Plato's Republic and liberal economic education for the twenty-first century
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robin L. Bartlett, 1996. "Discovering Diversity in Introductory Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 141-153, Spring.
- Frey, Bruno S & Oberholzer-Gee, Felix, 1997. "The Cost of Price Incentives: An Empirical Analysis of Motivation Crowding-Out," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(4), pages 746-755, September.
- Frank D. Tinari & Kailash Khandke, 2000. "From Rhythm and Blues to Broadway: Using Music to Teach Economics," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 253-270, September.
- Bilodeau, Marc & Gravel, Nicolas, 2004.
"Voluntary provision of a public good and individual morality,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(3-4), pages 645-666, March.
- M. Bilodeau & N. Gravel, 1997. "Voluntary provision of a public good and individual morality," THEMA Working Papers 97-31, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Bilodeau, M. & Gravel, N., 1997. "Voluntary Provision of a Public Good and Individual Morality," Papers 9731, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- Bewley, Truman F, 1995. "A Depressed Labor Market as Explained by Participants," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 250-254, May.
- Donna M. Kish-goodling, 1998. "Using The Merchant of Venice in Teaching Monetary Economics," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 330-339, January.
- Sam Allgood & William Bosshardt & Wilbert van der Klaauw & Michael Watts, 2004. "What Students Remember and Say about College Economics Years Later," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 259-265, May.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1975. "Macroeconomic Constraints, Economic Efficiency and Ethics: An Introduction to Kantian Economics," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 42(168), pages 430-437, November.
- George A. Petrochilos, 2002. "Kalokagathia: The Ethical Basis of Hellenic Political Economy and Its Influence from Plato to Ruskin and Sen," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 599-631, Fall.
- Frey, Bruno S, 1997. "A Constitution for Knaves Crowds Out Civic Virtues," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(443), pages 1043-1053, July.
- Michael Wattsee, 2002. "How Economists Use Literature and Drama," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(4), pages 377-386, December.
- Harberger, Arnold C, 1993. "The Search for Relevance in Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 1-16, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ireced:v:25:y:2017:i:c:p:35-40 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsDivision of Labor;
- A2 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
- A0 - General Economics and Teaching - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-07a20004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.