Scaling-up crop models for climate variability applications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Moen, Thomas N. & Kaiser, Harry M. & Riha, Susan J., 1994. "Regional yield estimation using a crop simulation model: Concepts, methods, and validation," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 79-92.
- Haskett, Jonathan D. & Pachepsky, Yakov A. & Acock, Basil, 1995. "Use of the beta distribution for parameterizing variability of soil properties at the regional level for crop yield estimation," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 73-86.
- de Jager, J. M. & Potgieter, A. B. & van den Berg, W. J., 1998. "Framework for forecasting the extent and severity of drought in maize in the Free State Province of South Africa," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 351-365, July.
- van Lanen, H. A. J. & van Diepen, C. A. & Reinds, G. J. & de Koning, G. H. J. & Bulens, J. D. & Bregt, A. K., 1992. "Physical land evaluation methods and GIS to explore the crop growth potential and its effects within the European communities," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 307-328.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Everingham, Y. L. & Muchow, R. C. & Stone, R. C. & Inman-Bamber, N. G. & Singels, A. & Bezuidenhout, C. N., 2002. "Enhanced risk management and decision-making capability across the sugarcane industry value chain based on seasonal climate forecasts," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 459-477, December.
- repec:taf:oaefxx:v:5:y:2017:i:1:p:1323372 is not listed on IDEAS
- Quiroga, Sonia & Iglesias, Ana, 2009. "A comparison of the climate risks of cereal, citrus, grapevine and olive production in Spain," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 101(1-2), pages 91-100, June.
- Bezuidenhout, C.N. & Singels, A., 2007. "Operational forecasting of South African sugarcane production: Part 2 - System evaluation," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 92(1-3), pages 39-51, January.
- Zhao, Quanying & Brocks, Sebastian & Lenz-Wiedemann, Victoria I.S. & Miao, Yuxin & Zhang, Fusuo & Bareth, Georg, 2017. "Detecting spatial variability of paddy rice yield by combining the DNDC model with high resolution satellite images," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 47-57.
- Balkovič, Juraj & van der Velde, Marijn & Schmid, Erwin & Skalský, Rastislav & Khabarov, Nikolay & Obersteiner, Michael & Stürmer, Bernhard & Xiong, Wei, 2013. "Pan-European crop modelling with EPIC: Implementation, up-scaling and regional crop yield validation," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 61-75.
- Stoorvogel, J. J. & Antle, J. M. & Crissman, C. C. & Bowen, W., 2004. "The tradeoff analysis model: integrated bio-physical and economic modeling of agricultural production systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 43-66, April.
- James Watson & Andrew Challinor & Thomas Fricker & Christopher Ferro, 2015. "Comparing the effects of calibration and climate errors on a statistical crop model and a process-based crop model," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 132(1), pages 93-109, September.
- Mavromatis, T., 2016. "Spatial resolution effects on crop yield forecasts: An application to rainfed wheat yield in north Greece with CERES-Wheat," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 38-48.
- Anubhab Pattanayak & and K. S. Kavi Kumar, "undated". "Does Weather Sensitivity of Rice Yield Vary Across Regions? Evidence from Eastern and Southern India," Working Papers 2017-162, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Finger, Robert, 2012. "Biases in Farm-Level Yield Risk Analysis due to Data Aggregation," Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, vol. 61(1).
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:222:y:2011:i:1:p:131-143 is not listed on IDEAS
- Davide Cammarano & David Zierden & Lydia Stefanova & Senthold Asseng & James O’Brien & James Jones, 2016. "Using historical climate observations to understand future climate change crop yield impacts in the Southeastern US," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 134(1), pages 311-326, January.
- Piewthongngam, Kullapapruk & Pathumnakul, Supachai & Setthanan, Kanchana, 2009. "Application of crop growth simulation and mathematical modeling to supply chain management in the Thai sugar industry," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 102(1-3), pages 58-66, October.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:213:y:2008:i:3:p:365-380 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hardaker, J. Brian & Lien, Gudbrand, 2010. "Probabilities for decision analysis in agriculture and rural resource economics: The need for a paradigm change," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(6), pages 345-350, July.
- Bezuidenhout, C.N. & Singels, A., 2007. "Operational forecasting of South African sugarcane production: Part 1 - System description," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 92(1-3), pages 23-38, January.
- Heinemann, A. B. & Hoogenboom, G. & de Faria, R. T., 2002. "Determination of spatial water requirements at county and regional levels using crop models and GIS: An example for the State of Parana, Brazil," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 177-196, January.
- Kar, Gouranga & Verma, H.N., 2005. "Climatic water balance, probable rainfall, rice crop water requirements and cold periods in AER 12.0 in India," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 15-32, March.
- World Bank, 2010. "Improving Water Management in Rainfed Agriculture : Issues and Options in Water-Constrained Production Systems," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13028, The World Bank.
- Podesta, Guillermo & Letson, David & Messina, Carlos & Royce, Fred & Ferreyra, R. Andres & Jones, James & Hansen, James & Llovet, Ignacio & Grondona, Martin & O'Brien, James J., 2002. "Use of ENSO-related climate information in agricultural decision making in Argentina: a pilot experience," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 371-392, December.
- Che-Chen Xu & Wen-Xiang Wu & Quan-Sheng Ge & Yang Zhou & Yu-Mei Lin & Ya-Mei Li, 2017. "Simulating climate change impacts and potential adaptations on rice yields in the Sichuan Basin, China," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 565-594, April.
- van Ittersum, Martin K. & Ewert, Frank & Heckelei, Thomas & Wery, Jacques & Alkan Olsson, Johanna & Andersen, Erling & Bezlepkina, Irina & Brouwer, Floor & Donatelli, Marcello & Flichman, Guillermo & , 2008. "Integrated assessment of agricultural systems - A component-based framework for the European Union (SEAMLESS)," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 96(1-3), pages 150-165, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:65:y:2000:i:1:p:43-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.