The value of climate information when farm programs matter
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mjelde, J. W. & Hill, H. S. J., 1999. "The effect of the use of improved climate forecasts on variable costs, input usage, and production," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 213-225, June.
- James W. Mjelde & Harvey S.J. Hill & John F. Griffiths, 1998. "A Review of Current Evidence on Climate Forecasts and Their Economic Effects in Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1089-1095.
- Hammer, G. L. & Hansen, J. W. & Phillips, J. G. & Mjelde, J. W. & Hill, H. & Love, A. & Potgieter, A., 2001. "Advances in application of climate prediction in agriculture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 70(2-3), pages 515-553.
- Jagtap, S. S. & Jones, J. W. & Hildebrand, P. & Letson, D. & O'Brien, J. J. & Podesta, G. & Zierden, D. & Zazueta, F., 2002. "Responding to stakeholder's demands for climate information: from research to applications in Florida," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 415-430, December.
- Phillips, J. G. & Deane, D. & Unganai, L. & Chimeli, A., 2002. "Implications of farm-level response to seasonal climate forecasts for aggregate grain production in Zimbabwe," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 351-369, December.
- Bert, Federico E. & Satorre, Emilio H. & Toranzo, Fernando Ruiz & Podesta, Guillermo P., 2006. "Climatic information and decision-making in maize crop production systems of the Argentinean Pampas," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 88(2-3), pages 180-204, June.
- James W. Mjelde & Troy N. Thompson & Clair J. Nixon, 1996. "Government Institutional Effects on the Value of Seasonal Climate Forecasts," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 175-188.
- Hansen, James W., 2002. "Realizing the potential benefits of climate prediction to agriculture: issues, approaches, challenges," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 309-330, December.
- Podesta, Guillermo & Letson, David & Messina, Carlos & Royce, Fred & Ferreyra, R. Andres & Jones, James & Hansen, James & Llovet, Ignacio & Grondona, Martin & O'Brien, James J., 2002. "Use of ENSO-related climate information in agricultural decision making in Argentina: a pilot experience," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 371-392, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Asseng, Senthold & Thomas, Dean & McIntosh, Peter & Alves, Oscar & Khimashia, Nirav, 2012. "Managing mixed wheat–sheep farms with a seasonal forecast," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 50-56.
- Mario Andres Fernandez & Pei Huang & Bruce McCarl & Vikram Mehta, 2016.
"Value of decadal climate variability information for agriculture in the Missouri River basin,"
Springer, vol. 139(3), pages 517-533, December.
- Fernandez, Mario & Huang, Pei & McCarl, Bruce & Mehta, Vikram, 2015. "Value of Decadal Climate Variability Information for Agriculture in the Missouri River Basin," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205123, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Carriquiry, Miguel A. & Osgood, Daniel E., 2006. "Index Insurance, Production Practices, and Probabilistic Climate Forecasts," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21463, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Jesse B. Tack & David Ubilava, 2015.
"Climate and agricultural risk: measuring the effect of ENSO on U.S. crop insurance,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 46(2), pages 245-257, March.
- Tack, Jesse B. & Ubilava, David, 2013. "El Ni˜no Southern Oscillation Impacts on Crop Insurance," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151429, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Mitter, H. & Schmid, E., 2018. "The economic value of climate information for water stress management in crop production: an Austrian case study," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277099, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Valvekar, Mayuri & Chavas, Jean P. & Gould, Brian W. & Cabrera, Victor E., 2011. "Revenue risk management, risk aversion and the use of Livestock Gross Margin for Dairy Cattle insurance," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(9), pages 671-678.
- Kusunose, Yoko & Mahmood, Rezaul, 2016. "Imperfect forecasts and decision making in agriculture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 103-110.
- Farid AitSahlia & Chung-Jui Wang & Victor Cabrera & Stan Uryasev & Clyde Fraisse, 2011. "Optimal crop planting schedules and financial hedging strategies under ENSO-based climate forecasts," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 190(1), pages 201-220, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:93:y:2007:i:1-3:p:25-42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.