Shock Persistence and Current Account Dynamics
One-sector inter-temporal models of the current account predict that a transitory shock to the terms of trade will lead to improvement in trade balance, while a persistent (or permanent) one could result in trade balance deterioration. This paper reexamines this issue in a two-sector small open economy model with non-traded goods and show that the result may not hold, depending on the exchange rate regime.
Volume (Year): 31 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Devereux, Michael B & Lane, Philip R., 2001.
"Exchange Rates and Monetary Policy in Emerging Market Economies,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2874, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael B. Devereux & Philip R. Lane & Juanyi Xu, 2006. "Exchange Rates and Monetary Policy in Emerging Market Economies," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(511), pages 478-506, 04.
- Michael B. Devereux & Philip R. Lane, 2000. "Exchange Rates and Monetary Policy in Emerging Market Economies," Working Papers 072000, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Philip R. Lane & Michael B. Devereux,Juanyi Xu, 2005. "Exchange Rates and Monetary Policy in Emerging Market Economies," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp036, IIIS.
- Michael B. Devereux & Philip Lane, 2001. "Exchange Rates and Monetary Policy in Emerging Market Economies," CEG Working Papers 20017, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Michael B. Devereux & Philip Lane, 2001. "Exchange Rates and Monetary Policy in Emerging Market Economies," Trinity Economics Papers 200111, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Kang Shi, 2011.
"Sectoral Labor Adjustment and Monetary Policy in a Small Open Economy,"
302011, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Shi, Kang, 2011. "Sectoral labor adjustment and monetary policy in a small open economy," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 634-643.
- Driskill, Robert, 2001. "Nontraded Goods and the Current Account," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 16-23, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-11-00131. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.