The Predictive Content of Climate Anomalies for Agricultural Production: Does ENSO Really Matter?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Woli, Prem & Paz, Joel O. & Hoogenboom, Gerrit & Garcia y Garcia, Axel & Fraisse, Clyde W., 2013. "The ENSO effect on peanut yield as influenced by planting date and soil type," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 1-8.
- Allan D. Brunner, 2002.
"El Niño and World Primary Commodity Prices: Warm Water or Hot Air?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 176-183, February.
- Allan D. Brunner, 1998. "El Nino and world primary commodity prices: warm water or hot air?," International Finance Discussion Papers 608, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allan D. Brunner, 2000. "El Nino and World Primary Commodity Prices; Warm Water or Hot Air?," IMF Working Papers 00/203, International Monetary Fund.
- Farid AitSahlia & Chung-Jui Wang & Victor Cabrera & Stan Uryasev & Clyde Fraisse, 2011. "Optimal crop planting schedules and financial hedging strategies under ENSO-based climate forecasts," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 190(1), pages 201-220, October.
- Jesse B. Tack & David Ubilava, 2015.
"Climate and agricultural risk: measuring the effect of ENSO on U.S. crop insurance,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 46(2), pages 245-257, March.
- Tack, Jesse B. & Ubilava, David, 2013. "El Ni˜no Southern Oscillation Impacts on Crop Insurance," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151429, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ubilava, David & holt, Matt, 2013.
"El Ni~no southern oscillation and its effects on world vegetable oil prices: assessing asymmetries using smooth transition models,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 57(2), June.
- David Ubilava & Matt Holt, 2013. "El Niño southern oscillation and its effects on world vegetable oil prices: assessing asymmetries using smooth transition models," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 57(2), pages 273-297, April.
- Ubilava, David & Holt, Matthew T., 2009. "Nonlinearities in the World Vegetable Oil Price System: El Nino Effects," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49360, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Chen, Chi-Chung & McCarl, Bruce A., 2000. "The Value Of Enso Information To Agriculture: Consideration Of Event Strength And Trade," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(02), December.
- Jesse Tack & David Ubilava, 2013.
"The effect of El Niño Southern Oscillation on U.S. corn production and downside risk,"
Springer, vol. 121(4), pages 689-700, December.
- Tack, Jesse B. & Ubilava, David, 2012. "The Effect of the El Nino Southern Oscillation on U.S. Corn Production and Downside Risk," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119785, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Podesta, Guillermo & Letson, David & Messina, Carlos & Royce, Fred & Ferreyra, R. Andres & Jones, James & Hansen, James & Llovet, Ignacio & Grondona, Martin & O'Brien, James J., 2002. "Use of ENSO-related climate information in agricultural decision making in Argentina: a pilot experience," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 371-392, December.
- Christopher B. Barrett, 1998. "The Value of Imperfect ENSO Forecast Information: Discussion," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1109-1112.
- Michael J. Roberts & Wolfram Schlenker, 2013.
"Identifying Supply and Demand Elasticities of Agricultural Commodities: Implications for the US Ethanol Mandate,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 103(6), pages 2265-2295, October.
- Michael J. Roberts & Wolfram Schlenker, 2010. "Identifying Supply and Demand Elasticities of Agricultural Commodities: Implications for the US Ethanol Mandate," NBER Working Papers 15921, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anthony C. Fisher & W. Michael Hanemann & Michael J. Roberts & Wolfram Schlenker, 2012. "The Economic Impacts of Climate Change: Evidence from Agricultural Output and Random Fluctuations in Weather: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(7), pages 3749-3760, December.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate Anomalies; El Niño Southern Oscillation; Forecast Evaluation; U.S. Corn Production; Crop Production/Industries;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea16:236281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .