
- Woli, Prem & Paz, Joel O. & Hoogenboom, Gerrit & Garcia y Garcia, Axel & Fraisse, Clyde W., 2013. "The ENSO effect on peanut yield as influenced by planting date and soil type," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 1-8.
- Bert, Federico E. & Satorre, Emilio H. & Toranzo, Fernando Ruiz & Podesta, Guillermo P., 2006. "Climatic information and decision-making in maize crop production systems of the Argentinean Pampas," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 88(2-3), pages 180-204, June.
- Geyser, Mariette & Louw, Andre & Botha, L., 2009. "Is geographic diversification sufficient to limit contract grower risk?," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 48(1), March.
- Meza, Francisco J. & Wilks, Daniel S., 2004. "Use of seasonal forecasts of sea surface temperature anomalies for potato fertilization management. Theoretical study considering EPIC model results at Valdivia, Chile," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 161-180, November.
- repec:spr:climat:v:141:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10584-016-1888-6 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:74:y:2002:i:3:p:371-392. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.