Exchange Rate Volatility and the extent of Currency Substitution in Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Yinusa D. O. & A. E. Akinlo, 2008. "Exchange Rate Volatility and the Extent of Currency Substitution in Nigeria," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 161-181, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Branson, William H. & Henderson, Dale W., 1985. "The specification and influence of asset markets," Handbook of International Economics,in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 749-805 Elsevier.
- Luboš Komárek & Martin Melecký, 2003. "Currency Substitution in a Transitional Economy with an Application to the Czech Republic," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(4), pages 72-99, July.
- Miguel A Savastano, 1996. "Dollarization in Latin America; Recent Evidence and Some Policy Issues," IMF Working Papers 96/4, International Monetary Fund.
- Joannes Mongardini & Johannes Mueller, 2000.
"Ratchet Effects in Currency Substitution: An Application to the Kyrgyz Republic,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 47(2), pages 1-3.
- Joannes Mongardini & Johannes Mueller, 1999. "Rachet Effects in Currency Substitution; An Application to the Kyrgyz Republic," IMF Working Papers 99/102, International Monetary Fund.
- Girton, Lance & Roper, Don E, 1981. "Theory and Implications of Currency Substitution," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 13(1), pages 12-30, February.
- Mizen, Paul & Pentecost, Eric J, 1994. "Evaluating the Empirical Evidence for Currency Substitution: A Case Study of the Demand for Sterling in Europe," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(426), pages 1057-1069, September.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Edgar L. Feige & Michael Faulend & Velimir Sonje & Vedran Sosic, 2001. "Currency Substitution, Unoffical Dollarization and Estimates of Foreign Currency Held Abroad: The Case of Croatia," International Finance 0106001, EconWPA.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marco Airaudo & Edward F Buffie & Luis-Felipe Zanna, 2016. "Inflation Targeting and Exchange Rate Management In Less Developed Countries," IMF Working Papers 16/55, International Monetary Fund.
- Yinusa, D. Olalekan, 2009. "Macroeconomic Fluctuations and Deposit Dollarization in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Panel Data," MPRA Paper 16259, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009.
- repec:eco:journ1:2017-04-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eco:journ1:2014-03-01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Obinwata, Bede & OWURU, Joel & FARAYIBI, Adesoji, 2016.
"Exchange Rate Trends and Export Performance in Nigeria: A Descriptive Approach,"
75526, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Dec 2016.
- OWURU, Joel & FARAYIBI, Adesoji, 2016. "Exchange Rate Trends and Export Performance in Nigeria: A Descriptive Approach," MPRA Paper 74158, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hisao Kumamoto & Masao Kumamoto, 2014. "Does Currency Substitution Affect Exchange Rate Volatility?," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 4(4), pages 698-704.
- Raheem, Ibrahim D. & Asongu, Simplice A., 2016.
"Extending the Determinants of Dollarization in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Role of Easy Access to Foreign Exchange Earnings,"
75415, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ibrahim D. Raheem & Simplice Asongu, 2016. "Extending the Determinants of Dollarization in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Role of Easy Access to Foreign Exchange Earnings," Working Papers 16/033, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Maria Semenova & Andrey Shapkin, 2016. "Currency Shifts as a Market Discipline Device: The Case of the Russian Market for Personal Deposits," HSE Working papers WP BRP 57/FE/2016, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- repec:eee:jimfin:v:81:y:2018:i:c:p:159-184 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsDemand for money; Exchange Rate Volatility; Currency Substitution; Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance; Nigeria;
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16257. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.