Currency Substitution, Unoffical Dollarization and Estimates of Foreign Currency Held Abroad: The Case of Croatia
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Helmut Stix, 2001. "Survey Results about Foreign Currency Holdings in Five Central and Eastern European Countries," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 2(3), pages 41-48, February.
- Kessy, Pantaleo, 2011. "Dollarization in Tanzania: empirical evidence and cross-country experience," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 36381, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Seater, John J., 2008.
"The Demand for Currency Substitution,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 2, pages 1-30.
- John Murray & James Powell, 2002. "Dollarization in Canada: The Buck Stops There," Technical Reports 90, Bank of Canada.
- Buiter, Willem H., 2009.
"Negative nominal interest rates: Three ways to overcome the zero lower bound,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 213-238, December.
- Willem H. Buiter, 2009. "Negative Nominal Interest Rates: Three ways to overcome the zero lower bound," NBER Working Papers 15118, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buiter, Willem H., 2009. "Negative Nominal Interest Rates: Three ways to overcome the zero lower bound," CEPR Discussion Papers 7346, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Buiter, Willem H., 2009. "Negative nominal interest rates: three ways to overcome the zero lower bound," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 29297, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Willem Buiter, 2009. "Negative Nominal Interest Rates: Three ways to overcome the zero lower bound," FMG Discussion Papers dp636, Financial Markets Group.
- Lubos Komarek & Martin Melecky, 2001. "Currency Substitution in the Czech Republic 1993-2001," Archive of Monetary Policy Division Working Papers 2001/40, Czech National Bank.
- Murray, John & Powell, James, 2003. "Dollarization in Canada: where does the buck stop?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 145-172, August.
- Lubo Komrek & Martin Meleck, 2004. "Money Demand in an Open Transition Economy," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(5), pages 73-73, September.
- Edgar L. Feige, 2003.
"The Dynamics of Currency Substitution, Asset Substitution and De facto Dollarization and Euroization in Transition Countrieses,"
- Feige,E.L., 2003. "The dynamics of currency substitution, asset substitution and de facto dollarization and euroization in transition countries," Working papers 3, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Edgar L. Feige, 2003. "The Dynamics of Currency Substitution, Asset Substitution and De facto Dollarization and Euroization in Transition Countries," Macroeconomics 0302005, EconWPA.
- Valev, Neven T., 2010. "The hysteresis of currency substitution: Currency risk vs. network externalities," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 224-235, March.
- Ainura Uzagalieva, 2005. "Fiscal Consequences of Monetary Integration within the Common Economic Area: the Case of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp254, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Shinkevich Andrey, 2002. "Dollarization Hysteresis in Russia," EERC Working Paper Series 00-087e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Edgar Feige & James Dean, 2002. "Dollarization and Euroization in Transition Countries: Currency Substitution, Asset Substitution, Network Externalities and Irreversibility," International Finance 0205003, EconWPA.
- Oomes, Nienke & Ohnsorge, Franziska, 2005.
"Money demand and inflation in dollarized economies: The case of Russia,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 462-483, September.
- Franziska L Ohnsorge & Nienke Oomes, 2005. "Money Demand and Inflation in Dollarized Economies; The Case of Russia," IMF Working Papers 05/144, International Monetary Fund.
- Yinusa D. O. & A. E. Akinlo, 2008.
"Exchange Rate Volatility and the Extent of Currency Substitution in Nigeria,"
Indian Economic Review,
Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 161-181, December.
- Yinusa, D. Olalekan & Akinlo, A.E., 2008. "Exchange Rate Volatility and the extent of Currency Substitution in Nigeria," MPRA Paper 16257, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ivan Milenković & Milivoje Davidović, 2013. "Determinants of Currency Substitution/Dollarization – The Case of the Republic of Serbia," Journal of Central Banking Theory and Practice, Central bank of Montenegro, vol. 2(1), pages 139-155.
- Vedran Sosic & Michael Faulend, 2002. "Dollarisation and the Underground Economy: Accidental Partners?," Occasional paper series 15, Institute of Public Finance.
- Komárek Luboš & Melecký Martin, 2001. "Demand for Money in the Transition Economy : The Case of the Czech Republic 1993–2001," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 614, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Komárek Luboš & Melecký Martin, 2001. "Currency Substitution in the Transition Economy : A Case of the Czech Republic 1993-2001," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 613, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsCurrency Substitution; Unofficial Dollarization; Defacto dollarization; asset substitution; exchange rate policy; Euro currency; foreign currency circulating abroad; irreversibility; hysteresis; network externalities.;
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-06-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-IFN-2001-06-22 (International Finance)
- NEP-MON-2001-06-22 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-NET-2001-06-22 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpif:0106001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.