The dynamics of inflation and currency substitution in a small open economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas, 2004. "The Dynamics of Inflation and Currency Substitution in a Small Open Economy," NIPE Working Papers 1/2004, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas, 2003. "The dynamics of inflation and currency substitution in a small open economy," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 02, Departamento de Economia, Gestão e Engenharia Industrial, Universidade de Aveiro, revised Aug 2003.
References listed on IDEAS
- Federico A. Sturzenegger, 1992.
"Inflation and Social Welfare in a Model with Endogenous Financial Adaptation,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
658, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Federico Sturzenegger, 1992. "Inflation and Social Welfare in a Model With Endogenous Financial Adaptation," NBER Working Papers 4103, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Reynoso, Alejandro, 1989. "Financial Factors in Economic Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 204-209, May.
- Chang, Roberto, 1994.
"Endogenous Currency Substitution, Inflationary Finance, and Welfare,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(4), pages 903-916, November.
- Chang, Roberto, 1989. "Endogenous Currency Substitution, Inflationary Finance, And Welfare," Working Papers 89-12, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- John Kareken & Neil Wallace, 1981. "On the Indeterminacy of Equilibrium Exchange Rates," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 96(2), pages 207-222.
- Pablo E. Guidotti & Carlos A. Rodriguez, 1992.
"Dollarization in Latin America: Gresham's Law in Reverse?,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 39(3), pages 518-544, September.
- Pablo Emilio Guidotti & Carlos A. Rodriguez, 1991. "Dollarization in Latin America; Gresham's Law in Reverse?," IMF Working Papers 91/117, International Monetary Fund.
- Pablo Guidotti & Carlos A. Rodríguez, 1992. "Dollarization in Latin America: Gresham's Law in Reverse?," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 81, Universidad del CEMA.
- Dowd, Kevin & Greenaway, David, 1993. "Currency Competition, Network Externalities and Switching Costs: Towards an Alternative View of Optimum Currency Areas," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(420), pages 1180-1189, September.
- Clements, Benedict & Schwartz, Gerd, 1993. "Currency substitution: The recent experience of Bolivia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(11), pages 1883-1893, November.
- Uribe, Martin, 1997.
"Hysteresis in a simple model of currency substitution,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 185-202, September.
- Martin Uribe, 1995. "Hysteresis in a simple model of currency substitution," International Finance Discussion Papers 509, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rudiger Dornbusch & Ferico Sturzenegger & Holger Wolf, 1990. "Extreme Inflation: Dynamics and Stabilization," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 21(2), pages 1-84.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Helmut Stix, 2010. "The Euro as a Safe Haven Asset in Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe," Chapters,in: The Euro and Economic Stability, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas, 2006.
"Currency Substitution and Money Demand in Euroland,"
Atlantic Economic Journal,
Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 34(3), pages 275-287, September.
- LEBRE DE FREITAS Miguel, "undated". "Currency Substitution and Money Demand in Euroland," EcoMod2003 330700087, EcoMod.
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas, 2003. "Currency substitution and money demand in Euroland," NIPE Working Papers 11/2003, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Edlira Narazani, 2013. "A Micro Level Perspective of Euroization in Albania," wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 109, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Yinusa, D. Olalekan, 2009. "Macroeconomic Fluctuations and Deposit Dollarization in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Panel Data," MPRA Paper 16259, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009.
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas & Francisco José Veiga, 2006.
"Currency substitution, portfolio diversification, and money demand,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 39(3), pages 719-743, August.
- Miguel LEBRE DE FREITAS, "undated". "Currency Substitution, Portfolio Diversification and Money Demand," EcoMod2004 330600090, EcoMod.
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas, 2004. "Currency Substitution, portfolio Diversification and Money Demand," NIPE Working Papers 9/2004, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas, 2004. "Currency Substitution, Portfolio Diversification and Money Demand," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 263, Econometric Society.
- Kyriakos C. Neanidis & Christos S. Savva, 2006.
"The Effects of Uncertainty on Currency Substitution and Inflation: Evidence from Emerging Economies,"
The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series
0609, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- K C Neanidis & C S Savva, 2006. "The Effects of Uncertainty on Currency Substitution and Inflation: Evidence from Emerging Economies," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 71, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Helmut Stix, 2008. "Euroization: What Factors drive its Persistence?," Working Papers 140, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Thomas Scheiber & Helmut Stix, 2009. "Euroization in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe – New Evidence On Its Extent and Some Evidence On Its Causes," Working Papers 159, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas, 2014. "On inflation and money demand in a portfolio model with shopping costs," NIPE Working Papers 13/2014, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
More about this item
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jimfin:v:23:y:2004:i:1:p:133-142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.