Does Currency Substitution Affect Exchange Rate Volatility?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yinusa, Dauda Olalekan, 2008. "Between dollarization and exchange rate volatility: Nigeria's portfolio diversification option," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 811-826.
- Canzoneri, Matthew B. & Diba, Behzad T., 1993. "Currency substitution and exchange rate volatility in the European Community," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3-4), pages 351-365, November.
- Yinusa D. O. & A. E. Akinlo, 2008.
"Exchange Rate Volatility and the Extent of Currency Substitution in Nigeria,"
Indian Economic Review,
Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 161-181, December.
- Yinusa, D. Olalekan & Akinlo, A.E., 2008. "Exchange Rate Volatility and the extent of Currency Substitution in Nigeria," MPRA Paper 16257, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Uribe, Martin, 1997.
"Hysteresis in a simple model of currency substitution,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 185-202, September.
- Martin Uribe, 1995. "Hysteresis in a simple model of currency substitution," International Finance Discussion Papers 509, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Amato, Jeffery D. & Gerlach, Stefan, 2002.
"Inflation targeting in emerging market and transition economies: Lessons after a decade,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 46(4-5), pages 781-790, May.
- Amato, Jeffery D. & Gerlach, Stefan, 2001. "Inflation Targeting in Emerging Market and Transition Economies: Lessons After a Decade," CEPR Discussion Papers 3074, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jeffery D. Amato & Stefan Gerlach, 2001. "Inflation Targeting in Emerging Market and Transition Economies: Lessons after a Decade," Working Papers 132001, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Isaac, Allan G., 1989. "Exchange rate volatility and currency substitution," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 277-284, June.
- Girton, Lance & Roper, Don E, 1981. "Theory and Implications of Currency Substitution," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 13(1), pages 12-30, February.
- John Kareken & Neil Wallace, 1981. "On the Indeterminacy of Equilibrium Exchange Rates," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 96(2), pages 207-222.
- McKenzie, Michael D, 1999. " The Impact of Exchange Rate Volatility on International Trade Flows," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 71-106, February.
- Akcay, O. Cevdet & Alper, C. Emre & Karasulu, Meral, 1997. "Currency substitution and exchange rate instability: The Turkish case," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 827-835, April.
More about this item
KeywordsCurrency Substitution; Exchange Rate Volatility; TARCH model;
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eco:journ1:2014-04-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilhan Ozturk). General contact details of provider: http://www.econjournals.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.